Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,377,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
It backfired, it made Trump look honest and open. Even if you didn't like his answer you knew he was sincere about it. Most of the other candidates would have just lied if they were put in that position.

That is true, unless you live under a rock, you would not know this. Obviously certain players don't want Trump in the mix, that was clear as night and day.

Your right whether you like his answers or not, you will get honest. Kelly went after Trump immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:55 AM

67,654 posts, read 60,300,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Did I miss it? Was Trump not asked the God question, or about ISIS or abortion?
You didn't miss it - the moderators missed it.

He was not asked these questions. He really dodged a bullet, and yet he has the gall to act petulant about the questions he WAS asked.

What a buffoon he is.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,604,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I've been reading a lot of threads after last night and a lot are pretty mean, especially toward Megyn Kelly. Here is the thing. This debate was meant to be tough. It was meant to challenge people's views and past. It was meant to weed out the GOP hopefuls and prove who is really presidential. And that's what the moderators did. People say they had it out for Trump. Here is the thing, he pulled a liberal on us. He dodged the question, refused to present the facts, and played the victim. Everyone got asked tough questions. Even Bush (who Trump claims was asked softball questions) was asked again whether he supported Iraq or not. I don't understand the fuss. The idea was to point out the flaws of each candidate and see how they could defend them (i.e. DONALD HAS A LOT OF FLAWS) And I agree the moderators could have been more professional but hey, It's prime time television. They aren't gonna make it boring. It was exciting. And the biggest thing people need to realize is that this is the only debate that will not hand out softball questions. This debate was purely designed to show who is presidential.

THE MODERATORS ASKED THE QUESTIONS THAT NEEDED TO BE ASKED i.e. Donald's flip flop with political parties and views. Best question of the night!

Here is my question to Trump: Where is your proof that Mexico is intentionally sending illegals to the US? How will you build that wall on the border? How will you bring jobs back to America (i.e how will you convince Ford to move their plant back to the US)?

I agree with his talking points, especially about PC but he needs to answer these questions!

Fox News GOP debate: Brett Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace got the job done.

Now please, don't change your view on Fox News. Don't say you aren't watching Bret or Megyn anymore. Where else are you going to get your conservative news? I found the debate fair and balanced, like both moderator's show. KEEP WATCHING THEM. You know Trump isn't the best candidate. Neither is Bush and they touched on that issue. If you want someone similar to Trump, vote CARLY FIORINA 2016!
Very good analysis.
I agree - the questions need to be asked.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM

29,841 posts, read 18,685,324 times
When you more than double the all time record, that's impressive. I guess Trump factor is a big reason.

Okay Dems, time for you to spout some sarcastic remarks about never gonna happen, Blue Wall, Republican Party is disintegrating (even though there are more elected Republicans than at any time since 1928 and Republicans control every sector of Govt except the White House) to go for a buzz kill.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Is Time mainstream enough for you? Trump crushing it there too...

Republican Debate Poll: Who Won First Fox GOP Debate?
I didn't say I doubted that Trump was winning in the polls (after all, most people are of average intelligence and he appeals to that segment I guess).

I just said that a Drudge Report poll isn't mainstream. The ranking of the other candidates differs significantly between the Time poll and the Drudge Report poll.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,902,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
Is Time mainstream enough for you? Trump crushing it there too...

Republican Debate Poll: Who Won First Fox GOP Debate?
Internet polls like this generally aren't very reliable as you have many voting that would never vote for Trump voting for him in the poll, but the way he has crushed everyone else in nearly every poll is saying something.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,517,065 times
He's winning the MSNBC poll too. Only 5 candidates to choose from though, odd.

Poll: Who won the first Republican debate? | MSNBC

Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,081,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is that why Sanders has caught her in some polls and the (D)'s are looking for another candidate to enter the race?

Is it why the (D)'s are putting off their debates?
Power Brokers on this country want a Bush-Clinton run. On the Rep side they could move in Rubio or Walker instead and still be happy on the Dem side they haven't found a replacement for Clinton.
But don't fool yourself those four names are the Status Quo choices

25,619 posts, read 36,524,155 times
Trump, the moderators and the Fox News Channel all won big last night.

It's easy to see just based on all positive and negative comments in this thread.

Now how long this carries remains to be seen.

As along as everyone keeps talking about Trump he remains relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Internet polls like this generally aren't very reliable as you have many voting that would never vote for Trump voting for him in the poll, but the way he has crushed everyone else in nearly every poll is saying something.
Yep, it's saying something sad about the average American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies