Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 PM

148 posts, read 131,202 times

Advertisements

[quote=pknopp;40739324]

Quote:
So we can dispense with the idea "that they won't even realize it" as irrelevant? That realization really has little to do with anything?
Pretty much.

Quote:
It really doesn't matter what you think.

Exactly, which is why i didn't share it here. It isn't illegal, and the law say it isn't murder. By our current standards there is nothing wrong with it. The only people who has a problem are pro lifers... this isn't going the way in which I actually think btw.

Quote:
Which in no way negates my point.
If you understand your point, then the rest of that post does. Your analogy was bad. That was all I wanted to say.

Quote:
I'm not sure the relevance here. At first we were discussing the effect on the entity. Now you have changed the subject to the effect on others.
See above. This is just explaining why your analogy is bad. A person is far more complex than a zygote, in many ways.

Quote:
It's better than some other options. Like killing them.
It isn't killing, and honestly, tell me why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:46 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I gave you a link and someone else gave you a link. The foster care system is broken and these unwanted kids suffer.
Which has nothing to do with the bogus claim. A small simple "I was wrong" generally suffices but if you would rather stand behind it. Go for it. Seems pretty common in discussions like this.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:50 PM

31,867 posts, read 14,847,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which has nothing to do with the bogus claim. A small simple "I was wrong" generally suffices but if you would rather stand behind it. Go for it. Seems pretty common in discussions like this.
What was I wrong about...sorry, I don't understand

Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
are you seriously denying that there are not over 100,000 children in foster care that are waiting to be adopted?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Pretty much.
Good.

Quote:
Exactly, which is why i didn't share it here. It isn't illegal, and the law say it isn't murder. By our current standards there is nothing wrong with it. The only people who has a problem are pro lifers... this isn't going the way in which I actually think btw.
Sometimes it isn't illegal, sometimes it is.

Quote:
If you understand your point, then the rest of that post does. Your analogy was bad. That was all I wanted to say.
I was pointing out that the idea of awareness was irrelevant. You agree.

Quote:
See above. This is just explaining why your analogy is bad. A person is far more complex than a zygote, in many ways.
I of course never said otherwise. I said personal awareness is irrelevant as to whether taking a life is right or wrong.

Quote:
It isn't killing, and honestly, tell me why.
Not sure what you are actually asking here.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 PM

148 posts, read 131,202 times
Quote:
Not sure what you are actually asking here.
What is a better solution than abortion?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
are you seriously denying that there are not over 100,000 children in foster care that are waiting to be adopted?
Sorry, not taking the bait. Anyone capable of reading is perfectly capable of reading what I said and understanding it.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What was I wrong about...sorry, I don't understand
You understand.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
What is a better solution than abortion?
Life. Worked for you? No?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
Sorry, not taking the bait. Anyone capable of reading is perfectly capable of reading what I said and understanding it.
you have skirted the links, not bothered to read them, then when directly asked you haven't answered. your posting are on awareness and murder not about the number of kids in foster care. seems you "not taking the bait" is you not wanting to admit to the facts on foster care kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies