Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:21 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This I'll say: since us dudes CAN'T get preggers; we really have no say IF a woman does get that way because it's on them dealing with having a baby or not.

Too; MOST women who do have abortions for "birth control" have no business being mothers IMHO so, it gets their kind out of the gene pool.
Packard you need to get with the times. ever hear a man say him and his wife are expecting? yes you can get "preggers" you might not be the one that gestates your baby but you still are responsible for it. a woman can't get pregnant alone. this is the kind of backward thinking that allows men to not take responsibility for his seed.

you have no idea what woman uses abortion for BC. a "bad mother" can be anyone even a woman/girl who has never had an abortion. stats say teenage mothers don't make the best.

you should get you head out of the 1940's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Sigh.

This is an indirect abortion. The intention is to treat the illness (say, a uterine cancer that requires a hysterectomy).

The surgery does not intend to abort the child, but does so as an unfortunate indirect consequence of the treatment directed at the cancer. It is morally permissible to pursue treatment if an abortion is not the desired or intended outcome in these limited cases.

This is the principle of double effect in Catholic ethics.

Scare tactic BS that the Catholic Church would have women die is just that; scare tactics.
Right.

Quote:
There are instances in which it is legitimate for an expectant mother to undergo certain medical or surgical procedures that will save her life, even if these procedures inevitably involve the death of her unborn child. In these cases it is not a question of intentionally aborting the child. They involve, rather, accepting the loss of the child as an unavoidable consequence of caring for the mother´s health.
Catholic.net - Abortion & the Mother´s Life

Abortion - Pro Life - Priests for Life Q&A on Abortion

Old 08-07-2015, 07:28 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TateFan333 View Post
Then you know what? There is such a thing known as adoption. An innocent baby should NEVER be tortured and killed. We are lucky our mother's didn't make that choice, in my opinon.
There are hundreds of thousands of kids already waiting to be adopted, some never are. And if my mom aborted me then how would I even know. But that should be her right even if it means I wouldn't be here.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Let's not go over the top. ""

But as I have pointed out repeatedly, abortions for these serious complications of pregnancy were not outlawed prior to Roe vs Wade.

(And the vast majority of mothers survive hydroencephaly in their infants as well.)
Again, I work in the medical field. I spent the better part of a day saving the life of a young mother who arrived from a catholic medical center that refused to terminate her pregnancy because there was a fetal heartbeat. This woman was bleeding to death from the part of the uterus that the placenta ripped away from. There was still enough placenta to maintain the fetus, at least until the mother died from DIC. This woman was about 22 weeks pregnant. The uterine blood vessels are right off the aorta and after the placenta disengages from the uterus, the uterus must contract down to stop the blood flow from open blood vessels (which cannot occur if the fetus prevents the uterus from contracting). We can replace blood to the mother but after so much bleeding, the blood fails to clot and the mother will bleed from everywhere and die (DIC). The only way to save one life is to terminate the pregnancy so that the uterus can contract and close off the the blood vessels that are literally right off the aorta.

I could go into other medical conditions of pregnancy that cause death of the mother as well.

BTW, what are your credentials that give you authority to make this statement?

Quote:
" Both mother and child can and often do survive eclampsia, as well as placental abruption and even sepsis."

Last edited by jojajn; 08-07-2015 at 07:41 PM..

Old 08-07-2015, 07:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
However, the stance of the Catholic church is that a pregnancy cannot be intentionally terminated just to save the life of the mother. The Catholic Church and Abortion - For Dummies

Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There are hundreds of thousands of kids already waiting to be adopted, some never are. And if my mom aborted me then how would I even know. But that should be her right even if it means I wouldn't be here.
We've covered this. No there isn't. If you want to make up some worldwide number its doesn't have anything to do with a life of mother exception.

Also....as far as you know, someone could shoot you in the back of the head and you would never know it also.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:54 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We've covered this. No there isn't. If you want to make up some worldwide number its doesn't have anything to do with a life of mother exception.

Also....as far as you know, someone could shoot you in the back of the head and you would never know it also.
What worldwide number. I was talking about the number of kids in the US that are waiting to be adopted. You can just google it or do I need to provide links for you.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:03 PM

148 posts, read 131,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Are you serious with the bolded? That is crazy logic.

1. What's in the womb isn't autonomous. It is dependent on its host to survive. The mother is negatively impacted by the zygote/ fetus and can't easily separate herself from the burden.

2. There are no laws declaring it to be human, and science hasn't determined it to be human untill a certain point either.

3. The zygote/ fetus being abortion has no negative impact on the livelihood of others, unlike a productive adult with children.

To compare the zygote/ fetus to a human being....tis a bad joke. They're entirely different thing.

Now about foster care...

Foster Care - Children's Rights

Now imagine flooding foster care with more children, overburdening the system. If you want to subject a child to a subpar life, then I seriously question why you consider yourself pro life.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
I don't think we can say what we would do if we were raped. I don't think we have any idea how we would feel. Thank God, I have never had to make a choice about whether or not to carry my rapist's child, but I am not going to say what I would do. I also don't have a young daughter who is pregnant, so I don't know how I would feel then either. It is easy to say one would do something when we are not actually faced with the choice.

As far as the life of the mother being in danger, I know a lady who was told if she carried her child to term it would kill her. She had a heart condition, and she had a medical abortion. She does not regret it and neither do her husband and other child.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am pro life, but i do allow for rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies