Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:59 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes we are discussing separate things but the point is extremism comes in many forms.
Yes, I am aware that extremism comes in many forms. This site mainly only concentrates on one of those forms so I am pointing out one other that is overlooked and more of a threat to us in this country. That does not mean I condone Muslim terrorist actions in Libya, NYC, Iraq, Paris etc. Get outa town...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 12:07 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yes, I am aware that extremism comes in many forms. This site mainly only concentrates on one of those forms so I am pointing out one other that is overlooked and more of a threat to us in this country. That does not mean I condone Muslim terrorist actions in Libya, NYC, Iraq, Paris etc. Get outa town...
It wasn't just Muslims committing the terrorists actions in Libya unless you are one of those who claim Obama is a Muslim.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
It wasn't just Muslims committing the terrorists actions in Libya unless you are one of those who claim Obama is a Muslim.
Pardon me??? I think you have me mixed up with one of the regular racist bigots that frequent this site. I think our lines are getting crossed here.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Pardon me??? I think you have me mixed up with one of the regular racist bigots that frequent this site. I think our lines are getting crossed here.
Terrorism comes in many forms.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Terrorism comes in many forms.
Yes, that has been established. Good day.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:49 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It has been oft said here on these pages that "Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim".

We are all aware of the former but smart money does not ignore the latter.
There is a need to identify your enemy rather than to become an apologist.

No. 'Smart money' does some reading into history rather than whipping out glib and fallacious slurs.

As another poster pointed out, Timothy McVeigh and his cohorts were not Muslim.

Neither was Anders Brevik. Hard to ignore that self-styled Knight Templar who slaughtered 70+ of his countrymen, most of them school kids.

Shining Path, Earth Liberation Front, Eric Rudolph, the Tamil Tigers...

Recent history is speckled with all sorts of terrorists, not just Muslim extremists.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:23 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not creating post after post on any threat. I'm simply pointing out that if one were to worry, then one should worry about right wing extremist Christians. Honestly, I don't think about it. I am responding to a post only. Not sure what Obama has to do with it beside the fact that electing a Black man to the White House increased the numbers of these extremist groups or the numbers in their rank.

There is lots of info out there. Here's a recent opinion piece that gives an overview. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op...reat.html?_r=0 Enjoy your Saturday.
That article says nothing about Christians; only anti-government far RW types, ala McVeigh (a self-proclaimed agnostic). Anti-government types motivations have zero to do with religion.

Like I said, B.S.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:26 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Bin Laden, Mullah Omar, al Alwaki...we have droned more terrorists under Obama than people died on 9/11. Will conservatives just admit they want to send thousands of troops to die again in that desert ****hole?
Nah, what they really want is to send thousands of other people to die again in desert ****holes while they bravely stroke keyboards from their La-Z-Boys.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, what they really want is to send thousands of other people to die again in desert ****holes while they bravely stroke keyboards from their La-Z-Boys.
We aren't still in Afghanistan and Iraq because of the conservatives.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The youth had enough of religious based violence and wars.
Religion is what has kept radical Islam from growing. It's not good for many to have had enough of religion one will win, always has. It's been proven through history, notice how pagans (non-believers of any religion) never gained ground. This is like an ISIS dream come true, Christians begin to ignore their surroundings, as radical Islam grows.

Christians have always known the stakes. "Freedom isn't Free" isn't just a military bragging quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
So Obama hasn't killed any terrorists since taking office? Not one?
Is he afraid to rid the world of thousands, one is nothing. Why did he stand as ISIS took parts of Iraq and ISIS gaining control of our equipment and ammo?

Want my guess: Iran deal......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies