U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2015, 08:26 AM
 
17,027 posts, read 9,507,776 times
Reputation: 5701

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Saying PP is paid for using public funds and saying none of it goes toward abortion is about the stupidest statement I've ever heard.

Kinda like when a will is probated and a family divides up the proceeds. It's divided up equally among the survivors - the ones that worked hard and made responsible choices in life get an equal share right along with those that leech from the whole family throughout life constantly borrowing, never paying back anything, getting bailed out of every situation they get themselves into by the Mom and Dad and other family members. The whole of the survivors 'pay' for it with a smaller share when the estate settles. And if one objects, they are castigated by all.

Roe v Wade was pushed through as a law predicated on a lie. Once that lie allowed a foot in the door, the door was kicked down - abortions are now birth control for the irresponsible in society. While the use of abortion for the reasons it was meant for, rape, health, etc., I have no problem with that, but the reasons it is practiced now is for the reason previously mentioned. And all one needs to do now is call it a 'right' to do with their own body. Newsflash, it takes two to make three and preventing the three is simple, usually free and responsible. It's not a 'right' no matter how one phrases it.

The current practice of 'distributing' body parts for research and getting 'reimbursed' for shipping and handling is just an outgrowth of the original lie. And it's disgusting to say the least. And when we call it out, we get castigated by those liars to justify their practice.



There ain't enough smileys here to show what many feel.


Spot on!

 
Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,958 posts, read 16,677,492 times
Reputation: 19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you really think baby dumping was common in 1950? Or 1900? Or 1850? Or 1800? And so on and so forth.

I would bet it was less common then than it is now. But it was politically beneficial to exploit the few instances which did happen to push for a "right to abortion". The argument is, if these women could have abortions, they wouldn't have abandoned their babies.

Today, if a woman does that, we just say she is mentally ill, and we largely dismiss it. Because there is nothing to be gained politically by talking about it.


The truth is, dumpster babies are a pretty recent phenomenon. Before the last 100 years, they would have been almost unheard of.
Only unheard of because no one talked about it and there was a lower risk of having it found out. Think about it - a young woman goes into more plentiful, remote wilderness than we have today and leaves her baby for the elements and wild animals. There was no support for single mothers and a whole lot of shame. I suspect dumped babies were MUCH more common than any of us can ever know, unfortunately. We know deaths from botched abortions, either using herbs or a "surgical" procedure, were not uncommon.

Both my great-grandmother and grandmother were single teen mothers in the 30s and 50s respectively. In my great grandmother's case, she was sent to a home for unwed mothers and had to fight mightily to keep her child from being stolen. She told my grandmother the stories of other young women in similar situations which, yes, involved hiding the pregnancy and dumping the body. It might be news to you, but certainly isn't news in general.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 09:23 AM
 
2,014 posts, read 1,246,524 times
Reputation: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Avoided the OP, believe the false PP allegations video, complains about left, you're not even trying to be somewhat reasonable answer the OP.
The truth is that you are not looking for an answer. You are just looking for an excuse to bash Republicans, as usual.

The real answer to your question is that people are responsible for their own actions and the results of those actions. The leftist meme is that you can do whatever you want and then deny responsibility and go into the victim mode. If people have children then those children are their responsibility, period.

You and the rest of your ilk have created this Chimera that somehow Republicans are responsible for the actions of irresponsible people. You try to impose silly little rules on the discussion so you can frame it just the way you want it. You try to camouflage it with emotion and breast beating and hand wringing and bed wetting but that's the basis of your argument. It's a blatantly false argument and only complete morons buy it. But it's all you've got when you are supporting baby butchering and dismembering.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 11:25 AM
 
148 posts, read 107,283 times
Reputation: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This is a stupid conversation. Abortion didn't always exist. And when it didn't exist, we had far fewer problems than we have today.


Abortion only became a necessity because liberals are good-intentioned morons, and because conservatives are greedy *******s.
What the hell are you talking about? Crime rates fell when abortion became legal, greatly.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._crime/_2.html
 
Old 08-09-2015, 11:59 AM
 
Location: NJ
16,792 posts, read 11,721,592 times
Reputation: 10788
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what people "should do" is far different than reality. can't hide your head in the sand.
Exact attitude that the feds have when they raise tax money to meet rising costs instead of addressing, slowing, halting rising costs. Just let it be and collect more tax money.

that is workable when the irresponsible are few and far between but when it becomes a double digit part of the population, other courses of action need to be considered.

By the same token, just provide funeral costs for innocent victims of gang murders and violence. What the gangs should do and what is reality are two different things.
We know restrictive gun laws have no impact on gang violence.

The solution to the problem of killing babies and supporting the survivors is not being addressed by throwing more tax money at their support. Throwing money at the problem is an admisssion that you don't really care about the future of these people, their children and the loss of their contribution to society. Money has become the 'plenary indulgence' where you pay money for sins you committed and sins you arre apt to commit in the future. That philosophy bought about the protestant reformation.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Alaska
6,343 posts, read 4,350,926 times
Reputation: 3760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They already are, it's called welfare unless you tuned in late.
I think a woman should be able to have an abortion. The catch is she also has to be sterlized at the same time. If your not responsible enough to take care of and raise a child you should never have one. Same concept with crime. You kill someone you are taken outside and shot. Eventually we will weed out the stupid gene..
 
Old 08-09-2015, 12:57 PM
 
66,199 posts, read 30,061,844 times
Reputation: 8581
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
When people can't have children are forced to have them...
You're already starting with a false premise. Exceptionally few people are "forced" to have unprotected sex. FAR too many are making the conscious decision to do so, despite the fact that it may result in an unwanted pregnancy.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:00 PM
 
519 posts, read 590,702 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I think a woman should be able to have an abortion. The catch is she also has to be sterlized at the same time. If your not responsible enough to take care of and raise a child you should never have one. Same concept with crime. You kill someone you are taken outside and shot. Eventually we will weed out the stupid gene..
Sure, let's sterilize a rape victim.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:45 PM
 
77,667 posts, read 33,106,128 times
Reputation: 15464
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
QE was a welfare program to preserve local, state, and federal public employees' and retirees' pensions.
We've covered this many times. You support welfare for yourself but dump all over others when they support welfare for others.

That's the classic, book definition of a hypocrite.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Status: "Not quite my tempo" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Bran's tree
10,911 posts, read 4,789,512 times
Reputation: 12293
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's because people aren't allowed to face the consequence of not doing what they should do.

If we are going to have welfare it should pay the same whether you have zero kids or a dozen. Then see how women are welfare are able to keep from getting pregnant.
Generally these are not the sorts of people who are researching welfare options beforehand and planning out their accidents accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top