Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 06:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
We seen the republican debate. Many of them take a pro life stance and want to see planned parenthood defunded, and by extension, abortion harder to obtain. We also know the right stance on the poor, from this very board to. To many see them as lazy, a burden, and not pulling their fair share. If the right gets there wish, then the problem here is transparent; how will we support these extra kids? It isn't a question of could we, but will we? You can't say tough luck, because you wanted these kids to be born. You have to pay for their healthcare, and well being. The foster care system will swell greatly and quickly to. Crime will likely rise as poorly raised kids will inevitably commit crime. Jobs will become more scarce as the children take up more of them. Homelessness will rise to. All of this will cost us hundreds of millions and most likely billions. This burden is something America can ill afford, but can with proper compromises, probably increased taxes or budget cuts. It will be a hard sell however, as many conservatives will be loathe to lend aid to welfare babies, or pay more taxes, or take cuts to programs they want. The solution to the influx of extra kids is something that isn't talked about by the GOP, but nonetheless needs to be.
Do you know how many anchor babies are born here? millions.. anchor babies are born here by illegal parents and those babies as long as they are born in the United States will be taken care of by the government.. that is why we have so many illegals coming here and having kids.. for the welfare perks and there are many.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no stawman at all.

North Dakota has no PP the nearest is So. Dakota in Sioux Falls. if you live in Williston ND your travel time is 9 hours.

if the GOP has it's way the trips between towns and clinics could be even longer.
Women and/ or parents with means will travel to a state where they can get an abortion, just as they did before Roe vs Wade. And by golly, some of them are conservatives.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Women and/ or parents with means will travel to a state where they can get an abortion, just as they did before Roe vs Wade. And by golly, some of them are conservatives.
I don't disagree but its irrelevant. I can see a possible scenario where if many things went bad and I was stuck trying to feed my kids and I didn't have a job that I might steal some food.

Just because I possibly could find myself doing something wrong doesn't mean I should support making stealing legal.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Do you know how many anchor babies are born here? millions.. anchor babies are born here by illegal parents and those babies as long as they are born in the United States will be taken care of by the government.. that is why we have so many illegals coming here and having kids.. for the welfare perks and there are many.
In 1982, SCOTUS struck down a Texas state law that enabled the state to charge $1000 tuition to parents of undocumented students. They said public schools must educate non- citizen children.

Immigrants have made creating an anchor baby a top priority for at least 100 years. It created a pathway to citizenship for the family and enabled the family to bring their extended family into the U.S.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Pay checks of those who bred when they couldn't afford should be garnished. Those with no jobs should not get free money but enough food to feed the child. Plus they should be forced to pay for their children or lose them.
It costs the state more to take and place children than it does to keep some semblance of family intact.
foster families are paid to take kids and in theory, are monitored by Social Services.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
All I can tell you is that our family has adopted two children born of unwed mothers who chose to give them life rather than abort them, and I am eternally grateful to those mothers.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All I can tell you is that our family has adopted two children born of unwed mothers who chose to give them life rather than abort them, and I am eternally grateful to those mothers.
it does indeed take a special woman to give her children up for adoption.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not defending the Republicans. I'm forwarding the argument that many care less about the plight of those not as fortunate as themselves.
In other words, you're deflecting from the conversation. If you are anti-choice, anti-birth control and what not, you better come prepared to support the children and adults that come out of these choices you push on the society.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:47 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Irrelevant.
No, it's not. QE wouldn't have been needed if the greedy public employees/retirees had agreed to give up their pensions, therefore letting the stock market adjust naturally to where it should be. Stocks are overvalued now because of the successive QEs.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Absolutely, women and progressive libs who claim women exclusively own all rights to their vagina and everything and anything in it or from it, should be exclusively responsible for its and their results. Pay entirely for your own abortions and your own children since it's all from your exclusive 'property'. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
Valid point that a person seeking abortion, should pay for it. On the same note, a person being forced to bear child should be provided additional assistance, for as long as it takes to preserve that "life". Don't go whining and crying about Medicaid and public welfare later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies