Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 PM

148 posts, read 132,110 times

Advertisements

We seen the republican debate. Many of them take a pro life stance and want to see planned parenthood defunded, and by extension, abortion harder to obtain. We also know the right stance on the poor, from this very board to. To many see them as lazy, a burden, and not pulling their fair share. If the right gets there wish, then the problem here is transparent; how will we support these extra kids? It isn't a question of could we, but will we? You can't say tough luck, because you wanted these kids to be born. You have to pay for their healthcare, and well being. The foster care system will swell greatly and quickly to. Crime will likely rise as poorly raised kids will inevitably commit crime. Jobs will become more scarce as the children take up more of them. Homelessness will rise to. All of this will cost us hundreds of millions and most likely billions. This burden is something America can ill afford, but can with proper compromises, probably increased taxes or budget cuts. It will be a hard sell however, as many conservatives will be loathe to lend aid to welfare babies, or pay more taxes, or take cuts to programs they want. The solution to the influx of extra kids is something that isn't talked about by the GOP, but nonetheless needs to be.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
They already are, it's called welfare unless you tuned in late.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
The answer is short and sweet. NO People who are too weak or poor to care for their kids shouldn't have had them in the first place.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The answer is short and sweet. NO People who are too weak or poor to care for their kids shouldn't have had them in the first place.
what people "should do" is far different than reality. can't hide your head in the sand.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They already are, it's called welfare unless you tuned in late.
They're trying to limit welfare, not expand it, unless you haven't tune in late. I'm willing to bet you haven't, as your name seem to go against your message. I thought you would want less taxes, not more?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
So, the kids should just make the country worse and overstrain our limited resources?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I support Universal Health Care. I support ending the stupid useless wasteful wars and using that money on people here. Mental illnesses and addictions included. (Two of the biggest contributors to messed up families).

I support the decriminalization of at least some drugs. This might help to keep parents out of prison for wanting t relax after a stressful day.

Good enough or want me to continue?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support Universal Health Care. I support ending the stupid useless wasteful wars and using that money on people here. Mental illnesses and addictions included. (Two of the biggest contributors to messed up families).

I support the decriminalization of at least some drugs. This might help to keep parents out of prison for wanting t relax after a stressful day.

Good enough or want me to continue?
Good enough. Your heart in the right place, as you're willing to make the commitment. However, one person can't do it alone, and other people in this thread certainly don't share your enthusiasm to support the kids.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Good enough. Your heart in the right place, as you're willing to make the commitment. However, one person can't do it alone, and other people in this thread certainly don't share your enthusiasm to support the kids.
Seems I'm the minority in many discussions. Yes far too many are too interested in killing our kids in stupid wars as opposed to protecting them.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what people "should do" is far different than reality. can't hide your head in the sand.
That's because people aren't allowed to face the consequence of not doing what they should do.

If we are going to have welfare it should pay the same whether you have zero kids or a dozen. Then see how women are welfare are able to keep from getting pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies