Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:03 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well it fuched up health care for a lot of people who had good health care before Obamacare sux including my daughter and son in law and my wife and I and our son all got royally screwed by it. I'm thinking of quitting work to become a professional freeloader...better lifestyle at someone's else's expense.
I remember you talking about that, repeatedly, in another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 09:19 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's why WE passed Obamacare -- because everyone is entitled (yes, ENTITLED) to decent health care in the most blessed nation in the world.
There it is!

Old 08-08-2015, 09:22 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
What the f- is men's health? I know there is a magazine for it.

Mick

Old 08-08-2015, 11:43 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I do find it interesting that there is so much focus and awareness on women's health, breast cancer awareness, and really any issue affecting women with silence regarding men's health issues even though women outlive men by over 5 years per person. It's a form of extreme prejudice in my mind.

That women need greater care during reproduction because they are creating babies and the next generation, I fully support as necessary but beyond that, the continuous focus on women when men actually have greater health issues is where I find the prejudice in our society.
Thank you so much for being reasonable and lending some support to what I'm trying to say! This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying men are more complex, I'm saying why is there a 5 year gap? Why aren't there special prostate and testicular cancer screenings and public health initiatives?

Women's health is at such a complexity that they probably deserve about $5 for every $1 men get for their gender-unique issues. They probably get $20 to every $1.

Thank you so much.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:28 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why aren't there special prostate and testicular cancer screenings and public health initiatives?

You mean like the one's run by the CDC, and the American Cancer Society?

Prostate cancer activists launch 'the finger' campaign to stem decline in testing - philly-archives

Prostate Campaign - CBS Cares - CBS.com

MR/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy

Seems that the problem with mens health is that some men are just too bloody lazy to read the paper, watch the news or do a simple Google search!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Unfortunately health care is political. So on to my question...do liberals support men's health care or not?

Last time I looked the ACA wasn't gender specific, eh?

How about conservatives?

What have they done other than make lame attempts at repealing ACA 50+ times, a fine example of Einstein's definition of insanity.

Do they give a rat's patootie about anyone's health other than that of in utero fetuses?

Old 08-08-2015, 01:20 PM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would like to think that anyone's health isn't political, but obviously not.

Your not one of those nutjobs who thinks the Gvts main job is to protect the citizens and leave the rest to the person and state. I mean come on....

Oh hey nat just realized it was you

Old 08-08-2015, 01:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Your not one of those nutjobs who thinks the Gvts main job is to protect the citizens and leave the rest to the person and state. I mean come on....

Oh hey nat just realized it was you
You mean those who continually make MORE MILITARY SPENDING! a party plank despite the already bloated nature of the defense budget?

Old 08-08-2015, 01:22 PM

884 posts, read 716,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You mean like the one's run by the CDC, and the American Cancer Society?

Prostate cancer activists launch 'the finger' campaign to stem decline in testing - philly-archives

Prostate Campaign - CBS Cares - CBS.com

MR/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy

Seems that the problem with mens health is that some men are just too bloody lazy to read the paper, watch the news or do a simple Google search!

Its been my experience in 30 years of health care that yep, we men are to tough, don't need no doctor, aint have the gonna happen to me attitude...

Old 08-08-2015, 03:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Liberals are obsessed with women's health. I was curious if they cared about the health of males at all, or if they maybe supported government funding toward assisting underprivileged males with their health-care needs.

It wouldn't shock me if liberals don't care about health care for poor males since they aren't a reliable voting bloc, but I figured I'd ask.
Of course. Do you see an area where men's health is being neglected? If I had to pick one, I'd say maybe testicular cancer awareness. There's a prostate cancer awareness movement, but it doesn't get the traction that breast cancer does. Probably because it's far less deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies