Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,418,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyStoner View Post

Anyone else noticing this?
No. Nobody would if the loser spent all day in the basement.

Who's down there? Nobody...

[]

Old 08-10-2015, 10:37 PM

907 posts, read 708,615 times
Men dropping out leads to war..you realize

Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 PM

283 posts, read 326,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Now that women are in almost every field except the brawn over brain ones, men can't compete. It happens years earler. They are immature compared to girls and the girls do better in school, get the grades, get the scholarships and get the jobs. Boys are left to mop the floors. We might consider starting boys in school a few years after girls to adjust for the maturity gap, or be more willing to hold them back when they fall behind.
Uhhh no

Women refuse to go into fields that require excessive math/science. You crowd the easier fields and as a result, many men have been shoehorned into fields like Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, etcetera because Kaitlyn and Jenna crowded the job market and get hired via Affirmative Action (white women are the biggest beneficiary of AA) so this leads to men being forced into professions that their heart isn't into

Women have been solely responsible for the denigration of our society. From the job world to the dating world to pop culture and Men are SICK OF IT. We will go the way of the Japanese eventually.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:05 PM

11,140 posts, read 7,882,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Most of the new jobs gotten this month were in the 55 and over crowd.
They don't seem to have a problem finding jobs.
Got to admit it..the boomers aren't slackers and employers know that.

I am pretty sure that 55 and over crowd has/ had their share of slackers too.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,033,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Uhhh no

Women refuse to go into fields that require excessive math/science. You crowd the easier fields and as a result, many men have been shoehorned into fields like Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, etcetera because Kaitlyn and Jenna crowded the job market and get hired via Affirmative Action (white women are the biggest beneficiary of AA) so this leads to men being forced into professions that their heart isn't into

Women have been solely responsible for the denigration of our society. From the job world to the dating world to pop culture and Men are SICK OF IT. We will go the way of the Japanese eventually.
And it's unfortunate that society will never hold them accountable.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:14 AM

605 posts, read 488,827 times
I'll rejoin when society gives me a reason to rejoin. In the meantime I'll keep self-educating, running, biking, drinking, and probably 'being a slacker' in the eyes of society.

Great posts by victorianpunk ITT by the way.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:52 AM

162 posts, read 348,225 times
Maybe because women have been saying "We don't need no man or his money", and men listened?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:55 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,955,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
How is that 'dropping out of society?' I like video games. Not much of a sports fan, but I enjoy other things that aren't really 'necessary.' As for a job, mediocrity is somewhat subjective. Some people do jobs to pay the bills and to have extra cash flow so they can spend it on things they enjoy, like video games or cable so they can watch sports. Some people do jobs because they're good at them. A job may seem mundane but if they do it well, why not? Some do jobs because they care. Some of those jobs may not be too glamorous.

Some people do get stuck in dead end jobs they hate, which is unfortunate, but people need to understand that they can quit a job and find a new one whenever they want. Yeah, quitting is a risk, but if you want to change your current circumstance, you have to take risks. That's how everything works. Diving into the uncertain isn't meant to be a cake walk.

Regardless, that's not dropping out of society at all. Dropping out would be giving up on employment all together.

I agree 100%. Keep in mind we are dealing with an older generation, for whom a successful artists who plays video games and invest his money wisely is seen as a being "childish" because he does not want the "Ozzy and Harriet" thing with the suit, picket fence, fat wife, and 3.5 kids.

A successful, world-renowned tattoo artist with no kids, wife and doesn't care about dating is less of an "adult" to them than a struggling house painter with a wife and four brats.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Now that women are in almost every field except the brawn over brain ones, men can't compete. It happens years earler. They are immature compared to girls and the girls do better in school, get the grades, get the scholarships and get the jobs. Boys are left to mop the floors. We might consider starting boys in school a few years after girls to adjust for the maturity gap, or be more willing to hold them back when they fall behind.

What?!

Hate to break it to you, but my life and the life of many other men has NOTHING TO DO WITH WOMEN. I hate to explode and massive feminine egos, but that is exactly the case. This is not about women, but about men.

The happy truth is, men of my generation are tired of being told by society that we have to be the "knight in shining armor" or "the king of the castle" and many would rather be the "wandering monk" or "the tavern bard" so to speak.

I have a good job and could work in the corporate world, but I've seen FAR TOO MANY "family men" that look like they've had their souls sucked out of them by the Dementors from Harry Potter. I would rather not trade in my freedom for someone else's expectations.

I am also MGTOW, or "men going their own way". I lost my virginity at a VERY late age (closer to thirty than 20) and I have to say, sorry ladies, but sex is actually very overrated. As are relationships. I don't see why I have to spend so much effort attracting a mate when I could use said effort to do something I like, like pursuing a writing hobby/maybe-career-some-day, travel, etc.

This is not about women and men's relationships changing because of women, but is in fact men's relationship with society as a whole changing. We are telling not only women but also the older men that the path they have chosen for us is not necessarily what we want and may not be the best for all of us. We are men becoming liberated from the shackles of societal norms. No longer are we following the will of tired traditions, but we are now following OUR OWN WILL.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
This might be the saddest thing I have ever read.
What? Saying "as long as you are not a burden to society or your family, go ahead, live your life" is "sad"? Really?

So what, should EVERY SINGLE MAN get married and have kids? Do you have any idea how many children today are abused and/or neglected by fathers who should never have been fathers? What if they all just focused on cultivating themselves instead of finding a woman to knock-up?

It is no wonder the old way of thinking is dying more and more everyday. Just as being at home with the kids is now an OPTION for women but not a mandate, and women are better off for it, being career driven and all about "landing a good wife" and living the "Norman Rockwell" life is now OPTIONAL for men, and men are better for it.

Men's liberation has finally arrived. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies