U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:16 PM

9,832 posts, read 5,858,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Because he was getting away and they can't have that.
You know this, or is this your conclusion? Have you read the autopsy report? I didn't know it was out yet. Did you already read the investigators report. Here all this time I thought it was still under investigation. I'm no fan of the police, but they have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty too. They have no lesser rights than you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,060,033 times
911 audio with commentary.
https://youtu.be/PeP-x-InzE4

"I just saw a guy in the building with a hat on..." 2 seconds later... "shots fired!".
Still unclear but his jeep have have broken the window after the shots fired.
The surveillance company video (that they were describing real time to the cops) should clear up some issues. Still too early to "take sides".

Old 08-08-2015, 11:23 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,032,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't hold your breath on the riots. Not in Texas. Homie don't play dat around here.
Hood rats ain't real smart. Like you all but said: Texans of ANY race don't play well with fools.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It sounds like some of you believe that riots are as frequent as a cop shooting a black person.

Always be wary of what you sow, because you may reap that someday. Its not just a police vs black issue, every time. It is bound to be police vs person of any color (or those who consider self to be lacking any color). It is time to promote sanity, within the populace and between law enforcement and the populace.

Otherwise, things can get out of hands pretty quickly... especially in a state like Texas where guns and craziness thrive.
Just DON'T riot and; things will be Ok.

Any more: better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, especially after that Memphis cop being murdered by a hood rat.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Because he was getting away and they can't have that.
NO reason to let a perp "get away". I live here in Bullhead City and, the local popos don't seem to have the balls to take in PWT tweakers.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:39 PM

79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Listening to the video that was posted its far from clear that he was doing anything wrong. The person presenting the video probably has a bit of a bias but there is a lot of conflicting info here.

Did he break in or was someone freaking simply because some black kid was doing what many of us have done many times. Checking out a car after hours.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:46 PM

684 posts, read 619,539 times
Was this kid a thug? A drug dealer? From the hood? Or was he a non-typical Obama son? A gifted athlete who made good grades and went to college.

I highly doubt the hood is going to riot for someone who's not from the hood.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:04 AM

998 posts, read 547,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Kids screw up.. It's their nature. I don't know why this kid ran his car into a dealership and chances are none of us will ever know. There will be an investigation and if the officer is found guilty of any misconduct, he will be dealt with appropriately. I don't know what actually happened and neither do any of you. Let's let cooler heads prevail and see what the investigation uncovers. I can tell you that in Texas, rioting will not be tolerated. Demonstrate legally and peacefully all you want.
Yes, who amongst us has not driven their car through the window of a car dealership and then got into altercations with the responding police officers? Once I read that, I really stopped caring about this 19 year old "kid". Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Good riddance.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:09 AM
miu

17,164 posts, read 34,685,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Listening to the video that was posted its far from clear that he was doing anything wrong. The person presenting the video probably has a bit of a bias but there is a lot of conflicting info here.

Did he break in or was someone freaking simply because some black kid was doing what many of us have done many times. Checking out a car after hours.
Ummm.... no. It's one thing to look around a car dealership parking lot after business hours, but not to break car windshields or crash a car into the dealership showroom. Also, who looks at cars innocently at 1 am? Anyway, what Taylor did at that dealership is like nothing at all that I've ever done (and I LOVE cars) or any of my friends or family members.

The timeline of events from this news article here: Video shows teen jumping on car before police arrived And there's also a video of Taylor causing damage at the dealership. Maybe he was high on drugs. since in September of 2013, during a traffic stop he was charged with possessing 11 hydrocodone tablets that weren't prescribed to him.

At 12:52 a.m. CT Friday, the video shows Taylor pulling up to the locked gate of the dealership in a gray sport-utility vehicle. Taylor, who is wearing sunglasses, got out of the vehicle, climbed over the gate and sat on top of it before walking onto the car lot.

He walked up to a red SUV and tried the door. Then he was seen running and walking through the lot.

At 1:02 a.m., he walked up to a silver truck and tried to open that door.

Afterward, he walked over to a silver Mustang. He tried to break the driver's-side door with his fist but didn't succeed.

Taylor climbed on top of the car. He stomped on the windshield then kicked it in.

The teen pulled out a portion of the glass, appearing to cut his hand.

By now, the monitoring company had called police and loudspeakers at the car lot were blaring, "Warning, warning."

Taylor continued to jump on the windshield. He sat on top of the car's hood, then jumped on the hood and windshield.

At 1:07 a.m., he pulled up the windshield, yanked out the Mustang's rear-view mirror and tossed it aside. He climbed backward through the broken window and got in the car, staying briefly before getting out and walking away

At 1:11 a.m., Taylor walked back to his SUV.

At 1:13 a.m., Taylor drove through the locked gate and crashed into the front of the showroom.

At 1:16 a.m., Arlington police arrived. The first officer walked up and other officers followed.

What happened inside wasn't visible to the cameras. But an altercation of some kind ensued and Miller shot Taylor, according to police.

At 1:30 a.m., an ambulance pulled up in front of the dealership.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:17 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,756,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Yes, who amongst us has not driven their car through the window of a car dealership and then got into altercations with the responding police officers? Once I read that, I really stopped caring about this 19 year old "kid". Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Good riddance.
I've seen no indications of an altercation. It's debateable based on the Info available when his car went through the window. Before or after he was shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or