U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 12:23 AM

78,225 posts, read 33,343,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm.... no. It's one thing to look around a car dealership parking lot after business hours, but not to break car windshields or crash a car into the dealership showroom. Also, who looks at cars innocently at 1 am? Anyway, what Taylor did at that dealership is like nothing at all that I've ever done (and I LOVE cars) or any of my friends or family members.

The timeline of events from this news article here: Video shows teen jumping on car before police arrived And there's also a video of Taylor causing damage at the dealership. Maybe he was high on drugs. since in September of 2013, during a traffic stop he was charged with possessing 11 hydrocodone tablets that weren't prescribed to him.

At 12:52 a.m. CT Friday, the video shows Taylor pulling up to the locked gate of the dealership in a gray sport-utility vehicle. Taylor, who is wearing sunglasses, got out of the vehicle, climbed over the gate and sat on top of it before walking onto the car lot.

He walked up to a red SUV and tried the door. Then he was seen running and walking through the lot.

At 1:02 a.m., he walked up to a silver truck and tried to open that door.

Afterward, he walked over to a silver Mustang. He tried to break the driver's-side door with his fist but didn't succeed.

Taylor climbed on top of the car. He stomped on the windshield then kicked it in.

The teen pulled out a portion of the glass, appearing to cut his hand.

By now, the monitoring company had called police and loudspeakers at the car lot were blaring, "Warning, warning."

Taylor continued to jump on the windshield. He sat on top of the car's hood, then jumped on the hood and windshield.

At 1:07 a.m., he pulled up the windshield, yanked out the Mustang's rear-view mirror and tossed it aside. He climbed backward through the broken window and got in the car, staying briefly before getting out and walking away

At 1:11 a.m., Taylor walked back to his SUV.

At 1:13 a.m., Taylor drove through the locked gate and crashed into the front of the showroom.

At 1:16 a.m., Arlington police arrived. The first officer walked up and other officers followed.

What happened inside wasn't visible to the cameras. But an altercation of some kind ensued and Miller shot Taylor, according to police.

At 1:30 a.m., an ambulance pulled up in front of the dealership.
Odd. The other link has the call from the officers who responded and they clearly note that there was not a crashed gate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 01:28 AM

11,946 posts, read 5,675,225 times
The premise is that Arlington, TX will be the next scene for the rioters ...... that's very doubtful. I guess the Professional Agitators will flock to Arlington and try to get something going, but they can't bring enough of them to actually do it. I doubt there is any street in the entire city of Arlington that is all Black, although there is about a 17% (above the National average) of Blacks in Arlington. You won't see marches down Main Street or any other street. If the Professional Agitators try to shut down a Freeway - they will get a rude awakening. Speed limits are 75 mph in from of that dealership and it's an 8 lane freeway.

Same song and we can't even remember how many verses. They are ALL the same.
Black man does a crime. Black man refuses to follow the orders of the police. Gunfire occurs and we have another dead body. Drug use will show up in the Autopsy. A previous drug arrest and a Judge that let him go with no punishment at all. This is almost the same story in all these "un-armed" deaths.

This kid would be alive if he hadn't gone through the gate and broken into a car and vandalized it.
This kid would be alive if he hadn't driven his car through the Gate and then through the Window of the Dealership ..... and vandalized more cars. This kid would be alive IF he had followed the police instructions to get on the ground.

These guys need to work out that just because you don't have a weapon in the commission of a crime, doesn't mean that you get a free pass to do whatever you want. If the dealership owner had been there at 1:00am on guard duty ...... he would have shot this guy. Alarms are going off - the Police are issuing orders - odds are great that you get shot in this type of thing.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:39 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd. The other link has the call from the officers who responded and they clearly note that there was not a crashed gate.
Tell me, how many car lots have you been to that you can run through the showroom window, without crashing a gate first in order to get to it?

Old 08-09-2015, 01:41 AM

78,225 posts, read 33,343,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Tell me, how many car lots have you been to that you can run through the showroom window, without crashing a gate first in order to get to it?
The recording from the officers arriving on scene states that there isn't a crashed gate. That's all I know. Maybe he was at another entrance. I don't know.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:47 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,834,015 times
Quote:
The recording from the officers arriving on scene states that there isn't a crashed gate. That's all I know. Maybe he was at another entrance. I don't know.
That's just it. No sense in making any suggestion of anything until we get more facts and they will come out.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:12 AM

44,483 posts, read 35,950,842 times
Quote:
We need more info but initially I have to ask myself why the cop shot him. He was unarmed. From what we know he wasn't a threat to the officer.
You're right that we need more info, but what we do know now is that his behavior was violent. We know the police reported a struggle between the man and the police officer inside the building. We know that a weapon can be just about anything, from a fist to a car to a letter opener. We know that it is legal for a police officer to shoot someone if they feel their life is in danger. We know this man was acting very strangely and destructively.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 08-09-2015 at 05:27 AM..

Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 AM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,558,425 times
Well his dad has been interviewed. At least he doesn't take the stance that his son was some perfect angel. Anyway, it just doesn't make sure to hang around when the PA system is blaring a message from the security camera staff that the police have been notified and are on their way. He just keeps being destructive. Maybe he had a death wish that night.

Quote:
"You know, it could have been too much drinking, he could have been wrong place at the wrong time, he could have gotten something and he didn't know what he was getting," Adrian Taylor said.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I am pretty sure there are multiple gates at this dealership. The surveillance video clearly shows the guy pushing through a gate in his vehicle before he drives it through the windows of the showroom.

We know his behavior was violent and destructive - we've already got that on video as well. It looks to me like he was on some sort of drug - either that or he's ape ____ crazy. Either way, it's very believable to me, based on his erratic, bizarre, violent behavior already on video, that he CONTINUED to behave violently and bizarrely when confronted by the police.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 AM

His brother says this:

Quote:
“But I don’t want this to be a black-and-white thing. I don’t want this to be a race thing. I want mothers and dads to teach their children how to behave around police. Police have a lot of power and they are taking advantage of it,” said Adrian Taylor, 27. “I want them to teach their children to not try to be tough and talk smart.

“It’s easy for the police to get out of trouble situations. The police write it off and get put on paid administrative leave. Other people don’t get to push restart. They are just gone.”

Read more here: Arlington officer fired 4 shots during deadly altercation | The Star Telegram
As for the people of Arlington:

Quote:
At a candlelight vigil attended by about 200 people Saturday night, the emphasis was on appreciating the fragility of life, making sure Taylor’s death was not in vain and letting the police investigation play out.

Read more here: Arlington officer fired 4 shots during deadly altercation | The Star Telegram
You won't see rioting in Arlington -at least not by the people who actually live there.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:48 AM

51 posts, read 32,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
No. He was promising athlete and an honor student who was on his way to church when he decided to stop by the dealership to apply for a job. Then a white supremasist who was driving a truck with confederate flags and yelling racial slurs rammed into him forcing his vehicle through the front of the building. That's when a trigger-happy aryan brotherhood cop, also yelling racial slurs, ran up and started shooting him in the back while he had his hands up.

Sounds to melodramatic to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or