U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 06:14 AM

5,634 posts, read 6,108,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Like Michael Brown said "hands up, don't shoot"? Like that?
Please quote the full context of my post and respond according. My post was in response to an accusation of Al Sharpton. Al Sharpton did not say what the posters said that he is said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 06:27 AM

10,822 posts, read 4,045,864 times
Pants up, don't loot!

Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 AM

11,218 posts, read 6,533,471 times
It sounds like he was on something. Tasers do not always work on people hopped up on drugs like that. Hopefully a video comes out.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:41 AM

5,030 posts, read 1,814,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I think we have a duty to protest police killing our citizens like that.

On the other hand, a cop went to work one day, made a mistake. Maybe we should arm cops with a good tazor.
Not sure what point you were making here, it is not clear to me.

In the America I once knew, police did not have the right to be the judge, jury and executioner of the streets.

That America is long gone. After decades of desensitization to violence through media, the sheeple now believe that just as all guns are good, all shooting deaths at the hands of police are justified. John Wayne, Rambo, Dirty Harry, John McClane - they all "taught" us that violence and death at the hands of authority deserves our admiration; nay, our adulation. It is a testament to the power of propaganda.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:37 AM

20,611 posts, read 13,027,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The premise is that Arlington, TX will be the next scene for the rioters ...... that's very doubtful. I guess the Professional Agitators will flock to Arlington and try to get something going, but they can't bring enough of them to actually do it. I doubt there is any street in the entire city of Arlington that is all Black, although there is about a 17% (above the National average) of Blacks in Arlington. You won't see marches down Main Street or any other street. If the Professional Agitators try to shut down a Freeway - they will get a rude awakening. Speed limits are 75 mph in from of that dealership and it's an 8 lane freeway.

Same song and we can't even remember how many verses. They are ALL the same.
Black man does a crime. Black man refuses to follow the orders of the police. Gunfire occurs and we have another dead body. Drug use will show up in the Autopsy. A previous drug arrest and a Judge that let him go with no punishment at all. This is almost the same story in all these "un-armed" deaths.

This kid would be alive if he hadn't gone through the gate and broken into a car and vandalized it.
This kid would be alive if he hadn't driven his car through the Gate and then through the Window of the Dealership ..... and vandalized more cars. This kid would be alive IF he had followed the police instructions to get on the ground.

These guys need to work out that just because you don't have a weapon in the commission of a crime, doesn't mean that you get a free pass to do whatever you want. If the dealership owner had been there at 1:00am on guard duty ...... he would have shot this guy. Alarms are going off - the Police are issuing orders - odds are great that you get shot in this type of thing.
You're wrong about 1 thing: this dude was a man, not a "kid".

Old 08-09-2015, 08:41 AM

684 posts, read 619,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You're wrong about 1 thing: this dude was a man, not a "kid".
A lot of "kids" have grown men bodies. Ever watch the NBA?

Old 08-09-2015, 09:52 AM

12,050 posts, read 5,727,332 times
I called him a "man", a "kid" and a "guy" ........ I should have just called him "stupid".
All terms fit.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:54 AM

17,028 posts, read 9,568,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I can hear the Sharpton speech now.....

He was shot while shopping for a new car....his old car had been wrecked. A fine upstanding college student shouldn't die for just shopping for a car.

That would be classic Sharpton.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:12 AM
miu

17,159 posts, read 34,676,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not sure what point you were making here, it is not clear to me.

In the America I once knew, police did not have the right to be the judge, jury and executioner of the streets.

That America is long gone. After decades of desensitization to violence through media, the sheeple now believe that just as all guns are good, all shooting deaths at the hands of police are justified. John Wayne, Rambo, Dirty Harry, John McClane - they all "taught" us that violence and death at the hands of authority deserves our admiration; nay, our adulation. It is a testament to the power of propaganda.
Maybe if the criminals weren't so well armed and so quick to either resist arrest and/or try to kill the police, the police wouldn't be so on the self-defensive. The criminals of yesteryear are gone. Today's cops can't be like Sheriff Taylor of Mayberry RFD only having to deal with the town drunk getting locked up for the night. Our inner cities like Baltimore are like war zones. Our cops today aren't paid enough to be putting their lives on the line like that every day.

If you think that you can be a better cop, then you go do it and show us how it's supposed to be done. But the fact of the matter is, most people would never ever want to be a police person. And that especially goes for the residents of the ghetto neighborhoods. Any "mistakes" that the cops make there are mostly due to culture clashes (police vs residents), a lack of support from the residents (the no-snitch policy) and PTSD from having to work in such a hostile environment day in and day out.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:19 AM

361 posts, read 251,116 times
African Americans more than other races for whatever reason engage in several types of irrational behavior.

Here in Cedar Rapids, there is a part of town where it is mostly African American and low income, one thing I notice is the amount of people that just walk in the middle of the street, I don't think a person could be that stupid not to know that walking in the middle of street is dangerous.

Another type of behavior I have seen in the same area is people who just cross in front of traffic and refuse to use the crosswalk. Really hard to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or