U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:32 AM

32,073 posts, read 36,725,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Yes, who amongst us has not driven their car through the window of a car dealership and then got into altercations with the responding police officers? Once I read that, I really stopped caring about this 19 year old "kid". Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. Good riddance.
Give the guy a break. He thought it was one of those 24 hour quick oil change stores.

Thankfully he could play football but no one said he was real smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 AM

32,073 posts, read 36,725,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
A lot of "kids" have grown men bodies. Ever watch the NBA?
He was a college football player at Angelo State. Certainly had the power or strength to do some damage if he assaulted someone.

I'd bet he assaulted the Cop who tasered him and was shot by the partner. We shall find out.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:26 AM

17,028 posts, read 9,572,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It sounds like some of you believe that riots are as frequent as a cop shooting a black person.

Always be wary of what you sow, because you may reap that someday. Its not just a police vs black issue, every time. It is bound to be police vs person of any color (or those who consider self to be lacking any color). It is time to promote sanity, within the populace and between law enforcement and the populace.

Otherwise, things can get out of hands pretty quickly... especially in a state like Texas where guns and craziness thrive.

Yes, this could happen to anyone that damaged a vehicle, drove through the front of a business, then entered it illegally of ANY color, ethnicity, sexuality/gender preference, or even ancestral background.

Sounds like craziness was found thriving at the Dealership.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:42 PM

5,254 posts, read 3,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A white officer shoots black "student" burglar at a car dealership. And only days away from the anniversary of the Michael Brown shooting.

It might be a good time for businesses to step up their insurance policies.

FBI TO ASSIST IN PROBE OF TEXAS FOOTBALL PLAYER'S DEATH
Time for the new flat screens.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:47 PM

79,555 posts, read 33,768,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You're right that we need more info, but what we do know now is that his behavior was violent. We know the police reported a struggle between the man and the police officer inside the building. We know that a weapon can be just about anything, from a fist to a car to a letter opener. We know that it is legal for a police officer to shoot someone if they feel their life is in danger. We know this man was acting very strangely and destructively.
I'm not saying it's not out there but I have as of yet read about any struggle. I see there are more replies and I'll read further.

{edit} I've read the replies. I've still not seen it.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:19 PM

45,148 posts, read 36,338,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not saying it's not out there but I have as of yet read about any struggle. I see there are more replies and I'll read further.

{edit} I've read the replies. I've still not seen it.
Happy to help. Just Google "Christian Taylor struggle."

Quote:
Officers were responding to a burglary call about 1 a.m. Friday in Arlington when they discovered someone had driven a vehicle through a front window of the Classic Buick GMC, according to a statement from the Arlington Police Department. The statement said police approached the suspect and a struggle ensued. At some point during the struggle, an officer shot Taylor.
Christian Taylor, Unarmed 19-Year-Old, Shot And Killed By Police

Quote:
A struggle ensued in which Taylor, who was unarmed, was shot by police officer Brad Miller.
Unarmed Angelo State Football Player Killed in Struggle With Police

Quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- A police officer in suburban Dallas shot and killed a college football player during a struggle after the unarmed 19-year-old crashed a car through the front window of a car dealership, authorities said Friday.
Unarmed Angelo State football player killed in struggle with police officer

Quote:
The only thing police have said so far is that there was a struggle between the officers and Taylor,
Rookie Texas cop kills unarmed college football player.

Quote:
The Arlington police statement said officers approached the suspect and a struggle ensued. At some point during the struggle, Miller shot Taylor.
Texas officer who killed unarmed college athlete never shot gun before | US news | The Guardian

There are about a gazillion more articles with this description but you get my drift.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:24 PM

No riots yet in Arlington?

Nope.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:24 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,060,033 times
All those 'struggle' links go back to the same source - a police statement that a struggle occurred.
Of course the officer has not been interviewed yet because department policy is that he must get two sleep cycles before he can be questioned.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:26 PM

79,555 posts, read 33,768,450 times
Sorry, you were talking about a video. The officer in Cincinnati said something happened that the video showed wasn't true. I'm not interested in the description. I'm interested in the video. I've heard, "the video shows this, the video shows that" as of yet I've not found the video.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
All those 'struggle' links go back to the same source - a police statement that a struggle occurred. Of course the officer has not been interviewed yet because department policy is that he must get two sleep cycles before he can be questioned.
Of course they all go back to the police statement. That beats the heck out of armchair conjecture by a bunch of people who weren't there.

There will be an investigation and an autopsy. Meanwhile, what we do know is that the young man was being violent and acting bizarrely, and was in the midst of committing a felony when he was confronted by police officers. Sounds like risky behavior to me.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 08-09-2015 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or