Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:28 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Aren't we talking about abortion?

Are you saying that these babies will pop out as teenagers?
You were talking about people adopting infants. I just responded to your post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 11:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Where do people come up with this narrative?

There is a long line of people wanting to adopt infants.

I don't know why some people think killing is a better alternative than adoption. And even worse, they want other people to pay for it.

If you want to kill an unborn baby, you can since it's legal. But why do you think people who don't want to kill these babies should have to help fund the institutions that do it?
The one line in bold destroys your entire argument, but further more, you do not fund the abortions that planned parenthood provides.

If you are truly arguing that your tax dollars should not go to any organization that provides the service, then you should be reminded that Hospitals do indeed perform abortions, and Medicaid pays for many of them.

Regardless of how you feel about abortion(im personally against it by the way), your argument isnt based in reality.

As you said, abortion is legal and your argument seems to hinge on whether or not you can pay for abortion on your own.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:47 PM

624 posts, read 379,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The one line in bold destroys your entire argument, but further more, you do not fund the abortions that planned parenthood provides.

If you are truly arguing that your tax dollars should not go to any organization that provides the service, then you should be reminded that Hospitals do indeed perform abortions, and Medicaid pays for many of them.

Regardless of how you feel about abortion(im personally against it by the way), your argument isnt based in reality.

As you said, abortion is legal.
Two or three wrongs don't make a right. If abortion is done at a hospital, then so be it. At least in a hospital isn't an abortion mill.

And my money does go to fund abortions at Planned Parenthood. Just because they put the numbers in a different column doesn't mean that it doesn't.

And why does Planned Parenthood need taxpayer money? Especially now since their services are available elsewhere?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Two or three wrongs don't make a right. If abortion is done at a hospital, then so be it. At least in a hospital isn't an abortion mill.

And my money does go to fund abortions at Planned Parenthood. Just because they put the numbers in a different column doesn't mean that it doesn't.

And why does Planned Parenthood need taxpayer money? Especially now since their services are available elsewhere?
I think you should educate yourself more and stop listening to whatever you are listening to. PP is not an abortion mill. Did you know hospitals cost so much more for abortions because they can.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think you should educate yourself more and stop listening to whatever you are listening to. PP is not an abortion mill. Did you know hospitals cost so much more for abortions because they can.
I have a friend that is a nurse at PP. I know what other things they do.

There's a lot of services that they say they do, but are mainly just referrals to other places.

But abortion is a big part of who they are and what they promote.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:

Except your local hospital probably performs more abortions in a month than your local planned parenthood does in a year.

Quote:
Actually it does.If government stop funding planned parenthood today, the money they use for abortions would still be there.

Quote:
Because elsewhere could be 100 miles away.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I have a friend that is a nurse at PP. I know what other things they do.

There's a lot of services that they say they do, but are mainly just referrals to other places.

But abortion is a big part of who they are and what they promote.
No it is not. Your friend who works there(if she existed) did not tell you that either.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You were talking about people adopting infants. I just responded to your post
It actually sounds like you just changed the subject.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No it is not. Your friend who works there(if she existed) did not tell you that either.
What do most people think of when they hear "Planned Parenthood"?

Old 08-12-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
What do most people think of when they hear "Planned Parenthood"?
You are arguing the fallacy of perception over reality, and im not a 5 year old who is going to fall for that.

You made the claim that PP promoted abortion over all the other services, so how about you show proof of that and back up your claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies