U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,922,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
The more I read of Ken's posts, the more I believe he is not a gun owner at all, even though he claims otherwise. He keeps parotting the gun grabbers talking points way too much. It doesn't matter how many times it is pointed out to him and Mag that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting or target shooting. They both will continue with their "stats" and "studies" which mostly are fabricated by the anti-gun movement.

I do find them both very entertaining though.
He is the "if it worked for my daddy, it is all anyone needs" type gun owner.

He probably has one or two guns he inherited from his father or grandfather. They used them to hunt at one point in the past, probably in the 50's. So because his dad was able to hunt with Winchester in 30-06 and an old browning A5 shotgun and it was he only guns he owned, that means that is the only type of gun anyone else should own because of it was good enough for his daddy it is good enough for everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 05:18 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,861,635 times
what erks me is these anti Gun People think that people with guns walked around with AR to your local shopping mall. They want Americans to be sheep and be more metropolitan.

Until some break in their home and the police is 5 minutes out.

Maybe we should outlaw Lattes because of the fat and the Caffeine?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:47 AM

14,102 posts, read 11,554,191 times
These recent shootings have fueled up the anti firearms crowd, and we , constantly, hear about all the bullets flying about , fromnuts with "assault rifles". But, iI ask, other than the isolated, individual cases, where is all this mayhem happening? Now, I'm sure, that someone in gangland, torches off an "assault weapon" , every day. Why don't we hear about it? Why don't we hear about GBE weapons recovered from gang shootings, when the cops actually recover any? If a carload of bangers gets rousted, after they do a drive by, why no detailed reporting of the traces done on their weapons? Since we are led to believe, they co.e fro.straw purchases, done by people legally able to buy guns from out of area sources, one would think the antis word be all over that information.

Curious. The cops have to be taking weapons of gang types at a pretty high rate. On, not enough to slow them up much, per capita, but far more than e are seeing in these theatre and church incidents. Its gotta be a DAILY thing, not a once in a blue. If the guns are coming from straw purchases and crooked gun stores, BATFE , one would think, would be pretty busy taking them down. But, not a chirp, do we hear.The question posed here is rhetorical, but k would love to see an anti 2A types answer to it....

Old 08-13-2015, 08:59 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,712,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yes, except their ghetto gangsters don't have access to guns.
With our history and 300 MILLION existing guns in our country and our open borders, our black on black firearm violence will continue.
The drug lords will see to it.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:09 AM

10,254 posts, read 12,104,388 times
Arm everyone. The market will sort things out.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:11 AM

5,315 posts, read 1,971,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
In other words, you have no agency that allows you to ignore the "pressure"? Also, I've never received my gun ownership survey that would tell me whether or not I'm a "second class citizen". Who should I consult about that?

Old 08-13-2015, 12:09 PM

32,240 posts, read 26,085,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
These recent shootings have fueled up the anti firearms crowd, and we , constantly, hear about all the bullets flying about , fromnuts with "assault rifles". But, iI ask, other than the isolated, individual cases, where is all this mayhem happening? Now, I'm sure, that someone in gangland, torches off an "assault weapon" , every day. Why don't we hear about it? Why don't we hear about GBE weapons recovered from gang shootings, when the cops actually recover any? If a carload of bangers gets rousted, after they do a drive by, why no detailed reporting of the traces done on their weapons? Since we are led to believe, they co.e fro.straw purchases, done by people legally able to buy guns from out of area sources, one would think the antis word be all over that information.

Curious. The cops have to be taking weapons of gang types at a pretty high rate. On, not enough to slow them up much, per capita, but far more than e are seeing in these theatre and church incidents. Its gotta be a DAILY thing, not a once in a blue. If the guns are coming from straw purchases and crooked gun stores, BATFE , one would think, would be pretty busy taking them down. But, not a chirp, do we hear.The question posed here is rhetorical, but k would love to see an anti 2A types answer to it....
well said. and the reason you dont see gang bangers and their weapons being traced is because the anti gunners dont care about them. what they care about is disarming the law abiding public at large so they can control the sheeple, instead of having to constantly worry about them rising up and throwing the bums out of office by force and resetting the government to one with more freedoms for the people.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:53 PM

14,102 posts, read 11,554,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. and the reason you dont see gang bangers and their weapons being traced is because the anti gunners dont care about them. what they care about is disarming the law abiding public at large so they can control the sheeple, instead of having to constantly worry about them rising up and throwing the bums out of office by force and resetting the government to one with more freedoms for the people.
Yes, that's a piece of the puzzle, especially where certain anti 2A politicians are concerned. I believe, also, you are correct, that the antis don't care to discuss the issue much, but for a different reason, I'm thinking. Thing is, the records of traces done on most of those weapons are not available for the public. Because... the weapons were stolen from government and LE armories. Try looking up any information related to this...it brings up all kinds of FBI data, just not on stolen government weapons. None. Zero.

Same with traces of sources on confiscated gang weapons. The data that IS a available on the latter, is only on stolen, civilian stuff, that doesn't even come close, in terms of the number of various types of weapons in gang hands. I find that... disturbing. It doesn't fit the anti gun agenda, that pins all culpability for weapons in criminal hands, squarely on the citizens. It just ain't so.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:07 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,295,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
You live in Wisconsin so I understand why you may see this about guns all the time.

If you live in a cosmopolitan area the only ones with guns are cops and gangsters.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:49 PM

18,073 posts, read 10,272,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
With our history and 300 MILLION existing guns in our country and our open border (singular), our black on black firearm violence will continue.
The drug lords will see to it.
Fixed it for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies