U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,102,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ah ha!! my team is doing its job finally!!
Yeehaw!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Default Pedro, may I ask, is that a fake name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It looks like each of those 660 pages has 10 unique events, so we're looking at nearly 7,000 documented times when someone did use a gun to protect themselves or others on just that one site.

So much for the MYTH that a person won't protect themselves with a gun.
it sure sounds fake. You a Russian?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 AM

4,571 posts, read 1,202,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
Just say no.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 AM

The OP was from 2015 but heck we all got on the train...in 2018!

Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 AM

4,293 posts, read 841,613 times
I do agree with the right to own a handgun but I don't agree that everyone should have one. For example, a person that has served prison time for an armed robbery that was committed by them should not have a gun. Same thing goes for a combat knife.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:51 AM

10,128 posts, read 6,243,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
The OP is different tahn me, for me it is not just the purchase pressure but the gun culture pressure in general.

I live in Texas. I grew u in the bible belt in Arlington. I saw gun shows, flea markets from a young age with fat, white rednecks selling to anyone who looked like them with no questions asked. I have seen guns sold out of trunks of cars. I have found guns hidden in places(that were not well hidden) as a kid and 20 something in others homes.

The ads here for the sporting gun stores sell Uzi's. CPL classes signs, pawns shops with "we sell bullets now" signs, gun stores signs.

it is just a death culture feeling.

And the people, the gun owners are just rabid with pro-gunness and "they gonna take my gun". It just feels like an overload of it.

Thanks for asking.
Well, I definitely can see how opinionated and stereotypical you are...fat, white, redneck....surprised you didn't mention anything about black gangsta's. You did leave out hillbilly, lifted truck, and coal rollin though.

Here's a funny thing about humans, some are just to weak to ignore peer pressure, or social (?) pressures letting everything bother them, while others are strong enough to not pay it any attention. I can see which one you are.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:52 AM

11,351 posts, read 5,937,582 times
Quote:
The OP is different tahn me, for me it is not just the purchase pressure but the gun culture pressure in general.

I live in Texas. I grew u in the bible belt in Arlington. I saw gun shows, flea markets from a young age with fat, white rednecks selling to anyone who looked like them with no questions asked. I have seen guns sold out of trunks of cars. I have found guns hidden in places(that were not well hidden) as a kid and 20 something in others homes.

The ads here for the sporting gun stores sell Uzi's. CPL classes signs, pawns shops with "we sell bullets now" signs, gun stores signs.

it is just a death culture feeling.

And the people, the gun owners are just rabid with pro-gunness and "they gonna take my gun". It just feels like an overload of it.

Thanks for asking.
Well thats just a lie. Did you report them to the FBI or ATF?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well thats just a lie.

I'm pretty sure it is...but hey, let him go, he's on a roll...

Old 09-07-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The OP was from 2015 but heck we all got on the train...in 2018!

So what, it is sort of refreshing seeing a thread that isn't about KAP, Nike, Trump , Mueller, etc...

Old 09-07-2018, 10:04 AM

51,752 posts, read 41,667,338 times
Quote:
it sure sounds fake. You a Russian?
They made a valid point and all you could do is mentally roll over on your back with a whimper and accuse a poster with 28k posts that has been here since 2013 of being a Russian.

I would like to thank you for the laugh though as you don't recognize the name of a pretty famous baseball player while accusing someone else of being Russian.

You've already used cheap stereotypes and cries of Russians, I just can't wait to see what more you'll sling at us before they ring the bell for your 5th period gym class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies