U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:04 PM

8,231 posts, read 2,181,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He probably does.
LOL
I'm rolling over here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 03:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,100,064 times
https://www.mail.com/news/us/8723830...-stage-hero1-3

More news on the gun culture front.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...thanks I needed the laugh.....nobody is shoving anything down your throat....
Really and that is said with some ability on your part to "walk in another's shoes?" Dude you can't do it-if you don't try!

BTW, your story is BS.....I live in Alabama and have never seen anything you say....
So, you say my story is BS because you don't see it like 825 miles away in Alabama? Well, dude, you are the master of logic and analyzing I see, give yourself a hand Einsteen! (btw-misspelled on purpose)

Ha ha!

Old 09-07-2018, 03:59 PM

2,133 posts, read 819,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?

Where do you live? I can't remember the last time I saw an advertisement for a firearm outside of an NRA magazine. And most of that "non-stop" gun talk on the radio and TV is the anti-gun crowd.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Default Ha no, actually all the ones I saw looked just like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well, I definitely can see how opinionated and stereotypical you are...fat, white, redneck....surprised you didn't mention anything about black gangsta's. You did leave out hillbilly, lifted truck, and coal rollin though.

Here's a funny thing about humans, some are just to weak to ignore peer pressure, or social (?) pressures letting everything bother them, while others are strong enough to not pay it any attention. I can see which one you are.
Serious dude " stereotypical you are" not stereotypical all white, mostly fat, slight exaggeration for humor. NO black people sold guns when I was a kid growing up, that I saw. Now, I am sure yes in Arlington you would have that. I have several black friends that own guns, but not then.

Sometimes what seems like a stereotype is just the plain ole truth!

Old 09-07-2018, 04:00 PM

7,479 posts, read 5,767,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
Yes, I am. I have no problem with firearms in general, but the crazy notion that "everyone needs lots of guns" is simply incorrect, as is the notion that "everyone should be able to own whatever gun they want, no questions asked."

If you ask even the dimmest right-winger if drunk drivers should be allowed to drive cars, they'd disagree (well, except for the ones who ARE drunk drivers.) Same idea with the blind, etc. And yet, they still think everyone - no matter how stupid, reckless, or dangerous they are to themselves and everyone around them- should be allowed to own a gun. And not only "a gun" for self-defense. Oh, no... In right-wing land, nothing short of a semi-automatic weapon that puts out 30+ rounds a minute will do. Because, apparently, right-wingers all live in radioactive wastelands where the gangsters they encounter every day are immune to revolvers and the deer regenerate from injuries so fast that you need 30+ rounds a minute just to wound them.

It's all a farce. Very few people NEED a weapon of any sort, and many are unqualified to own anything more dangerous than a crayon. Just look at the idiocy you see every single day on the highways: people running red lights, cutting other people off, and so on. Those are the idiots right-wingers want to arm with room-clearing weapons - idiots who can't even be trusted to operate a car without nearly killing somebody every day.

The sad part of all of this is that most "evil progressives" just want sane gun controls laws that are consistent and enforced across the board with the only real focus being keeping the worst weapons out of the hands of the biggest idiots and thugs. Any reasonable human being would agree with that, but when dealing with right-wingers and their sacred guns, facts don't matter. Every one of them is convinced that "someday" they are going to need to kill somebody, and too many of them look forward to that day.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Default Alex Jones Land-that's where I live

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Where do you live? I can't remember the last time I saw an advertisement for a firearm outside of an NRA magazine. And most of that "non-stop" gun talk on the radio and TV is the anti-gun crowd.
I live in the infamous land of Alex Jones, the crying man who school children watch memes of and laugh when he says things like "The Frogs are all gay".

I remember when his magazine had the cover with "Obama wants your guns!" got all y'all real riled up and sweaty....

Old 09-07-2018, 04:10 PM

11,327 posts, read 5,929,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
https://www.mail.com/news/us/8723830...-stage-hero1-3

More news on the gun culture front.
Cops having guns is part of "gun culture" to you? Obviously this cop was an idiot, but geez man, come on already.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:14 PM

3,021 posts, read 936,879 times
Man, a zombie thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
It is like an indoctrination of sorts. It is like "guns down our throats". It is sad and not a thing to be celebrated and taken so lightly and brazenly. It makes me sad as hell.
You searched up a four year old thread to post this nonsense?
Or is this sarcasm?

Old 09-07-2018, 04:21 PM

3,033 posts, read 3,043,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Since you are already planning a move to Europe, try Switzerland, where every adult is issued a gun and trained how to use it. Ironic, isn't it? But liberals still refuse to see it really is not about the weapons but about the people who are using them.
I would expect that most violent criminals are much better at using a gun that I would ever be. Considering how clumsy I am, no amount of training could make be outshoot a pro. I guess I'll just have to use my wits if I get assaulted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies