Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 09:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Funny how you use the word "moronic". It describes your post, an extension of you, to a T.

Get with the program or wear big boy diapers. Your choice.
An expert on the subject addresses the one word he knows something about and ignores the rest...understandable........staying in your comfort zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 09:30 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It seems like everywhere I look and see, I'm being pressured to buy a gun...not just one gun, multiple ones. Gun shows all over the place, advertisements in newspapers and magazines, and non-stop talk about guns on TV and the radio.

It's like American culture expects me to be carrying around a gun 24/7, and that if I don't own multiple firearms, I'm somehow a second class citizen. Anyone else tired of this?
No, I don't want you to have a gun. I just want to make dang sure I've got mine.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,269 times
Texas culture demands everyone be armed, they are scared to death of everything and everyone...its is so funny, the good thing is that a lot of them shoot themselves when they get plowed on the week-end...so some day it may become ok to walk down the street without some nut carrying a gun about to shoot you or someone else.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocowhand View Post
Texas culture demands everyone be armed, they are scared to death of everything and everyone...its is so funny, the good thing is that a lot of them shoot themselves when they get plowed on the week-end...so some day it may become ok to walk down the street without some nut carrying a gun about to shoot you or someone else.
What was your previous screen name that was banned?

Why are you more likely to be attacked by a criminal in other anti gun states than you are in Texas?

Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocowhand View Post
I am trying to figure out where in Texas you live or where you get such incorrect information. I haven't seen many instances of people shooting themselves in Texas and I sure haven't noticed many people quaking in fear here either. I haven't seen instances of people getting "plowed" and shooting themselves either. Are there 2 different Texas's?

Old 08-21-2015, 12:34 PM

119 posts, read 95,646 times
The NRA hates this story, but those two weirdos who showed up in the Vegas area during the Bundy fiasco not only executed a couple of cops having lunch. The woman also executed a CCW holder who pulled his gun on the male accomplice at Wal Mart.

I support the second amendment, but let's not kid ourselves about the unintended consequences.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Not really;I am tired of the lets all be victims thinking. Certainly when Police are attacked even when cleared by grand juries ;we have to expect them to react by not being as much a protector force. Disarming for self defense is stupid in this environment :IMO.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post
The NRA hates this story, but those two weirdos who showed up in the Vegas area during the Bundy fiasco not only executed a couple of cops having lunch. The woman also executed a CCW holder who pulled his gun on the male accomplice at Wal Mart.

I support the second amendment, but let's not kid ourselves about the unintended consequences.
The 2nd amendment just allows people to defend themselves from others and tyranical government.

I don't blame the 21st amendment when someone is killed by a drink driver. Why not black the individuals instead of a couple pounds of plastic and metal?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post

Your last sentence says everything pertinent about this issue.

Picture the forefathers viewing the unintended results of their misunderstood amendment and wondering what the heck happened?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:17 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Your last sentence says everything pertinent about this issue.

Picture the forefathers viewing the unintended results of their misunderstood amendment and wondering what the heck happened?
Don't think for a minute they wouldn't have loved it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies