U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:24 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,481,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Let's talk about the real facts. The Civil Rights Movement happened about 50 years ago. Racism didn't end with slavery. And it didn't end when the Civil Rights Movement happen. Widespread government sanctioned housing discrimination happened well into the 1970s. So best case we have 2 generations of black people with "full access" to equal opportunity. I am not going to discuss systemic racism issues right now.

Despite all of this institution stuff happening, the Black poverty rate is in generally decline and has declined significantly since the Civil Rights Movement:
Source: Poverty in the 50 years since ‘The Other America,’ in five charts - The Washington Post

Black women are outpacing everyone in attending college and closing the gap between other women:
Black Women Are Breaking Barriers But Still Not Getting Compensated For It | ThinkProgress

But we still have a long way to go. Schools are even more segregated now than they were 50 years ago.
Brown v. Board of Education 60th anniversary: America’s schools are segregating again.

But back to your links. Looks like only one is working. And it looks like the Michigan schools are failing quite miserably.

That looks like a broader Michigan problem to me.

What's embarrassing, is your insistence that everything is so "terrible" and that no one is doing anything, when on every measure black people are doing better than ever. But it is a lot more fun to find the negative stories.
This is gibberish. Do you or do you not understand that blacks are being surpassed in English class by people who can't speak English?

There is no way to explain this except lack of effort. None. This is a willful abandonment of education as a means to success, and you know it. So do the previous genius who tried to say that I didn't have evidence (which I posted) and the guy who brilliantly said that he would not read the evidence because of my typos.

As for your crappy charts and "only two generations of full access," most people rise the second they get a chance, usually all the faster for having been denied access. 40 years is certainly better than the illegals who come here and pass them by immediately.

7% of stduents in detroit read at grade level.
ESL students do better in English than blacks.

As for your povety rates, it took me less than 15 seconds to find out that they reached their lowest in 2000. So it seems that your "generally lower" trend has indeed screeched to a halt.

This will ONLY end when blacks take responsibility. No more excuses, no more justifications, no more rationalizations, not more accusations, no more cries of racism, no more deflecting, no more sticking heads in the sand. Any addict starts to get better by admitting the problem.

Just stop. Really. Just stop.

Last edited by cachibatches; 08-14-2015 at 02:33 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 05:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,139,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Being rude is not a crime. Prisons are not full of people who were rude to others. Prison's are not full of people who cursed out people.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people in prison who lost their temper in the face of mean, painless words, and physically attacked the person being rude.

A bad attitude is not a crime. The majority of a cops job is customer service, and anyone else in a customer service job who attacks someone because they are being verbally hostile would find themselves fired and locked up.
If you think cops are there to provide "customer service," all I can saw is "Wow....just Wow!"

They are on the front lines of law enforcement and emergency response.

That is a very serious responsibility having to do with matters of life and death.

But your Royal Highness expects Due Deference.

Puh-leeeze!

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-14-2015 at 05:36 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
She committed no crime. Contempt of cop is not a crime.
Did she do what the cop told her to do when he told her to do it?

If not, that is a crime.

It is against the law to resist or disobey a cop.

Period.

Quote:
Hell, I'm giving you an attitude. I think you're an idiot. Learn to stop using punctuation to simulate pauses in your stilted speech.
Oh, another great liberal "intellectual" nitpicker.

We have so many here...

Quote:
You're a racist and you don't even know it.
The predictable race card comes out.

Yawn.

The way your side throws the term "racist" around, it means nothing anymore.

Quote:
You're a liar, a fake, and a fool. Yanno?
No, that's you.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:15 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It appears this Black Lives Matter movement is just astroturf funded by rich old white guys. Go figure.
Ditto for the Tea Party, and the wealthy Republican financiers that created that astroturf movement. At least that's what I hear.

Mick

Old 08-14-2015, 05:19 AM

26,314 posts, read 24,409,203 times
Quote:
Being rude is not a crime. Prisons are not full of people who were rude to others. Prison's are not full of people who cursed out people.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people in prison who lost their temper in the face of mean, painless words, and physically attacked the person being rude.

A bad attitude is not a crime. The majority of a cops job is customer service, and anyone else in a customer service job who attacks someone because they are being verbally hostile would find themselves fired and locked up.
Rude? Rude? Sorry, but that wasn't just Rude. To excuse a mouth like that, and calling the officer fithy dirty names was enough to arrest her...she was totally out of control, screaming filthy language and was verbally hostile...she deserved to be arrested...period!

And I blame that on her parents, when your bought up right, you don't need to talk like that.

Contempt of Cop, Look it up
and Failure to obey a Police officer.
Disorderly conduct/It is a catch all Phrase/Police may use a disorderly conduct charge to keep the peace when people are behaving in a disruptive manner to themselves or others, but otherwise present no danger.

To continually fight this is on you, you have to decide, however, whatever happens in the future, is your choice, you can fight it, or be part of it and stop this none-sense that could get you in tons of trouble.

Your choice, just like hers....and it has nothing to do what-so-ever with race...it is in fact a humanitarian problem!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
No, genius, most of the people in jail right now are there for non-violent offenses: small amounts of drug possession. No harm in letting these people out. Some probably shouldn't be in jail at all.

Just How Much The War On Drugs Impacts Our Overcrowded Prisons, In One Chart
Nonsense.

Many of the "non-violent offenders" DO commit violent crimes and then plead out to lesser offenses just so the criminal justice system can move them quickly through the system and save on the cost of jury trials.

These "non-violent offenders" are hardly that, in most cases.

You also have to consider all the crimes they commit before they're finally caught.

We had a horrendous violent crime rate in the 1960s and '70s.

It was only when we finally cracked down that the crime rate dropped dramatically.

By the way, how are the crime rates doing in Ferguson, Baltimore and New York City?

I hear they're going up, now that the police aren't being allowed to do their job.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
It is hard to work full time, if white felons get more callbacks for jobs than black college grads. Not a socioeconomic problem, it is more like systemic racism.

A Black College Student Has The Same Chances Of Getting A Job As A White High School Dropout | ThinkProgress
Your link doesn't support your claim that white felons get more callbacks than black "college grads."

The study compares white high school graduates (not felons) with blacks with an "associate's degree."

Exaggerate much?

Last edited by dechatelet; 08-14-2015 at 05:38 AM..

Old 08-14-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Micheal Brown never murdered anyone.....that we know of. Micheal Brown worse offense, that I know of, is stealing cigars and grabbing the shirt of a store owner.

Here is a question for you. If the police apprehended Micheal Brown for stealing Cigars and shoving the store owner and then put on trial and sentence to death and executed for those crimes, do you think blacks would be justified to be outraged by that?

This is an issue of punishment fitting the crime, if you are going to make this an issue about his criminality.
Michael Brown disobeyed a lawful order by a police officer, told the office to f*** off, punched the officer in the face, tried to get the officer's gun, then charged the officer.

And that was after he robbed a store and assaulted a store clerk half his size.

He got what he deserved.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:38 AM

31,738 posts, read 36,414,276 times
Quote:
But we still have a long way to go. Schools are even more segregated now than they were 50 years ago.
Brown v. Board of Education 60th anniversary: America’s schools are segregating again.

But back to your links. Looks like only one is working. And it looks like the Michigan schools are failing quite miserably.

That looks like a broader Michigan problem to me.

What's embarrassing, is your insistence that everything is so "terrible" and that no one is doing anything, when on every measure black people are doing better than ever. But it is a lot more fun to find the negative stories.
People segregate themselves from the criminal hood.
No one wants to send their kids to school or live where violence occurs on a daily basis.

And even the best schools and teachers can't educate kids from families who don't value an education.
Blame the people, not the schools.

Blaming schools is ignoring the real problem.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:39 AM

26,314 posts, read 24,409,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Michael Brown disobeyed a lawful order by a police officer, told the office to f*** off, punched the officer in the face, tried to get the officer's gun, then charged the officer.

And that was after he robbed a store and assaulted a store clerk half his size.

He got what he deserved.
Michael Brown was a criminal and thug....
I don't know why in this day and age, people are defending him, unless they are criminals and thugs...and they very well might be...

The sad part is, and this really makes me livid, the cop's life is ruined, he cannot get a job anywhere, and that isn't right at all....

I think people ought to march on his behalf and change this country but quick...talk about corrupt...the cop does his job and he is punished, and no one will hire him...law enforcement ought to be ashamed all over this country, and to be a cop from this point on, you better know, that if something like this happens, they won't back you??????? Good God, what political corrupt ****s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or