Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer working with?
I'm a man and prefer working with men. 13 72.22%
I'm a woman and prefer working with men. 4 22.22%
I'm a man and prefer working with women. 0 0%
I'm a women and prefer working with women. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 02:00 AM

906 posts, read 711,920 times

Advertisements

I remember once I worked in a horse stable with a female boss. I went in one morning at 6, and as Im putting on my boots the lady pours out a bucket of liquid horsecrap and tells me to clean it up, and then leaves.

I quit a week later. The problem with women is they dont know how to handle authority properly. I really do not like working with females. Men are cool..even if you dont like them, all they ever do is come in, put in their hours, and go home. Women are not like that. Its always something with a female. I mean, on my last shify for example, this woman is complaining about how other women are looking to jump her, then she passes out and the paramedics have to be called in. Its just the way women are..its always something with them.

At work, I quite literally just ignore females. Nothing good can happen from talking to a female..and theyre masters at group manipulation and social maneuvering. Cross the wrong woman and thats your job.

The real problem is that its socially unacceptable to hit a woman, and they know this so theyll do things that should rightfully get their butt whooped, but theyre untouchable and thats it. But its why men always command a certain amount of respect from men. Any man knows that regardless of your station every man has a line, from the janitor to the ceo, and if you cross that mans line and get blasted in the face...there isnt any man who will say anything if you had it coming. But with women..nope.

Women want to be treated equal to men, except whem its more convenient to be women. Its why a woman will complain about how men are paid more and go on to complain how a man didnt pick up the check on their last date. And to a woman, she sees no contradiction in this.

Its quite absurd really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 02:12 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm one of the only two women in my workplace, and we all get along great. Zero drama. My only gripe is that some of them take way too much vacation and dump all their work on me. >.>

Also keep in mind that women are generally judged much more harshly than men for the same behavior.
You are one of two women, yet you speak about "some of them" dumping all their work on you? When you go on vacation who do you "dump" your work on?

Old 08-10-2015, 02:12 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I remember once I worked in a horse stable with a female boss. I went in one morning at 6, and as Im putting on my boots the lady pours out a bucket of liquid horsecrap and tells me to clean it up, and then leaves.

I quit a week later. The problem with women is they dont know how to handle authority properly. I really do not like working with females. Men are cool..even if you dont like them, all they ever do is come in, put in their hours, and go home. Women are not like that. Its always something with a female. I mean, on my last shify for example, this woman is complaining about how other women are looking to jump her, then she passes out and the paramedics have to be called in. Its just the way women are..its always something with them.

At work, I quite literally just ignore females. Nothing good can happen from talking to a female..and theyre masters at group manipulation and social maneuvering. Cross the wrong woman and thats your job.

The real problem is that its socially unacceptable to hit a woman, and they know this so theyll do things that should rightfully get their butt whooped, but theyre untouchable and thats it. But its why men always command a certain amount of respect from men. Any man knows that regardless of your station every man has a line, from the janitor to the ceo, and if you cross that mans line and get blasted in the face...there isnt any man who will say anything if you had it coming. But with women..nope.

Women want to be treated equal to men, except whem its more convenient to be women. Its why a woman will complain about how men are paid more and go on to complain how a man didnt pick up the check on their last date. And to a woman, she sees no contradiction in this.

Its quite absurd really
Your boss was just an a-hole , and a bully. They come in both genders.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:21 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You are one of two women, yet you speak about "some of them" dumping all their work on you. When you go on vacation who do you "dump" your work on?
Talking about my coworkers of both genders. Several of whom take entire weeks off every other month, and several of them away at the same time. I haven't taken a vacation yet (I've only been here for a year, so I kind of don't feel like I've earned my right to take a vacation yet), but I would try to do as much possible myself before leaving and when I can during, and only if absolutely necessary, split up needed coverage equally so one person isn't swamped.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:30 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
. Nothing wrong with being considered aloof. There are infinitely worse things.
Because I was aloof, I was considered "unfriendly". I was called to the office of the HR director because another secretary complained "I didn't like her". I explained to the HR director that I didn't realize that "making friends" was part of my job and that she was not someone I would choose to socialize with or invite to my home, nor would I go to her home. That's something I do with friends.

As for the secretary, she was right, I didn't like her and in front of the HR director I explained to her what I taught my daughter: when you go through life you will meet people that you don't like for whatever reason who you may need to tolerate and there will be people who won't like you for whatever reason but will need to tolerate you. I wasn't interested in small chit-chat with her because I had no interest in what she had to say.

I kept my distance more so from the secretary due to the fact that she showed signs of very weird behavior and had a history of not getting along with other secretaries. Of course it was everyone else and not her.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:32 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

What does "self-promoting" have to do with leading?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:34 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but I've noticed something...

Every job I have, there is always some sort of issue with a female employee. Not necessarily with me personally, but some female employee is always causing a fuss over something.

One job I worked, a female employee was rude to everyone (customers and coworkers), yet never got in trouble because the supervisor was a female.

At my current job, there is a female employee who always seems to have some sort of personal issue with just about everyone. She also has crying breakdowns in front of coworkers.

My wife has noticed the same thing at her job. Female coworkers starting drama, complaining, calling out all the time. My wife also seems to have issues with other employees. It seems like at least a few times a month there is some sort of complaint about a female coworker causing drama or being rude.

When I worked in technology, 99% of the workforce was men. I had no problems at all. Maybe the occasional lazy employee, but he was usually dealt with quickly. Now that I work in education, I am one of the few male employees in my department. It's nothing but gossip, drama, and complaining non stop. I kind of just sit there like "yeah..... right...."

It seems like men just come to work, do what they are supposed to, keep their mouth shut, then come home... Which is like the complete opposite of what my wife and many other female employees do.

Obviously, there are exceptions to this.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Some women are insecure drama queens. And yes, I have several women friends who prefer working with men for that very reason.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
I would actually presume this to be more of a character issue than a gender one. But I'd guess, or reason that certain workplaces cater and/or treat women differently than men. Which then creates the environments where certain women (not all) will whine and complain and slack off. But when such environments exists for men, they'll just get yelled at by their supervisors.
Maybe a character issue for some, but women tend to be more emotional than men, and this is why it leads to all of the drama.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No, I haven't experienced that, but it's true that women do tend to make relationships more personal. Men, in comparison, don't tend to interact as much.

I've never figured out why men tend not to complain, and sometimes even think it's a virtue not to complain. Is it that they're too dense to notice that there's something to complain about, or are they worry about looking weak?
Being a man, I tend not to take the little things seriously, not worth complaining. OTOH, some women make mountains out of mole hills.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:20 AM

519 posts, read 776,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I've never figured out why men tend not to complain, and sometimes even think it's a virtue not to complain. Is it that they're too dense to notice that there's something to complain about, or are they worry about looking weak?
Riiiiiiiight. Its because most men are "too dense to notice."

In reality it's because most men don't give much of a ****, and would rather just do their jobs and go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies