Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer working with?
I'm a man and prefer working with men. 13 72.22%
I'm a woman and prefer working with men. 4 22.22%
I'm a man and prefer working with women. 0 0%
I'm a women and prefer working with women. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 01:04 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,704,526 times

Advertisements

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but I've noticed something...

Every job I have, there is always some sort of issue with a female employee. Not necessarily with me personally, but some female employee is always causing a fuss over something.

One job I worked, a female employee was rude to everyone (customers and coworkers), yet never got in trouble because the supervisor was a female.

At my current job, there is a female employee who always seems to have some sort of personal issue with just about everyone. She also has crying breakdowns in front of coworkers.

My wife has noticed the same thing at her job. Female coworkers starting drama, complaining, calling out all the time. My wife also seems to have issues with other employees. It seems like at least a few times a month there is some sort of complaint about a female coworker causing drama or being rude.

When I worked in technology, 99% of the workforce was men. I had no problems at all. Maybe the occasional lazy employee, but he was usually dealt with quickly. Now that I work in education, I am one of the few male employees in my department. It's nothing but gossip, drama, and complaining non stop. I kind of just sit there like "yeah..... right...."

It seems like men just come to work, do what they are supposed to, keep their mouth shut, then come home... Which is like the complete opposite of what my wife and many other female employees do.

Obviously, there are exceptions to this.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 01:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
I had a female co-worker who talked all the time, mostly about stuff that didn't matter. She was a rather annoying distraction. The boss would sometimes get after her about it, but it never helped much.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post

Every job I have, there is always some sort of issue with a female employee. Not necessarily with me personally, but some female employee is always causing a fuss over something.

One job I worked, a female employee was rude to everyone (customers and coworkers), yet never got in trouble because the supervisor was a female.

At my current job, there is a female employee who always seems to have some sort of personal issue with just about everyone. She also has crying breakdowns in front of coworkers.

My wife has noticed the same thing at her job. Female coworkers starting drama, complaining, calling out all the time. My wife also seems to have issues with other employees. It seems like at least a few times a month there is some sort of complaint about a female coworker causing drama or being rude.

When I worked in technology, 99% of the workforce was men. I had no problems at all. Maybe the occasional lazy employee, but he was usually dealt with quickly. Now that I work in education, I am one of the few male employees in my department. It's nothing but gossip, drama, and complaining non stop. I kind of just sit there like "yeah..... right...."

It seems like men just come to work, do what they are supposed to, keep their mouth shut, then come home... Which is like the complete opposite of what my wife and many other female employees do.

I'm going to catch so much hell for this, but as a woman, I have always liked to work in a work space with more men than women. Not all women are like you have described but from my experience, men are just easier. Yes, they sometimes might be outright d---s, but other than that they are usually pretty straightforward. Some women, and I do emphasize some, are masters at back biting and manipulation.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post

Yes. When I was in management, my problem employees were generally female.
Not always, but most of the time. Petty stuff, generally.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:18 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,704,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Petty stuff, generally.
That's another thing I've noticed. Many female employees complain about EVERY FREAKING THING.

As a male, I generally don't complain about anything at work unless it affects my personal safety or will affect my employment.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:54 PM

684 posts, read 790,728 times
I would actually presume this to be more of a character issue than a gender one. But I'd guess, or reason that certain workplaces cater and/or treat women differently than men. Which then creates the environments where certain women (not all) will whine and complain and slack off. But when such environments exists for men, they'll just get yelled at by their supervisors.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:09 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,647,268 times
No, I haven't experienced that, but it's true that women do tend to make relationships more personal. Men, in comparison, don't tend to interact as much.

I've never figured out why men tend not to complain, and sometimes even think it's a virtue not to complain. Is it that they're too dense to notice that there's something to complain about, or are they worry about looking weak?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Hmmmmmm.....

I have worked right next to women my whole life. The current females I work with runs about 99% of what has been described here very ACCURATE. The 1 percent that are not like these described here are rare and a pleasure to work with.

And these 99% have the absolute foulest mouths and would make a sailor blush.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:35 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
I'm one of the only two women in my workplace, and we all get along great. Zero drama. My only gripe is that some of them take way too much vacation and dump all their work on me. >.>

Also keep in mind that women are generally judged much more harshly than men for the same behavior.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm one of the only two women in my workplace, and we all get along great. Zero drama. My only gripe is that some of them take way too much vacation and dump all their work on me. >.>

Also keep in mind that women are generally judged much more harshly than men for the same behavior.

For example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies