Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Jon Stewart be on/near the top of your list?
Yes and I'm a Democrat 20 14.49%
Yes and I'm a Republicans 2 1.45%
Yes and I'm an Independent 21 15.22%
No and I'm a Democrat 7 5.07%
No and I'm a Republicans 29 21.01%
No and I'm an Independent 59 42.75%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:30 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Who's Jon Stewart?
Someone who a lot of people think reports REAL news......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You know what is funny is that a "Comedian" like Jon Stewart has more grasp of American politics than the 17 bozos running for the Presidency on the GOP table today.
Stewart would be grimacing today knowing Trump still leads in the polls.
Ridiculous assumption. This statement shows a deep misunderstanding with some in todays voting block.
Also , I don't see why anyone would care about a grimace from some one with no political experience, no leadership experience, no legal experience, no consulting experience, etc.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
He's more experienced that Trump since he aactually tracks the issues as opposed to tracking his haters.
Another indicator of the problem I wrote about. A snarky joke, that is factually incorrect. Yet there this poster stands , tall on his pile of bs.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Nope. If you watched his show you would know that.
If you read anything other than his show, you might question that.

Jesus Christ , how many times is this childish bit going to be typed in this thread?
I like Jon Stewart, I'm a fan. I'm not an idiot that is going to support captain kangaroos political campaign based on what I saw on his show. Unreal.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Besides the factually inaccurate statements linked above? Having people interviewed for special segments, lying to them about the conditions, clever editing so they say things that they didn't, not allowing them to video tape the interview so there isn't a record of how the interview went...usual half-truths, etc.

"My liar is better than your's he reaffirms my views."

"My liar is funny so its okay"

"Its okay he lies, he is just a comedian man, speaking truth to politics."
So basically your liars say what you want to hear and Stewart didn't therefore Stewart must be lying. By the way, they don't lie to those who go on the show to be interviewed. Of course you would know that if you paid any attention to the show beyond getting upset when they make fun of your views.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:22 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So basically your liars say what you want to hear and Stewart didn't therefore Stewart must be lying. By the way, they don't lie to those who go on the show to be interviewed. Of course you would know that if you paid any attention to the show beyond getting upset when they make fun of your views.
Why are you lying to defend your liar? Don't be such a weak person.

Click my links, Stewart's show DID LIE to several people they interviewed. Why are you lying about it?

I can admit that Fox News has people that lie, MSNBC lies, and so does John Stewart. Have some integrity.

At least educate yourself a bit.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
He is a comedian :I hope the Op realizes.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why are you lying to defend your liar? Don't be such a weak person.

Click my links, Stewart's show DID LIE to several people they interviewed. Why are you lying about it?

I can admit that Fox News has people that lie, MSNBC lies, and so does John Stewart. Have some integrity.

At least educate yourself a bit.
I still understand Stewart was entertainment. I was always entertained when watching his show, is that a concept that is foreign to you?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:57 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Umm, no. Would you like to know if I'd vote for Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Jim Breuer, Louis CK, Jerry Seinfeld, or Tracy Morgan? NO!!!!!

Mick

Old 08-14-2015, 03:52 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I still understand Stewart was entertainment. I was always entertained when watching his show, is that a concept that is foreign to you?
Dodger.

Of course he is entertaining, he has a show on "Comedy" Central.

The point is he lies. A lot. Much of his shtick is going after FoxNews for lying, sometimes with lies of his own.

He is, does give political commentary that people do put some stock in and he does this with BS too often. Some of his fans would even vote for him for president as evidenced by this thread.

He can make political commentary and then when it is proven to be distorted his fans can deny or say "he is just a comedian, man." Which is very advantageous for his dishonesty.

Jon Stewart + laughs = FoxNews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies