Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:23 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Who exactly are they protecting? If as they say they support Constitutional protecting rights they should be on the side of protesters expressing those rights. Somehow I doubt that's the case.
I would venture to say they absolutely would be. Yet, some how I doubt your definition of "expressing those rights" fits within the letter of the law.

The oath keepers I have had the pleasure of talking to have been some of the most lauded and upstanding people I have ever met.

The amount of ignorance in this thread towards this group is amazing.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:30 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
The amount of ignorance in this thread towards this group is amazing.
Anti-American leftists and the Obama administration have encouraged the general populous to freak out over white people with carry licenses.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
It's not a good idea to open carry, especially in a situation as unstable and explosive as the protests in Ferguson. That said, let's face facts. The Oath Keepers are far far less likely to be the instigators of trouble than the protestors and nobody demanded that the protestors be removed from the area( okay many of the better thinkers did but we were ignored). And given that the protestors HAVE caused considerable damage and violence and have many outside agitators in their ranks, they still aren't being forced to leave. So you can't single out one group unless you go after the known problem group first.
People act like crap and they're going to draw a response from those who want to do the same. Some Oath Keepers are up to no good, no doubt, but they are greatly outnumbered by those protestors who have the same thing in mind.
But I was listening to Progressive Radio on Sirius today. The ignorance and stupidity of the left on this issue is astounding. Paranoia, hypocrisy, racism, the progressive left leads all others. If you honestly think that racism is the biggest problem we face as a people, you are just hopelessly dumbfounded and so far out of it you just need to be gently shoved out of the way and ignored. Maybe you can wake yourself up and come around, probably not. But we can't waste the time dragging you along and trying to straighten you out when things are this close to total collapse.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Anti-American leftists and the Obama administration have encouraged the general populous to freak out over white people with carry licenses.
This Gawdless Librul has a concealed carry permit.

note: CONCEALED.

That means NOT parading around with a gun out in the open, making an ass of yourself.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
I not certain about that, but I have been perturbed by the amount of bureaucratic corpororate policies enacted towards groups like these within our government.

These guys run on genuine beliefs rooted in the same structure that our country is. I would trust them over a group of currently employed Leo's.
I believe that is more powerful than simply following current disarranged statutes. After all, morality is doing what is right regardless of what is commanded and law is mind without reason.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

That means NOT parading around with a gun out in the open, making an ass of yourself.
Probably would have been best to not allow gay people to hold hands in public, don't want them to incite others.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Great, good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Probably would have been best to not allow gay people to hold hands in public, don't want them to incite others.
Oh, snap!

But clearly he didn't quite get it...

Old 08-11-2015, 10:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Oath Keepers oppose policies that go against *their narrow interpretation* of the Constitution (meaning most of the government). Because of course they reckon they're more qualified than Supreme Court justices to make that determination.
These protestors think ONLY black lives matter.......would you consider this narrow-minded?

How about the poor pig the protestors killed and dressed, to prove their love for Brown? This has NOTHING to do with equal rights and the protestors know it.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The oath keepers aren't anti-government, they oppose policies that go against the Constitution.
Then they should have batteries of attorneys instead of a bunch of armed,-ex whatevers marching around Fergeson in ARs and camo.
Real security for A.Js infowars crew would have stayed concealed and lo profile. It's strictly "In your face provocation", created by A.J's media outlet.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:46 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Blacks throwing frozen water bottles and rocks at the police doesn't anger the police.

Blacks shooting at the police don't anger the police.

Whites carrying rifles angers police.

Priceless

Oath Keepers return to Ferguson, angering police
Moronic, isn't it? Politically motivated cops (not the rank and file) are afraid to call criminals, criminals. But will denigrate law abiding people.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 08-11-2015 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies