Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:27 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,092,032 times

Advertisements

I believe when jobs are scarce crime goes up also....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,712,029 times
Cannabis makes people non-violent if anything does. Allowing people to relax is the best way to get tough on crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Baltimore Hits Grim Milestone of Year's 200th Homicide - Breitbart

I know for a fact, in Philly, there are gun shots every single day, up to 3 shootings a day, but crime is going down?

Right....so what do we do to get tough on crime.....?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:38 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,065,286 times
Quote:

I know for a fact, in Philly, there are gun shots every single day, up to 3 shootings a day, but crime is going down?

So you are extrapolating national crime statistics from Baltimore and Philly only? Hmmmm.

Mick

Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,065,286 times
Quote:
I believe when jobs are scarce crime goes up also....
If so, the crime should have gone down between 2009 and 2015, right?

But I am sure it is a contributing factor.

Mick

Old 08-12-2015, 05:52 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,689,491 times
Quote:

The average person doesn't understand it's because of the given the history and context of crime in the U.S. Crime in the U.S. peaked in the late 80s and early 90s. The crime rates today are nowhere near that period. And if you're referring to inner city crime specifically yes it has had an overall drop since the 80s.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:56 PM

Nixon & co wanted to arrest people for being black, poor, or young, so they criminalized their common pleasure. Do you support that & should our police support that? No lives matter to money worshippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Figures don't lie, but liars do figure.

Many crime statistics are unreliable. In at least one nearby city property crimes aren't counted. The best crime statistics are for murder because there is a body. But even there fudging is possible by classifying it as manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, 1st degree, 2nd..etc.

For many cities 2015 is worse than recent history though. Maybe if the black lives matter people would drop it black lives would be safer again.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:06 PM

Some of us are aware that Democrats & Republicans, the majority, take bribes & then they have no problem killing harmless Americans. Should we let harmless Americans be murdered? We can vote 3rd party like Libertarians. They can't be bribed, no harmless would be killed or locked up. Hope u agree good.

Quote:
they are making these bogus statements b/c of the upcoming election...they want us all to believe, that crime is down, and jobs are up, all under Obama, so you vote in another Dem....I've been watching the news state that about jobs and crime for months now....but if a Republican gets in, the local liberal stations will report the opposite. It is so obvious.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 PM

Liberal vs Conservative has nothing to do with crime rates. Most in both parties want death or torture for any people that don't conform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Outside of most urban liberal cesspools crime is down. Inside some of them crime is way up. Fortunately Baltimore and Philadelphia are not the entire US.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:14 PM

You should not need a station to help you think. Most honest news is on the internet.

Quote:
they are making these bogus statements b/c of the upcoming election...they want us all to believe, that crime is down, and jobs are up, all under Obama, so you vote in another Dem....I've been watching the news state that about jobs and crime for months now....but if a Republican gets in, the local liberal stations will report the opposite. It is so obvious.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM

I live in a large metro area. 4th tier suburb, very little serious crime. Wish everyone could be so lucky. But cannabis users are no threat & should be left alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That's not a "fact" across the board. I do understand your sentiment, however. You folks living in large urban areas that are just noticing this, or paying more attention to it, is good. Keep your eyes open and look for solutions.
I used to live in south Dallas, I delt with things you don't want to imagine daily. I don't have any advice other than, I moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies