Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:27 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times

Advertisements

Was reading on NBC this morning that the classified TS/SCI emails contained code words from classified emails and cables copied over to these unsecure emails and were not properly marked as classified. So, no it wasn't information that was retroactively classified. It was classified information typed into an unsecure unclassified email. This was pure security violation 101. Very, very bad. Anyone else, they would be looking at charges right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 08:37 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Was reading on NBC this morning that the classified TS/SCI emails contained code words from classified emails and cables copied over to these unsecure emails and were not properly marked as classified. So, no it wasn't information that was retroactively classified. It was classified information typed into an unsecure unclassified email. This was pure security violation 101. Very, very bad. Anyone else, they would be looking at charges right now.
Sounds like she needs to take my STEPP Derivative Classification class...
(anybody currently holding a security clearance will laugh at that... all others, keep moving please...)

Somebody needs to hit her with a SCG while they're at it..
(ok, I get it... I'm the only one finding humor in my posts...)

(singing)...... You dropped the NISPOM on me......

Old 08-13-2015, 11:31 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Hell, ISIS -ISIL probably had account on her email server.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:42 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
She was SOS. As such she can classify documents anyway she wants. No one has authority over her except the President.

This is all right wing fairy tale. And she is still most likely the next US President.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:44 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
She was SOS. As such she can classify documents anyway she wants. No one has authority over her except the President.

This is all right wing fairy tale. And she is still most likely the next US President.
She doesn't determine the level of classification of documents.

Does your back hurt from all that water you are carrying?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:

What? LOL Did you come up with this on your own? That is simply not true. Not even close to true. She does not dictate classification of anything.

Tell me, where did you hear this? Really curious to see who's pushing this nonsense.

You have absolutely no idea how classifications work

Old 08-13-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
What? LOL Did you come up with this on your own? That is simply not true. Not even close to true. She does not dictate classification of anything.

Tell me, where did you hear this? Really curious to see who's pushing this nonsense.

You have absolutely no idea how classifications work
Show me any statute that binds the SOS to the regulations of any other department. Or even that modify the SOS authority except by a Constitutional amendment.

From the security classification ED...

(a) Top Secret. The authority to classify information originally as Top Secret may be exercised only by:
(1) the President;
(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President in the Federal Register; and
(3) officials delegated this authority pursuant to Section 1.2(d).

Old 08-13-2015, 12:05 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:

Wong. Secretary of State can not declassify or re-classify classified documents.

I have noticed the media keeps claiming that Clinton should be using her .gov email address/system to send and receive classified information. They also claim previous Secretary Of State appointee's used a unclassified email address/system for official State business and they imply they also sent classified information on these unsecured email systems.

This is all lies and a smoke screen. The .gov email system is for official government business but it is not a classified email system where classified can be sent. A classified email system is not connected physically to any unsecured network and especially the internet. A classified system is a separate system from the .gov unsecured system and the .gov system is connected to the internet.

If a previous Secretary of State used a non government email system for official business then that is wrong, against policy, but that does not mean they sent classified information on the unsecured private system. I have not heard that any previous Secretary of State sent classified information on a unclassified system including the .gov unclassified system. Anyone who sends classified on the .gov system would be in big trouble also.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Wong. Secretary of State can not declassify or re-classify classified documents.

I have noticed the media keeps claiming that Clinton should be using her .gov email address/system to send and receive classified information. They also claim previous Secretary Of State appointee's used a unclassified email address/system for official State business and they imply they also sent classified information on these unsecured email systems.

This is all lies and a smoke screen. The .gov email system is for official government business but it is not a classified email system where classified can be sent. A classified email system is not connected physically to any unsecured network and especially the internet. A classified system is a separate system from the .gov unsecured system and the .gov system is connected to the internet.

If a previous Secretary of State used a non government email system for official business then that is wrong, against policy, but that does not mean they sent classified information on the unsecured private system. I have not heard that any previous Secretary of State sent classified information on a unclassified system including the .gov unclassified system. Anyone who sends classified on the .gov system would be in big trouble also.
Of course she can. It gets complicated but anything transferred to State is under her authority and she can declassify it. Practically there is no one other than the President who can overrule her.

Apparently all SOSs have used private or .gov emails. I would wager that all such SOSs violated the security system to some degree. It is basically automatic if you discuss any major SOS issue.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times
I have a great idea... instead of actually doing something about our runaway govnt... lets all complain about it on an internet forum!!

cool beans..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies