U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 AM

23,171 posts, read 11,438,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
not the one by me, they kill you in a heartbeat
And yet, you are alive posting here.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 PM

5,492 posts, read 5,686,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's too bad a white person couldn't live in a non-white area and be so well received and have a pleasant time. All whites have is their own white spaces. But progressive liberals see to it that whites are pestered and victimized and have no space anywhere.
Not true. One of the overlying problems of this is this assumption that all "white people" fit the same mold. You yourself, blacks and other minorities are guilty of using this blanket stereotype that generally ALL whites are these clean cut, professional, properly speaking, leave it to beaver types--when that couldn't be further from the truth. There are A LOT of white people with missing teeth, unemployed, low income, who are uninspired, uneducated and who don't speak the King's English.

Those whites fit in just fine with the lower income blacks and hispanics. They have absolutely no problem in those neighborhoods. You can go to any ghetto and see them all mingling with one another without any [racial] problems.

Now those whites who are educated, well speaking, with a full set of teeth who are motivated to do something with themselves--will NOT be well received in many neighborhoods like that--but then again, neither will the black families with the same persona.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,138,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Those whites fit in just fine with the lower income blacks and hispanics. They have absolutely no problem in those neighborhoods. You can go to any ghetto and see them all mingling with one another without any [racial] problems.
LOL, What? GTFO with this. Blacks and Whites, and Hispanics living together in the ghetto eh? Everybody just hanging out on the corner discussing dental options and medicaid right? Come on man, oh boy.

Good lord, in all seriousness where exactly do you live where this is happening?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,714,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's definately part of it. The white people in that audience, mostly good progressive TED-talk sorts I'm sure, assume that a hip black guy couldn't enjoy living in a rural white town and doing the things people there like to do.

Exactly. After years of living among white, urbane progressives (I live in Seattle) I have seen they are just as likely, if not more so to stereotype than white conservatives. I have mentioned that I used to hunt white tail deer back on the East Coast and these steadfast "liberals", so "enlightened" look at me like I'm insane and say "but you're black. Black people aren't suppose to do stuff like that."

They love black people, just as long as we conform with their preconceived notions of being the "romantically oppressed dashiki-warriors" waiting for our white liberal savior to come (i.e., "The Help") And we are expected to conform with their cultural notions of dance, food and drink and the whole nine.

I show up at the shooting range and none of the Tea Party types bat an eye, but the white liberals? They think I'm an "Uncle Tom" just for getting my plinking in.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,839,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
LOL, What? GTFO with this. Blacks and Whites, and Hispanics living together in the ghetto eh? Everybody just hanging out on the corner discussing dental options and medicaid right? Come on man, oh boy.

Good lord, in all seriousness where exactly do you live where this is happening?
Rather than a ghetto I think he's really talking about a small majority white middle class neighborhood made 'multicultural' by progressive liberals. Sounds like my neighborhood now, except the races don't interact much and the whites don't talk to anyone much not even each other lol. It's in its pre-ghetto stage.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Rather than a ghetto I think he's really talking about a small majority white middle class neighborhood made 'multicultural' by progressive liberals. Sounds like my neighborhood now, except the races don't interact much and the whites don't talk to anyone much not even each other lol. It's in its pre-ghetto stage.
So, it's complete and utter BS? Got it.

I'm still curious where he lives that he's seeing this "utopia".

By the way, do the blacks talk to anyone? The hispanics?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:17 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,714,185 times
Quote:
you put a white man in a black town, he be robbed within 24 hours and dead within a week

I doubt that would happen in this black town:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia_Fields,_Illinois

Old 08-12-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I doubt that would happen in this black town:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia_Fields,_Illinois
Is that where Michael Brown lived?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:26 PM

15,258 posts, read 7,783,898 times
Quote:
It's too bad a white person couldn't live in a non-white area and be so well received and have a pleasant time. All whites have is their own white spaces. But progressive liberals see to it that whites are pestered and victimized and have no space anywhere.
Quote:
you put a white man in a black town, he be robbed within 24 hours and dead within a week
Too many of your white supremacist minded white people are greatly wrong in regards to whites living in black neighborhoods.

In Atlanta I lived in one of the worst majority black neighborhoods in the city and we had (let me count) 5 white families out of about 4000 that lived in our area that I knew, about 10 whites in total.

All of those families were well received and were not harrassed for being white nor are they dead or murdered right now. Many have lived there for many years and are actively involved in their neighborhoods.

As long as they don't go around shouting racial epiteths, whites are well received by black people just like blacks are well received by whites the majority of the time.

Quote:

I live in what people consider "the ghetto." We have whites and blacks and hispanics. I'm not not Medicaid and have never discussed medical insurance with my neighbors. We do discuss our yards though and our dogs and their habits, our kids/grandkids, complain about the 2 neighbors it seems everyone doesn't like, and we help each other with home and car repairs.

Most "ghettos" are not all that bad of places, just people who don't make all that much money. I really enjoy my neighbors and neighborhood. I think we represent the best of America. We have a retired nurse on our street who grew up in the house she lived in, a factory worker who bought his house for less than $10K and fixed it up and helps us fix up ours, We have a 90 year old neighbor who has lived in the same house for 67 years, we have families who rent who have kids who ride bikes and play outside with my own kids. Most of my neighbors are older people who own their homes outright like I do. They live on fixed income and I have informed them about various programs that help low income home owners fix up their homes in our area (we can get free paint and roof repairs and other things offered through a community development program and many of the neighbors aren't aware that they qualify). But not medicaid. One of my neighbors does like to talk too much about his dental work and dentures though lol. But he is a nice guy.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:27 PM

5,492 posts, read 5,686,369 times
Quote:

NYC..go to any ghetto and poor blacks and hispanics are living there with some whites. I work in some of those areas and I have never heard of any racial problems within the same neighborhood.

The "poor" neighborhoods aren't exclusive to any race. Poor whites, blacks and hispanics generally don't have any problems living there together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies