U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM

16,749 posts, read 9,100,771 times

Advertisements

Whoever "Debbie Schlussel" is, made an unclassy tweet.

The FoxNews tweet in context isn't bad, it wasn't referencing his cancer, the person sending it might not even have known he had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM

16,272 posts, read 9,105,195 times
well its certainly poor taste. Im not sure how "foxnews" is to blame for it.

two people said some stuff....

were you this upset when some liberals made a movie about the assassination of George W. Bush? I mean he was president at the time and liberals projected to the point of making a moving about killing him...

Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,243,112 times
I thought Charles Hurt is a political columnist for The Washington Times.
Is he supposed to be some sort of spokesman for FOX?

Old 08-14-2015, 12:00 PM

9,440 posts, read 5,812,203 times
Applaud his cancer? Trying to follow Obama and 'rewrite history'?

“Our country has not been as aimless & lost as it is today since, I think, Jimmy Carter…It’s probably even worse today.”

Where exactly in that tweet is anyone applauding his cancer or even directly attacking Carter? People have been saying that about the current administration for years. Did they tweet this before or after Carters announcement? It wouldn't be surprising if it was before and the progressives went nuts over it and got their panties in a bunch.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 2,717,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Applaud his cancer? Trying to follow Obama and 'rewrite history'?

“Our country has not been as aimless & lost as it is today since, I think, Jimmy Carter…It’s probably even worse today.”

Where exactly in that tweet is anyone applauding his cancer or even directly attacking Carter? People have been saying that about the current administration for years. Did they tweet this before or after Carters announcement? It wouldn't be surprising if it was before and the progressives went nuts over it and got their panties in a bunch.
a thinly veiled insult of this nature is actually worse than saying "YAY, _____ has cancer".

They never miss an opportunity to look like the gossip/editorial rag they are.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:14 PM

22,437 posts, read 10,385,168 times
I never heard of her before, but just looked up some of her previous tweets and entries on Facebook.

Low class to the max.

A good education doesn't do magic.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 2 days ago)

8,126 posts, read 5,811,449 times
I don't know why anyone would either make fun of someone having cancer or wish cancer on anyone...especially knowing it can happen to anyone, including YOURSELF. A poster from here the other day wished cancer on the President. That was shameful and sad, imo.

Last edited by fitzy24; 08-14-2015 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-14-2015, 12:22 PM

7,614 posts, read 11,455,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Whoever "Debbie Schlussel" is, made an unclassy tweet.

The FoxNews tweet in context isn't bad, it wasn't referencing his cancer, the person sending it might not even have known he had it.
I agree.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 PM

4,646 posts, read 2,286,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post

Where exactly in that tweet is anyone applauding his cancer?
Yea, I thought the same exact thing. A non-story.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 PM

16,913 posts, read 11,803,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I have to say, of all the disgraceful mud slinging lately between BOTH parties, this is just grotesque!

I have no idea if this is a credible site or not, but they do capture the actual Tweets.

Angry Twitter users hammer Fox News for insulting Jimmy Carter on day he announced cancer diagnosis

Disclaimer - I can't stand Carter's legacy, but this is beyond the pale.
A stretch, anything to discredit FOX.

Hey, how about that Cheyney and his heart problems.....now that is unabashed hatred from the same people who look for microscopic shards that can be turned into a hate FOX article using a drug induced imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies