Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 12:40 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

This thread was quickly discredited. Nice job, guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I have to say, of all the disgraceful mud slinging lately between BOTH parties, this is just grotesque!

I have no idea if this is a credible site or not, but they do capture the actual Tweets.

Angry Twitter users hammer Fox News for insulting Jimmy Carter on day he announced cancer diagnosis

Disclaimer - I can't stand Carter's legacy, but this is beyond the pale.
I watched the Fox Net work Saturday and Sunday. They were respectful of his Cancer. Now as far as his Policies as President is fair game.

Debbie can be insensitive and Carter has criticized Obama on this deal.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:40 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I have to say, of all the disgraceful mud slinging lately between BOTH parties, this is just grotesque!

I have no idea if this is a credible site or not, but they do capture the actual Tweets.

Angry Twitter users hammer Fox News for insulting Jimmy Carter on day he announced cancer diagnosis

Disclaimer - I can't stand Carter's legacy, but this is beyond the pale.

Good try, no cigar.

I know Liberal clowns just can't help themselves, but Schlussel (whose tweet was HORRIFIC) is in no way affiliated with Fox news. She's made numerous outrageous comments about people on both sides of the aisle....so I'm sure we could find your outraged threads on those if we checked.

And, BTW, enlighten us all as to just how Fox News applauded Carter's cancer. We'll be waiting.

Cue the crickets....

Old 08-20-2015, 05:00 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Default "Why Jimmy Carter is a great American leader "

I'm glad they're writing this kind of thing while he's still alive. It's very strange to me why Republicans malign him so viciously. I can only conclude they hate that he seemed to have more integrity than most presidents. And of course he tried to warn us to curb our oil addiction.

Why Jimmy Carter is a great American leader

The idea of a morally upright outsider cleaning up the nation's capital remains so potent and alluring that 40 years later, it's still the heart of the narrative spun by most of the 2016 presidential candidates.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/17/9163717/jimmy-carter-great-leader-outsider

Old 08-20-2015, 05:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Typical liberal, disagree with someone and YOU HATE THEM. It's amazing you people don't seem to have any understanding of the vast gray area between love and hate. Jimmy Carter has done great things with Habitat for Humanity, but that doesn't change him being a poor president 35 years ago.

Let me guess, you're voting for Hillary while lecturing others about integrity?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Carter was without a doubt the most inept President in modern times. Johnson was a worse president, but that was due to Johnsons corruption.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:08 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm glad they're writing this kind of thing while he's still alive. It's very strange to me why Republicans malign him so viciously. I can only conclude they hate that he seemed to have more integrity than most presidents. And of course he tried to warn us to curb our oil addiction.

The idea of a morally upright outsider cleaning up the nation's capital remains so potent and alluring that 40 years later, it's still the heart of the narrative spun by most of the 2016 presidential candidates.

You are smoking what? Carter had the second worst President in History and Obama has taken first seat to our demise as a country.

Poor National Policy:con fused:
High Gas and Gas Lines!
High Taxes:sm ack:
Gave away the Panama Canal and our Bases in Panama!
and the List goes on

Old 08-20-2015, 05:09 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Carter made peace not war. God bless him for it.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:11 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,047 times
Ditto to those posts above - Carter was, until Obama, the worst president this country has had for 100 years or more. He's in the top 5 for worst presidents ever. Yes, he's a nice man, and I am sorry he has cancer, but he is NOT a great american. He ran this country into the ground.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:12 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You are smoking what? Carter had the second worst President in History and Obama has taken first seat to our demise as a country.

Poor National Policy:con fused:
High Gas and Gas Lines!
High Taxes:sm ack:
Gave away the Panama Canal and our Bases in Panama!
and the List goes on
Where would you place W on this list of worst Presidents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies