U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:21 PM
 
12,403 posts, read 3,872,052 times
Reputation: 3764

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That does not address the hypocrisy of the right. Why are conservatives more than willing to single out blacks for being disproportionately represented in some social dysfunction, but are averse to pointing blacks out as disproportionately represented in some social injustice, like police killings or people falsely imprisoned, or racism? It's like you do not want to link one as the cause of the other. Social injustice leads to social dysfunction.
Conservatives do link one as the cause of the other because the former black social dysfunction is the cause of the latter 'social injustice' to any extent the latter happens duh. You liberals have it ass-backwards like usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 PM
 
15,320 posts, read 7,832,301 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have seen a whole lot of "its the white racist system"

exactly what solutions are we talking about that leaders in the African American community are you talking about?
Solutions discussed profusely by black Americans for specific issues and results

  • Out of Wedlock Births - actions to address include marriage encouragement social programs via community centers in black neighborhoods and on social media, there are seminars and conferences held with counseling services that encourage, especially long co-habiting black couples to marry another solution is the use of birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies and especially teen pregnancy. Black teen pregnancy has fallen more than any other demographic and out of wedlock births in 1995 were 63% and now they are 72%, which even though bad is not a huge increase compared to the rates between 1970 and 1995.
  • Crime - there are a TON of community programs geared at reducing crime in black neighborhoods. Crime has decreased in practically all major urban areas with a significant black population since 1970.
  • Education - black families have always encouraged education contrary to false stereotypical portrayals. Black women are the top demographic when it comes to entering college as a result and blacks as a whole have risen in educational statistics over the past 25 years.


Some "leaders" (black people don not have a particular leader FWIW) that speak on these issues are:


Boyce Watkins - who promotes financial independence and marriage as a means of reaching and staying financially stable


Tom Joyner - who is a very famous black radio personality who supports black college students via hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarships annually


Various local leaders in urban communities who promote and/or work for crime reducing programs such as : The Interrupters in Chicago, and the 300 Men Group in Baltimore


There are various black mentoring groups such as the 100 Black Men group (they are in quite a few major metropolitan areas, including Chicago, Atlanta, and Detroit). There is also a 100 Black Women organization.



As stated above, there is not one particular "black leader." There is not one particular "black community" either. Black people live all over the country and issues I face as a black woman may not be relevant to someone in Baltimore or LA who is black. For instance, where I live, we do not have too many issues with police but there are gangs here and I know of 3 groups and the local leaders who are working to curtail gangs, crime, and violence. We also have black businessmen who open "social enterprises" who I know here that are providing outlets for kids to keep them off the street. This is one from my hometown that is doing good things in a predominantly black, low income neighborhood (Soul City Boxing). There are many more like it across the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:34 PM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,862,473 times
Reputation: 4220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am totally for that kind of work.

but that isn't visible. NAACP/Congressional Black Caucus,/ Al Sharpton/ Jessie Jackson et al

tend to believe more government and "its the white racists system" are the only arguments.

When even a black person stands up and says "stop having babies out of wedlock" "get a job" etc, those leaders above shout them down and say they are idiots.


so .... again, where are these solutions? what are they?


As far as whites what have they said? where?

ive seen discussions where its pointed out that blacks make up 13% of the population but 50% of murder etc. all the sudden saying that is racist.

and lets be honest. no white person with national attention is ever going to put their own head on the chopping block and offer anything other than platitidudes.

if a white politician says "black men need to stop killing people' that's purely racist.

Unless a person knows the daily, weekly doings of the NAACP, the black caucus and Al Sharpton.... that person does not know what these entities do or what their main argument is....other than what the media filters to them.

Again, this goes back to my question. Why are whites so quick to single out black dysfunction, despite the fact that dysfunction is not unique to black people, while on the other hand reluctant to single out blacks for victimization because said victimization is not unique to black people? Of course all lives matter in theory, but America has never treated all lives with equal value in practice....in particular...not black lives based upon historical sentencing for crimes etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:39 PM
 
15,320 posts, read 7,832,301 times
Reputation: 7950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am totally for that kind of work.

but that isn't visible. NAACP/Congressional Black Caucus,/ Al Sharpton/ Jessie Jackson et al

tend to believe more government and "its the white racists system" are the only arguments.

When even a black person stands up and says "stop having babies out of wedlock" "get a job" etc, those leaders above shout them down and say they are idiots.


so .... again, where are these solutions? what are they?


As far as whites what have they said? where?

ive seen discussions where its pointed out that blacks make up 13% of the population but 50% of murder etc. all the sudden saying that is racist.

and lets be honest. no white person with national attention is ever going to put their own head on the chopping block and offer anything other than platitidudes.

if a white politician says "black men need to stop killing people' that's purely racist.

As has been shared multiple times on these forums, those organizations are not representative of all black people and on the whole most blacks in this country do find any of them relevant.

People who keep bringing them up, especially "Al and Jesse" IMO are just people who continuously watch and listen to conservative media outlets. Al and Jess are not popular with black people today.

Though, I personally do believe that the NAACP is a useful and needed organization, most people don't know what they do (many whites think they are "racist" or a "terrorist organization" for some reason for example). They are still relevant in regards to court battles and they are the main reason for the decline of segregation. And for mike who I was speaking to earlier, many of the lawyers who assisted in those aims were Jewish. The NAACP Legal Defense Fund is still active but people focus on odd things about the NAACP like Rachel Dolezal (sp?) and not on what they actually do.

For you Ferd - what do you think the NAACP does? Without googling, who is the "leader" of the NAACP and what has he/she said has blamed every social ill of poor blacks in this country on "white racist systems."

I have noticed that many conservative radio talk show hosts in particular frequently mention the NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson and the CBC on occasion. Those of you tuned in to those programs will automatically think that those 4 organizations are all that there is to know about black America. I personally am hopeful that people aren't that dumb. One should ALWAYS question the things people tell them, especially about a group of which they have infrequent contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:41 PM
 
2,919 posts, read 2,781,674 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Unless a person knows the daily, weekly doings of the NAACP, the black caucus and Al Sharpton.... that person does not know what these entities do or what their main argument is....other than what the media filters to them.

Again, this goes back to my question. Why are whites so quick to single out black dysfunction, despite the fact that dysfunction is not unique to black people, while on the other hand reluctant to single out blacks for victimization because said victimization is not unique to black people? Of course all lives matter in theory, but America has never treated all lives with equal value in practice....in particular...not black lives based upon historical sentencing for crimes etc.
With crime sentences i agree with you. Look into those polices and you will find liberals. The circle of get hard on crime brings more crime. Wheres the school of choice so parents can get their kids into better schools, where are the lower business paperwork so blacks can build their own businesses easier? Wheres guns rights so black people can protect themselves from crime? Instead theres free stuff which makes communities dependent on government. Replace black in my statement with poor white and its all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:45 PM
 
12,403 posts, read 3,872,052 times
Reputation: 3764
I'm tired of hearing how we need to make every black equal (or superior) in every way and how anything and everything white keeps blacks from being equal (superior). It's nothing but anti-white racism. Blacks should just leave and live somewhere no whites are, then we'll see it's really whites propping blacks up at other whites' expense.. Funny thing is you can't get away from them, they follow you every where to complain and shoot spitballs at you constantly. It's as about as bad or worse than the Jew vs Palestinian and Arab rivalry. It's got to be in the genes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:52 PM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,862,473 times
Reputation: 4220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm tired of hearing how we need to make every black equal (or superior) in every way and how anything and everything white keeps blacks from being equal (superior). It's nothing but anti-white racism. Blacks should just leave and live somewhere no whites are, then we'll see it's really whites propping blacks up at other whites' expense.. Funny thing is you can't get away from them, they follow you every where to complain and shoot spitballs at you constantly. It's as about as bad or worse than the Jew vs Palestinian and Arab rivalry. It's got to be in the genes.
That quote basically exposes you. You are basically saying that BLACKS ARE INFERIOR and need propping up by whites. Yet, what was the condition of the average white person when whites were all in Europe? The few exploited the masses and hence the masses of whites were downtrodden. White people oppressing white people produced no net gain for white people. It's only when white people found non white people, their lands and resources as well, to oppress, that a net gain for whites resulted, as well as the corollary of a net loss for the people they were oppressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:54 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 1,117,674 times
Reputation: 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I have noticed a pattern among conservatives. They are willing to call out blacks for things negative, but averse for calling out blacks for things positive. For example, conservatives love to make out of wedlock births a "black issue", as well as crime. Yet, conservatives have a problem with "black lives matter", instead, saying that "All lives matter".

It seems that conservatives don't mind qualifying a phenomenon as "black" when it draws negative attention, but do not want to qualify phenomenon as black when its goal is to draw positive attention to an issue. Yes, its true that its not ONLY blacks being killed by the police...and hence "All lives matter", but its equally true that not only blacks are having kids out of wedlock and committing crimes, yet, conservatives find it ok to single out blacks for those phenomenon.
I have only read your post here. Maybe conservatives avoid "all lives matter" because of what the blacks did to the Dims when they said it. And since you "noticed a pattern" ... did you notice that the Dims haven't said "all lives matter" since. Hmmm ...

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 01:55 PM
 
12,403 posts, read 3,872,052 times
Reputation: 3764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That quote basically exposes you. You are basically saying that BLACKS ARE INFERIOR and need propping up by whites. Yet, what was the condition of the average white person when whites were all in Europe? The few exploited the masses and hence the masses of whites were downtrodden. White people oppressing white people produced no net gain for white people. It's only when white people found non white people, their lands and resources as well, to oppress, that a net gain for whites resulted, as well as the corollary of a net loss for the people they were oppressing.
Yes you are partly right except whites did good in 1950s America and moder day Europe. White and jewish elites use black and other non-white people to oppress white people. It's a win-win for everyone but the non-elite whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Here.
13,824 posts, read 12,591,782 times
Reputation: 16219
Residinghere2007, thank you for your honest and insightful posts. I wonder, though, if you consider your viewpoints representative of most other black people? It seems to me that black people have more stereotypical views of themselves than whites do of them. I believe you even acknowledged that you too once fell for this stereotypical ideology.

I honestly believe it is black people's inferiority complex that is holding them back, not the supposed inferior perceptions that whites have of blacks. Take for instance black people calling each other the n-word. Listen to the dehumaning lyrics in rap music. Black politicians and celebrities largely turn their backs on the black people in the ghettoes. Maybe it is something deeply rooted in the black culture? Not to mention that most slaves that came to America were first enslaved by their own people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top