U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 03:42 PM

16,284 posts, read 9,118,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because they were too responsible????

What does that even mean?

You can talk about anything you want to. When you judge a large group of people, on very limited information, and with an agenda to boot, you may get challenged.

DC, calm down. it was a rhetorical question meant to point out the absurdity of the statement I quoted.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:55 PM

19,924 posts, read 14,242,533 times
Quote:
A YEAR in a neonatal intensive care unit. How much did that cost?
Why would Liberals suddenly care about costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The chance of surviving at 23 weeks is slim and requires extraordinary care.
Same for Welfare pukes. What about it?

They can't go for more than 23 weeks without Food Stamps and cell-phone subsidies and housing subsidies and healthcare subsidies, etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
A fetus is simply not viable enough at that stage.
Tell us again why we cannot abort the homeless and other useless morons sucking up housing subsidies and Food Stamps and cell-phones and everything else at tax-payer expense?

They're not viable outside the womb, either.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:10 PM

13,831 posts, read 14,659,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I answered that.

implantation. which leaves room for morning after pill.

I see it slightly differently than most people articulate.

I believe in protecting the innocent. Where a woman has been mistreated, she deserves protection. she is the innocent victim. Where that is not in play the baby is the innocent.
in other words when the woman has consensual sex and gets pregnant she shouldn't be able to abort. tell me why is it your business what Debbie the dental asst. down at the local dentist office, sex life any of your business? why do you feel the need to protect the "innocent" she may have in her womb?

it is a woman's right to control her own reproduction as she see's fit. according to her moral code not yours.

woe=men are sexual beings just as a man we are allowed to have sex unprotected or not. we have choice. if we have an unplanned pregnancy, no matter how it was conceived, mistreated or not. using BC or not we can give birth, have an abortion or we can go with adoption. what ever our choice, we do not need you to "protect what you perceive as innocent"

Old 08-13-2015, 04:18 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,852,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
When did you stop?

Quote:

They can't go for more than 23 weeks without Food Stamps and cell-phone subsidies and housing subsidies and healthcare subsidies, etc etc etc.
Yes yes, we get it, spare no expenses on saving the unborn, but once they're born...well who cares right?

Quote:
Tell us again why we cannot abort the homeless and other useless morons sucking up housing subsidies and Food Stamps and cell-phones and everything else at tax-payer expense?

Weird....the average stay on food stamps is under 10 months. Hmmm....almost like many who are receiving it get out of it somehow.....

But still....look at your concern for the unborn, and the hatred of them afterwards. How do you manage to hold such fascinating views?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:08 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,110,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so all the people that made the responsible choice to not have insufficiently protected sex don't get to talk about the subject because they were too responsible?

?

?

??
No, they don't get to talk about it because they were never placed in a situation where abortion may be an option. It's always easy to tell other people what you would do when you aren't the one facing that choice. Plenty of pro choice people decide they can't go through with an abortion and plenty of anti abortion people decide that they have to have one. It's not the black and white situation that your side makes it out to be.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Why are you under the assumption that I care? It makes you look foolish to blindly throw out accusations when you know nothing about my positions.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:17 PM

20,357 posts, read 13,883,820 times
Quote:
No one wakes up in the morning thinking, "hey, wouldn't it be great to get pregnant today, and to get an abortion next month!" Abortions are not something that women want. But to have control of your life, to make decisions about your life and body, and to have those decisions respected, yeah, I want that, and I think most women do.
How do you think a woman gets pregnant? You act as if they have no control over getting pregnant. They have control, they make the decision to have sex, or not. They also have the control to use birth control.

And no, I'm not referring to cases of rape or incest.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:19 PM

1,603 posts, read 891,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Ok, obviously you are incapable of understanding basic thought.

No, you can't. What you would be doing in this case is illegal. Abortion is not illegal.

Again, if you care so much, why not go out and adopt the unwanted kids? Foster them? Donate money to help the mothers? Oh that's right, you people only care about a fetus/kid UNTIL it is born! After that, you don't want to help at all.

If the mother has an abortion she's a murderer, but if she has the kid and can't afford to raise the kid, she's a deadbeat. That is the right's logic.

So, what do you do, other than whine on message boards, to help out these children?
Ok, so me and three other guys can't do it. Fine.

Can I sit down with 300 guys ahead of time?

We'll call ourselves a government and then give ourselves the power via a law we pass to really beat you into the ground and steal from you to help my poor, now quite critical Aunt Tilly?

Is it OK now?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How do you think a woman gets pregnant? You act as if they have no control over getting pregnant. They have control, they make the decision to have sex, or not. They also have the control to use birth control.

And no, I'm not referring to cases of rape or incest.
They do, and they also have the choice to get an abortion. It's rather circular argument isn't it?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Ok, so me and three other guys can't do it. Fine.

Can I sit down with 300 guys ahead of time?

We'll call ourselves a government and then give ourselves the power via a law we pass to really beat you into the ground and steal from you to help my poor, now quite critical Aunt Tilly?

Is it OK now?
Dude, give it up. It wasn't interesting twenty posts back when you first started it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies