U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 06:42 AM

21,569 posts, read 11,628,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yes, education that about using birth control. Very few of them care what the anti abortion position on the matter is. Using an archaic religious belief as justification on why abortions should not happen is the ultimate ignorant option. There is really nothing dumber.
In your mind that's true, yes.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:42 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,118,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Really? I tell you what, when "science" can figure out how to regrow hair, just regrow hair..not something complicated like what causes a cold or how to cure it...just regrow hair..then maybe they will be slightly qualified enough to determine when a human being should be considered human.

This justifying murdering babies in the womb is mass insanity.
Researchers discover trick to regrowing lost hair - LA Times

Old 08-14-2015, 06:57 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,267,088 times
I am pro choice to the end .
I don't want children so I use birth control pills and the men must wear condoms or no sex.
I am probably going to get myself sterilized when I get my own insurance.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:20 AM

40,160 posts, read 24,381,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They can also behave recklessly, with unprotected sex,promiscuous sex, and not bother with birth control, and use free abortion clinics as birth control.
What free abortion clinics?

Abortions are expensive. They are invasive and traumatic. They can be extremely difficult to obtain in some states since there are fewer and fewer providers. No one uses abortion clinics as birth control. EVERY other form of birth control is cheaper and far easier to obtain. EVERY SINGLE FORM. CHEAPER and EASIER. People don't choose abortion as birth control. They do make mistakes. And birth control fails. EVERY kind of birth control fails. If they fail 96-99% of the time, and millions of people are having sex every day, then some people are going to get pregnant even though they used birth control and used it properly. And some people are going to make mistakes, and not use birth control properly. Women will forget to take the pill. A condom may be applied in a slipshod manner. Some people may just get so carried away by passion that they forget to use birth control at all. It happens. MILLIONS of people have sex every day.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
A 12-week old baby wasn't hit by a motorcycle. This isn't a baby? If it isn't, what is it?

YOUR PREGNANCY - 12 WEEKS

Your pregnancy: 12 weeks | BabyCenter
Fetuses aren't babies. That photo isn't a baby. It's a fetus. Fetuses develop into babies. A heartbeat doesn't mean that something is alive. That's why my uncle was removed from life support. He had a heartbeat. He didn't have a functioning brain. Who we are, our sentience, is in our brain. If a brain hasn't developed to the point of sentience, then there is no one home. NO ONE. NOT A PERSON. NOT A BABY.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:38 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,306,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Fetuses aren't babies. That photo isn't a baby. It's a fetus. Fetuses develop into babies. A heartbeat doesn't mean that something is alive. That's why my uncle was removed from life support. He had a heartbeat. He didn't have a functioning brain. Who we are, our sentience, is in our brain. If a brain hasn't developed to the point of sentience, then there is no one home. NO ONE. NOT A PERSON. NOT A BABY.
Typing in caps? Looks like the poster hit a nerve with you and you are trying desperately to rationalize the brutality of an abortion.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Or how about using birth control!?!? and/or a little bit of restraint?!? I place the utmost value on human life but at the same time I dont think that having a child is a right that the rest of us should subsidize, especially in todays world where overpopulation is the biggest threat to our survival as a species. I grew up with very little money and focused on career and education so I could get a job that paid well as a way to break that cycle. And used inconvenient birth control methods and even said no to sex a few times to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. Everybody wants to do whatever they want when they want without any moral, emotional, or financial consequences.
OMG. Just about EVERY WOMAN on this planet has used inconvenient birth control methods and even said no to sex a few times. MILLIONS of people have sex every day. Every day, millions of sex acts could result in pregnancy. People use birth control methods. NO birth control method is 100%. NONE. Even tubal ligations and vasectomies fail about 1% of the time. MILLIONS of people have sex. Daily. Using birth control methods that fail. Some of the MILLIONS of people having sex are going to get pregnant unintentionally. And those people have a right, even an obligation, to consider what the impact of that pregnancy and having a child will have on them and those who depend on them. It's not "do whatever they want when they want without consequences." An Abortion is a Consequence. It's not free, it's not easy, it's not fun. It's a consequence. Having A Baby is a Consequence. It's not free, it's not easy, and it's not fun. When people face consequences, they often have a choice as to which consequence they can deal with. You speed, you can pay the ticket and move on, or you can go to court and fight the ticket. You gain weight, and you can choose to live with it, get fatter, or change your lifestyle to lose the weight. Choices aren't bad things.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Again, you are using exceptions to discredit those who have strong feelings about abortion. Many of us would never want to see someone die because of child birth, but also we know, the chances of a mothers life be in danger is so rare it probably has no statistics, Even most, obviously not you, who are pro choice do not believe in late term abortion. If the % is so low, like you claim why do you really care?

I will say, obviously there is a huge split on how we view abortion. I, for one, though I consider myself pro life, do see exceptions and no, I do not want to see Roe versus Wade overturned. I am just sorry it was ever the law. You can go ahead and claim these are not babies, even when they have reached a stage where they can breath and exist on their own, that is the law and your choice, but for God's sake, do understand, there are many alternatives to abortion.
Do you think the pro-life people are using exceptions to discredit those who have strong feelings about abortion? Don't you think that if only 1% of abortions are late-term abortions, and 99% of that 1% are because of fetal abnormalities or health concerns for the woman, that .01% of all abortions would probably be considered exceptions? You just used the exceptions ("they have reached a stage where they can breath and exist on their own"----those are the exceptions) to try to make your argument. But you criticize someone else as using "exceptions", when their "exceptions" are far more common. FAR MORE COMMON.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Typing in caps? Looks like the poster hit a nerve with you and you are trying desperately to rationalize the brutality of an abortion.
Yes, emphasis is inevitably a sign of desperation (sarcasm). In the eyes of someone who is desperate and unable to refute someone else's argument. Then attacking the person instead of the argument is very satisfying, isn't it?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:19 AM

624 posts, read 300,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And yet here we have threads about how abortions should be banned, especially after 20 weeks when the facts show that women who are having abortions at that point aren't doing it because they just don't want to give birth to a baby.

This is no lie, this is the fact that the "pro-life" anti-choice crowd keeps crowing.
You are lying, as usual.

You tend to avoid real honest discussion, and instead create lies and attack those instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies