Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 10:02 AM

624 posts, read 379,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I am pointing out who exactly the anti-choice crowd wants to take that choice away from.

No. You're trying to change the subject and assign a different motivation to pro-choice people.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:03 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not one who feels, any of those, but I do think aborting except in rare situations is selfish. Why can these women not carry their babies and place them for adoption? Do most of you have any idea how many couples or even singles are waiting for infants to adopt and the cost of adoption today? With that I think. I will just bow out of this converstation. I think there really isn't much more to say. the subject has been discussed over and over for years.

See, there is one of the issues. You have couples looking for INFANTS. On top of that, they only want certain race or gender INFANTS. What about the thousands and thousands of kids that are no longer infants? The non-white kids who tend to get looked over? Also, the cost. Make it to where a family doesn't have to sell an organ to adopt, and you would have a lot more kids adopted. Without abortion, you could add another million to the system who will never get adopted. Does that make it right? Not necessarily, but it is still the woman's choice.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:03 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
So you are upset about early term abortions that happen when the fetus or embryo is less that 12 weeks in development.....if that is the case, then I will side against you because it is ALWAYS going to be the woman's right if she wishes to have that embryo grow inside her, no one else should have that control.
upset?

I thought we were having a rational discussion?

Certainly that has been articulated between some of us here.

The fact is I am advocating for the innocent. whomever that might be. sometimes its the woman who is pregnant. more often it is the baby in the womb.

lets review where we find extremism.
1. those who want to suggest that even birth control is wrong. (not me!)
2. Those who believe all abortion up to and including the last day of pregnancy for any or no reason.

1. has virtually no one that believes that way.
2. has the entire democrat party... its in their party platform...

you tell me where the majority of the extremists are?

and I didn't bring up the notion that pro-life people want to force women to go thru with pregnancies that will harm them. you did. I just pointed out that is incorrect. This thread has been quite clear on the point.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
No. You're trying to change the subject and assign a different motivation to pro-choice people.
No, I am just stating the obvious and you keep trying to pretend it isn't true....and the subject is still about abortion, no one has tried to change the topic.

Also, the motivation of the pro-choice people is to let the choice be up to the woman to make, and not everyone else.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think the selfish argument falls under the immoral umbrella. Selflessness is a moral characteristic, isn't it?
yes selflessness is a moral characteristic

like when you are pregnant and you make the choice to have a baby that might cause you financial harm... but you have the baby anyway. very very very moral.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
upset?

The fact is I am advocating for the innocent. whomever that might be. sometimes its the woman who is pregnant. more often it is the baby in the womb.

2. Those who believe all abortion up to and including the last day of pregnancy for any or no reason.

and I didn't bring up the notion that pro-life people want to force women to go thru with pregnancies that will harm them. you did. I just pointed out that is incorrect. This thread has been quite clear on the point.
Wrong. If you think ALL Democrats think you can abort a baby the day before the mother is set to induce, (Yes, that would be rare of course, but if you don't get what I mean...) you are either very dense, or very naïve. Stop watching Fox News.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
No, I am just stating the obvious and you keep trying to pretend it isn't true....and the subject is still about abortion, no one has tried to change the topic.

Also, the motivation of the pro-choice people is to let the choice be up to the woman to make, and not everyone else.
you sure like to speak for everyone else.

even when the evidence doesn't support your speaking.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Says the guy "speaking for" the entire Democratic party? That was good for a laugh, thank you.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
upset?

Of course I brought that up because that was something anti-choice people were trying to skate around when saying abortions past 20 weeks should be illegal. You must have missed that....

The majority of the extremists tend to be on the internet whining about how abortion should be illegal and how women who have them are murderers......I thought that one was obvious....

Old 08-14-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Um, no, quite the opposite, I am saying women should be able to speak for themselves and make their own decisions without having to be told what they can and cannot do with their own bodies by everyone else.

You seem to be the one trying to speak for everyone else....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies