Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:54 PM
chh

420 posts, read 653,178 times

Advertisements

I'm about as liberal as you can get and I don't support Hillary because she's pretty much a mouthpiece for corporations, charisma has nothing to do with it. I support Bernie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 04:30 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Bernie is a crazy.

What is it with both the right and left giving us crazies as candidates? If Trump ends up being nominee on the right and Bernie on the left, I'm not voting this time around. This isn't about choosing the lesser of the 2 evils anymore. It's becoming choosing between 2 crazies.
In all honesty, distasteful as Trump is to me, I don't think he's crazy. He's just a narcissistic jerk who loves to push buttons and be the center of attention. I don't think we should toss pejoratives around so easily. It produces heat rather than light. I can make a case for Trump being the last person I'd want to see in the presidency, but it doesn't involve questioning his mental health. Frankly, Trump's conduct would be an insult to the mentally ill.

As for Bernie, if your issue with him is that you don't think his policies are realistic or workable or beneficial, that is something we can engage about. But all this bug-eyed talk about "crazy" doesn't build credibility for your position. Bernie is a good and decent man with the courage of his convictions. He's unaffected and honest. He's clear and unambiguous in his positions. Let us discuss his positions, and if you have substantive arguments against his positions, you have no need of ad hominem attacks that he doesn't deserve.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:33 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Some people are just really naive, they fight tooth and nail, scream at the top of their lungs on how Bush is going to revitalize our country and if Clinton wins, our country will explode and vice versa. These people don't understand they are the same thing, they have essentially the same donors, the direction of the country will be exactly the same. The only difference is the appearance and words, but what will actually happen is nothing different.
This is exactly why Bernie is completely different.

He's the only candidate who won't take super-PAC $$, for example.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:54 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Thanks for the reply, very understandable. We as a country are in a very bad place. To me, Trump and Sanders seem to rise to the top, although for every one smart thing Trump says, he blurts out five other ridiculous things. Sanders seems to say some pretty common sense things, but to be honest I don't know too much about him or his past.
LOL you nailed it on Trump! Just when I think...ok he's making sense, he says something really stupid.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Serious question. What has she said or done that makes want to support her? It seems like the dems just take her side simply because she's a woman and she's running as a democrat.
They choose to support someone who would deliberately break rules and violate National Security Policy - clearly they think that is just Hunky-Dory. They also think it's fine to "sell out" US National Interests for MONEY to the Clinton Slush Fund. Different strokes for Different Folks.

There are a lot of people that just don't like this Country and are perfectly fine with destroying hard drives, LIES and tossing National interests under the bus.

Hillary Clinton on the Sanctity of Protecting Classified Information |Glenn Greenwald

Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Well I used to be registered as a dem, but was not and am now by no means a yellow dog anything.

Hillary is starting to implode.
Too many skeletons in her closet, and nobody I know trusts her.
And I live in Portland, Oregon, if that means anything.
Sanders is super strong here.

I predict that the dem nominee will be Biden, but I think a republican will win.
Which one, I don't know yet.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:04 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Can you explain why a republican would support any Republican who wants to stop a woman from choosing what best suits her ? Why do republican men want to fiddle with women's choices? Are you going to support her child until it's 18? I doubt it! Republicans are against abortions but for the death penalty, go figure....

Old 08-13-2015, 05:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Well I used to be registered as a dem, but was not and am now by no means a yellow dog.

Hillary is starting to implode.
Too many skeletons in her closet, and nobody I know trusts her.
And I live in Portland, Oregon, if that means anything.
Sanders is super strong here.

I predict that the dem nominee will be Biden, but I think a republican will win.
Which one, I don't know yet.
I like Biden a lot, Bernie is some serious competition though. Hillaries main positive is....she is still better then any of the Republican candidates....and thats horrifying.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:06 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
When compared to the clown bus that is the Republican Party these days, being a breathing Democrat is more than enough qualification for me to support Clinton.
You have got to be kidding!

So you think a woman who has demonstrated to be devoid of any sense of ethics, morality and believes that laws do not apply to her is the best choice for POTUS????

If you still support Hillary after she "cleaned" her servers, you clearly just a liberal partisan who would vote for ANY lib, even if they are a career criminal who seeks only personal gain and power through the office.

Are you really that far gone?

SHE DELETED THE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE FROM THE SERVER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2015, 05:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I like Biden a lot, Bernie is some serious competition though. Hillaries main positive is....she is still better then any of the Republican candidates....and thats horrifying.

How do we really know what any one of the Republican candidates are really capable of, though?

We may have the next Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, or Eisenhower in the line-up and don't know it.

At least there are many to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies