Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times

Advertisements

Serious question. What has she said or done that makes want to support her? It seems like the dems just take her side simply because she's a woman and she's running as a democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 10:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
She is the best candidate the Democrats can put up, even as bad as she is, with all her many failings, and the Democrats have no bench.

It is Hillary or the Republican nominee. Case closed.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Because they are yellow dog democrats.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:53 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Most of the Democrats I know now support Bernie, including myself.

However, if it comes down to any of the current Republicans running or Hillary, the clear and obvious choice is Hillary. Based on their performance at the debates, there is not a single Republican in the election who will bring this country forward. The GOP is running schoolyard bullies like Donald Trump and men who fantasize about the 1950s like Huckabee, Cruz, and Walker.

I really don't want it to come down to a dynastic Bush v. Clinton, but since we're talking about the political machine, the choice between the two is incredibly easy. The choice between Trump v. Clinton is even easier.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Serious question. What has she said or done that makes want to support her? It seems like the dems just take her side simply because she's a woman and she's running as a democrat.
Because she isn't a Republican who are against same-sex marriage, abortions, closing corporate tax loop holes, planned parenthood, stem cell research, going back to a full scale war in Iraq and possibly Iran etc. I think Clinton is a compulsive liar, but when it comes to these things, supporters can count on her or any democrat (well maybe not closing loop holes because every election they promise to do this and they never do, probably because they are in the pockets of these corporations too).

I would support Sanders or Biden over Clinton any day.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Because they like seeing the right squirm at the prospect of her being Empress for 8 years .

Old 08-13-2015, 10:58 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Most of the Democrats I know now support Bernie, including myself.

However, if it comes down to any of the current Republicans running or Hillary, the clear and obvious choice is Hillary. Based on their performance at the debates, there is not a single Republican in the election who will bring this country forward. The GOP is running schoolyard bullies like Donald Trump and men who fantasize about the 1950s like Huckabee, Cruz, and Walker.

I really don't want it to come down to a dynastic Bush v. Clinton, but since we're talking about the political machine, the choice between the two is incredibly easy. The choice between Trump v. Clinton is even easier.
That reasoning is usually a loser at election time. Republicans have lost with the our candidate is better than the democratic candidate so we will vote.. And stayed home for romney and mccain. If you cant say why you support someone other than the lesser of 2 evils your side will lose. Unless the other side does same thing.. Bush vs clinton is exactly that.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:00 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Because she isn't a Republican who are against same-sex marriage, abortions, closing corporate tax loop holes, planned parenthood, stem cell research, going back to a full scale war in Iraq and possibly Iran etc. I think Clinton is a compulsive liar, but when it comes to these things, supporters can count on her or any democrat (well maybe not closing loop holes because every election they promise to do this and they never do, probably because they are in the pockets of these corporations too).

I would support Sanders or Biden over Clinton any day.
I would argue that Hillary's support for same sex marriage is vague at best. If she's said she supports it, it's because the's running for president. Five years ago, she'd say it's a state's choice. I'd also argue she's not really against fighting political and corporate corruption. Also, she was the secretary of state under Obama's first term and frankly, I don't think you could find a more intrusive candidate in terms of foreign policy and war politics.

Hillary's questionable at best. If it came down to her and Trump, I'd pick her (or a third party more likely), but aside from Trump (as well as Chris Christie and Scott Walker), most of the GOP is fairly competitive against Hillary in terms of my vote. I'd probably pick Rand over Hillary, maybe even Kasich. The others, I'd have to think about.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:03 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I would argue that Hillary's support for same sex marriage is vague at best. If she's said she supports it, it's because the's running for president. Five years ago, she'd say it's a state's choice. I'd also argue she's not really against fighting political and corporate corruption. Also, she was the secretary of state under Obama's first term and frankly, I don't think you could find a more intrusive candidate in terms of foreign policy and war politics.

Hillary's questionable at best. If it came down to her and Trump, I'd pick her (or a third party more likely), but aside from Trump (as well as Chris Christie and Scott Walker), most of the GOP is fairly competitive against Hillary in terms of my vote. I'd probably pick Rand over Hillary, maybe even Kasich. The others, I'd have to think about.
While you have a point, I'm certain she won't try to overturn same-sex marriage or fight it at this point. I also mentioned Democrats promise to fight loop holes, but they never do because they get big donations from them.

The only GOP candidates I would consider is Trump, maybe Rand Paul, but if he wasn't the son of Ron Paul, I probably wouldn't even look twice at him.

As of now I'm hoping to at least have Sanders or Trump in the election.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:05 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
That reasoning is usually a loser at election time. Republicans have lost with the our candidate is better than the democratic candidate so we will vote.. And stayed home for romney and mccain. If you cant say why you support someone other than the lesser of 2 evils your side will lose. Unless the other side does same thing.. Bush vs clinton is exactly that.
Everyone loses if it's Bush v. Clinton. There is no good reason to elect either of them.

What I can say about Hillary is that her political positions are my political positions. She is right on the issues, but she is wrong personally and ethically. None of the Republicans promote views or moral values that would allow me to look in the mirror if they were values we shared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies