Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 06:43 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,077,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Your first comments are fair, not so much after.

Why not try an delete it as best as you can yourself before trusting someone else with it?

We are talking about erasing emails not heavy construction.

Let me guess, you are on Team Hillary and are fine with it?
Well, I'd like to get the facts before I condemn anyone. I am sure we will get the facts through FBI/DOJ investigations and the likely 8-9 Congressional investigations that the Republicans will undoubtedly conduct for good soundbites on TV.

First, the State Department has said that John Kerry is the first Secretary of State to use the .gov email address for official business. Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell, among others, have used their personal email for official business, and at least Gen. Powell has publicly said that he had destroyed the emails in his personal account containing official matters. So, using a non-State Department email, or even destroying at least personal emails, are apparently okay per the precedents.

So, the question is whether Hillary lied during the course of the investigation, and whether she knowingly or intentionally sent or received any classified information. We know that some information was reclassified after the fact in connection with its release to the public. I would think that any criminal liability with respect to classified information would attach only if there was an intent to or, at least knowledge (i.e.,"mens rea") of, transmitting something classified.

Yes, a two year old kid can delete an email. But clearly Hillary wanted her emails (at least the private ones) to be gone permanently. Unless she is dumb, any 68 year-old female senior of means would have a professional wipe the server hard drive at a military grade level, instead of doing it DIY. She's not as dumb as you think.

I am not on Team Hillary, I am on Team No-GOP. That is true especially because I don't want one party to control the House, the Senate, the White House and the SCOTUS. There will be absolutely no checks and balances, look at 2009-2010 (sans the SCOTUS). I don't care if she gets thrown under the bus for a better chance of Democratic win, but I must confess that I would love to have Bill in the White House again, working on issues with Hillary, almost like a co-President.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,077,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I have no doubt you are correct, however once her tech experts are put on the stand facing federal conspiracy charges, they will be singing the sweetest song you ever hear.
All of her inner circle will soon be turning on the old girl to save themselves... Some of her closest allies may be willing to go to jail for her, but once one starts talking, the dam is going to break and she will be washed away in the deluge..
But IT experts performing a wipe is not going to be reading emails on the server, and I am sure Hillary or her staff didn't admit to them any evil intent. I bet it was more like, "Hi, can you erase this hard drive with a military grade wipe? Period."

I agree with you, however, that there may be damaging witnesses who might not necessarily be able to establish criminal liability but are nonetheless able to damage her credibility to the American electorate.

Mick

Old 08-13-2015, 07:02 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,670,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Read the excellent and entertaining Blood Feud by Edward Klein and you might realign your thinking. I tend to think that there is still a feud between the Obamas and Clintons. Bill in particular will never get over being race-baited in South Carolina in 2008. This puts Pres Obama, as overseer of the DOJ and FBI, in the position of potentially deciding Hillary's fate. Obama has proven very adept at these kinds of executive branch power plays. See Fast and Furious, Lois Lerner and the IRS, etc.

I think it's 50/50 whether he would decide to hang Hillary out to dry. He might prefer Sanders, or even work behind the scenes to get Warren in the race.

Great book, read it in one night. Obama has no loyalty, especially toward the Clintons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies