U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-17-2015, 01:01 PM
 
66,561 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Reputation: 8688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
SHOCKINGLY scary?

The ACA is the law of the land, right? Fact -- scary or not!
And you really believe the ACA is "universal health care?" Seriously?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
There IS now universal health care as the law of the land in the United States -- fact.
^ Exhibit A: the typical Obama voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2015, 01:09 PM
 
66,561 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Reputation: 8688
Given the simply STUNNING admission by And D that s/he believes the ACA is "universal health care," how many others have been duped by Obama and the Dems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 01:27 PM
 
659 posts, read 250,664 times
Reputation: 65
FOR THE RECORD.

Immediately following the comment posted that included just three links related to income inequality, and the comment, "You must be a proponent of all of the above..." I explained not only why this was REALLY bad reason and logic but also that it was yet another straw man argument (ie, not an argument with anything I actually wrote).

I also went on to explain a bit about the issue of income inequality.

Rather than take a moment to consider any of that and at least stay on point, you instead simply just move right along and later ADD a bunch more to the argument as if it was there all along, as if this makes the original bad reason and logic any better.

My how well we can create our own arguments, no matter how nonsensible and our own realities too, without looking back or even a second thought.

Never fails to amaze me...

Last edited by And D; 08-17-2015 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 01:41 PM
 
659 posts, read 250,664 times
Reputation: 65
The ACA: Call it what you will...

Key Features of the Affordable Care Act

On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law put in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that put consumers back in charge of their health care. A new wave of powerful evidence points to one clear conclusion: The Affordable Care Act is working to make health care more affordable, accessible and of a higher quality, for families, seniors, businesses, and taxpayers alike. This includes previously uninsured Americans, and Americans who had insurance that didn’t provide them adequate coverage and security. Click here for an overview of the key features of the Affordable Care Act.

Getting back to THE POINT (if possible), what I believe and/or what determines whether Obama is a good or bad president is more than the status of income inequality in America. Obama is responsible for the passage of the ACA, for example, and a good deal more. Three simple links of information about income inequality cannot nor should not be proposed as "what I believe" or what determines the good or bad of any president.

Plain, simple and factual that no amount of spinning to the contrary will change any...

Last edited by And D; 08-17-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 01:43 PM
 
29,534 posts, read 15,474,272 times
Reputation: 20057
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Politics: what if Americans were more interested in the facts rather than indulging in sensationalism, propaganda and biased rhetoric? Which way do you lean, vote, and why? Facts and sound reason, please to the extent possible, critical thinking. For all the rest, there is always Fox news.
I love how a post that is supposedly about facts and not rhetoric is just rhetoric.

Oh the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 02:23 PM
 
66,561 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Reputation: 8688
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
The ACA: Call it what you will...
It is NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, "universal health care." The fact that you believe that it is shows us all that your opinions on anything are extremely questionable, to say the least.

Anyone else want to step forward and say that they, too, believe the ACA is "universal health care?"

...Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 02:27 PM
 
66,561 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Reputation: 8688
About that supposed ACA "universal health care"...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/15...referrer=&_r=0

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 03:42 PM
 
659 posts, read 250,664 times
Reputation: 65
PedroMartinez,

I wish I could say differently, but of course you are right. Also of course the irony is obvious, comic in fact!

All I can think to reply in defense is I tried! Failed, but tried!

Also for anyone who might have the patience to work through all the rhetoric, spin doctoring and straw man arguments, this thread is laced with a few bonafide facts, some that I have provided and some from a select few others too.

Unfortunately, all the rhetoric tends to have us spinning around in circles, something like all the gray matter in our brains that somehow manages to produce some actual critical thinking here and there.

Fact is, confirmation bias is just too strong an impediment to any reasonably balance or intelligent exchange in a forum like this.

I am always with fingers crossed and hopeful that someone will prove otherwise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 03:48 PM
 
659 posts, read 250,664 times
Reputation: 65
"Anyone else want to step forward and say that they, too, believe the ACA is "universal health care?" "

I for one am willing to move on rather than continue down YOUR path and belabor a point that is all your own, well off from where you started.

Okay, how about I admit I should have been more specific and only referred to the ACA as the ACA rather than universal health care? Would that stop your dead horse beating here? Would you be able to move on and allow the rest of us to do the same?

If we could do that, we can all also ignore how you originally began this argument of yours that was about Obama and income inequality and what I "must" believe. I notice you sure have been intent to move on from there, no matter what direction!

I should have known better then, and I should know better now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 03:51 PM
 
Location: USA
19,838 posts, read 14,724,130 times
Reputation: 12788
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
The ACA: Call it what you will...

Key Features of the Affordable Care Act

On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law put in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that put consumers back in charge of their health care. A new wave of powerful evidence points to one clear conclusion: The Affordable Care Act is working to make health care more affordable, accessible and of a higher quality, for families, seniors, businesses, and taxpayers alike. This includes previously uninsured Americans, and Americans who had insurance that didnít provide them adequate coverage and security. Click here for an overview of the key features of the Affordable Care Act.

Getting back to THE POINT (if possible), what I believe and/or what determines whether Obama is a good or bad president is more than the status of income inequality in America. Obama is responsible for the passage of the ACA, for example, and a good deal more. Three simple links of information about income inequality cannot nor should not be proposed as "what I believe" or what determines the good or bad of any president.

Plain, simple and factual that no amount of spinning to the contrary will change any...
I get my information straight from the horses mouth.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top