Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
There is no fact. Only opinion.
There actually are facts. Here's one:

Income Inequality Worse Under Obama Than George W. Bush

The source is Huffington Post.

Another source confirm that fact:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/bu...ster.html?_r=0

And this fact is also intresting, given the rhetoric coming from the left...

Income Inequality Greatest in Blue States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 12:58 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Again, facts please!
Interesting study on factual reporting...

Pew Study Finds MSNBC the Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

Old 08-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
We need to be serious, in order to prevent history from repeating itself. The Jews served as a scapegoat to the problems the Germans were facing due to their post WW1 economy. Jews were vilified for their wealth relative to the rest of the German public and their perceived influence on domestic affairs.

This is a favorite tactic of the left: deflecting blame for failed policies and failed communities by blaming the hard working and wealthier members of our society. It's divisive politics; pitting one class of persons against another. This is exactly the same mentality that led to the Holocaust. I think it's the responsibility of the left -- in particular the more moderate and reasonable members of the left -- to call out their fellow Democrats when these views find their way into the mainstream.
The Jewish people were indeed a scapegoat, Wall Street is not. So even if you did believe it is the same tactic, the target is not the same nor is guilt/innocence.

As for your second argument, The policies you speak of are that of the Republican Party, the economy started tanking in 2005/2006( economic output started to decline in 2005,stalled in 2006) and entered a full blown recession in 2007.

your comment would mean that Democrats are trying to save republicans for taking the blame for their own policies.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
MSNBC does not claim that they dont give opinions

Old 08-14-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There actually are facts. Here's one:

Income Inequality Worse Under Obama Than George W. Bush

The source is Huffington Post.

Another source confirm that fact:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/bu...ster.html?_r=0

And this fact is also intresting, given the rhetoric coming from the left...

Income Inequality Greatest in Blue States
Income inequality is a measure of the distance and size of the classes, not the quality of life.

If my boss makes 900,000 this year, and I make 45,000.

and next year he makes 1,000,000 and i make 65,000.

That means the gap increased, but quality of life changed for me for the better where as he is about the same.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:08 PM

998 posts, read 664,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Jewish people were indeed a scapegoat, Wall Street is not. So even if you did believe it is the same tactic, the target is not the same nor is guilt/innocence.

As for your second argument, The policies you speak of are that of the Republican Party, the economy started tanking in 2005/2006( economic output started to decline in 2005,stalled in 2006) and entered a full blown recession in 2007.

your comment would mean that Democrats are trying to save republicans for taking the blame for their own policies.
At first it's "wall street" and "big money", corporations, etc. But then the narrative begins to subtly shift further to the left. Eventually, people begin to believe it's the jews [or other ethnic, religious group of people] who are pulling the strings. At least some in the Occupy Wall Street movement are honest about their beliefs. Others haven't come to the conclusion yet, but their thought process is similar and just as dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Y9CARUwio

The recession was caused by irresponsible mortgage lending, thanks to policies established by Democrats and Republicans alike in order to get everyone into a home... even those who couldn't afford one or responsible enough to make the payments. So that's not a left or right issue, we can blame our entire government and PC nonsense for that. But that's a whole different rabbit hole to explore...

Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Politics: what if Americans were more interested in the facts rather than indulging in sensationalism, propaganda and biased rhetoric? Which way do you lean, vote, and why? Facts and sound reason, please to the extent possible, critical thinking. For all the rest, there is always Fox news.
Says the leftist who is completely and utterly dependent on rhetoric, emotion and cold blooded deliberate lies. Do you really think informed people buy into your crap for a second?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM

659 posts, read 312,437 times
Right, facts, thanks!

I am not a fan of MSNBC and no, I don't think the issue of extreme wealth distribution has improved any for the common man since Obama took office, but I am encouraged to see the issue raised and addressed for all the right reasons.

Lots of people, like PuddingPops here, will take these issues and concerns and repackage them with rhetoric that makes it sound as if those who have these concerns are somehow not hard-working good Americans. The problems or concerns revolving around the "haves" and "have nots," is nothing new or particularly liberal or conservative!

Why is it, however, that conservatives seem to automatically go blind to these realities and socio-economic problems as if they belong to someone else? Is it because they got theirs and don't care who else didn't or why? Or is it just easier to think in terms of taking care of ourselves rather than pool our resources like we do in so many other ways as a country.

I really don't know, but the rhetoric one way or another is not helping any. If anything tends to be divisive, it is the rhetoric rather than the facts, reason and demand for truth.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:15 PM

659 posts, read 312,437 times
Say, Wanderer, if it weren't me, I would say you are being insulting. Instead, I think you are "throwing stones" and not much else.

I've been trying to promote facts over rhetoric, and I think I have done better than average.

If I have failed in any respects, how about some evidence rather than just unfounded accusations?

What "lies" are you accusing me of telling? And if "cold blooded deliberate lies" is not about the worst extreme of rhetoric we've had here yet, I'm not sure what is!

Step up a bit if you want to throw that sort of mud and at least provide some clue as to what you are talking about.

It would be nice if we could keep this a forum for mature adults.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:24 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I saw a bumper sticker on a car a couple weeks ago that said "FOX NEWS -- CHANGE THE CHANNEL". Why are leftists so upset about FOX NEWS? It's one of the most balanced places to go for political news. I mean, sure, the hosts of their political commentary shows (Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Megyn Kelly) all clearly have a bias to the right (well, maybe not Kelly) but they're all open about that and they feature a lot of representatives on their shows from the left to debate subjects, and they give all participants plenty of talking time and respect their views.

You don't get that from watching mainstream news in this country. If all you watch is ABC/CBS/NBC, etc, you get a liberal host who features the stories he or she wants you to hear, and very little input from the political right.
Fox News has them freaked out because Liberals control all other news in the USA, Canada & Europe. They one that they don't control has got them spooked...especially because so many watch Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies