U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:12 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,791,635 times
Reputation: 2034

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He knows their positions and what they are likely to do before he ever appoints them. Besides, Bernanke had already been an epic failure at the job.
Bernanke became chairman in 2006, hardly enough time to cause the financial meltdown of 2007. Or be more specific at your claim of epic failure.

Quote:
Obama DID NOT have to extend Bush's tax cuts either.
Thought that was part of budget compromise. But, yes he didn't have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:18 PM
 
78,749 posts, read 33,503,872 times
Reputation: 15772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Bernanke became chairman in 2006, hardly enough time to cause the financial meltdown of 2007. Or be more specific at your claim of epic failure.
The blow up happened in 2008 and he was warned it was coming and dismissed those who warned him. If interest rates had been raised in 2006 the damage could have been mitigated.

While also a failure at least Greenspan has owned up to it.

Quote:
Thought that was part of budget compromise. But, yes he didn't have to.
There are many things candidate Obama said he would do that President Obama forgot all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
 
Location: north central Ohio
8,422 posts, read 4,359,888 times
Reputation: 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They protect the wealthy and largest corporations but couldn't care less about the middle class or small business owner.

EXACTLY! All the crooked bankers and wall street thieves should have been sent to prison, instead of bailed out! See any of those S-O-*s paying that money back? Loan, my butt, it was a freakin giveaway!

I have always said "the rich are the parasites of society", they take, take, take, and contribute nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
3,829 posts, read 2,789,957 times
Reputation: 3680
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Because "trickle down" is the most absurd economic concept in history. It has never worked for the benefit of all and never will.
There is no such economic policy. It was made up by the Democrats and the media to try and bash Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,464,694 times
Reputation: 9363
haha, giving this thread some thought.

If taxes are at their "lowest levels", and tax revenues are breaking records, wouldnt this dispute the left wing kook theories that lower taxes dont equal more revenues?

LIBERALS FAIL AGAIN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,791,635 times
Reputation: 2034
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The blow up happened in 2008 and he was warned it was coming and dismissed those who warned him. If interest rates had been raised in 2006 the damage could have been mitigated.
Lol the blow up started in late 2007 and raising the interest rates wouldn't have done a whole lot at the point.

Quote:
While also a failure at least Greenspan has owned up to it.
Well Greenspan was a fan of the specific policies that caused the crash and he was around for a much longer time.


Quote:
There are many things candidate Obama said he would do that President Obama forgot all about.
Ok? That only applies to Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:47 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,791,635 times
Reputation: 2034
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
There is no such economic policy. It was made up by the Democrats and the media to try and bash Reagan.
Supply side is very much a real and has been a conservative economic model since Reagan era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 04:55 PM
 
Location: north central Ohio
8,422 posts, read 4,359,888 times
Reputation: 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
There is no such economic policy. It was made up by the Democrats and the media to try and bash Reagan.

Not quite, "voodoo-economics" was another brain-child of the imbecile Ronald Reagan!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 05:05 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,996,709 times
Reputation: 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Because "trickle down" is the most absurd economic concept in history. It has never worked for the benefit of all and never will.
Agreed up to a point. Trickle down works when the "have nots" DON'T have to compete with immigration from other countries, lots of jobless citizens, big numbers of kids coming of age and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 05:22 PM
 
78,749 posts, read 33,503,872 times
Reputation: 15772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Lol the blow up started in late 2007 and raising the interest rates wouldn't have done a whole lot at the point.
Which isn't what I said was it? Come on, be honest if you want to discuss this.

Quote:
Well Greenspan was a fan of the specific policies that caused the crash and he was around for a much longer time.
Bernanke was a fan and Obama nominated him knowing that.

Quote:
Ok? That only applies to Obama?
It applies to Obama because it is about Obama. No one else was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top