Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:26 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Look at all the Asian majority districts in Hawaii and California. They are the bluest districts in the nation. There have been some high profile Asian Republicans in office, but most have been appointed, won special elections, only a few Asian Americans Republicans have won real elections.

Actually, I would be curious to know how Indians vote, many I know are quite conservative. But from what I understand the thread topic is discussing East Asian, such as Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
I have a lot of Indian friends in California, Texas and Florida. All of them vote for Democrats mainly because they feel isolated among "red necks" who tend to be Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 11:26 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Look at all the Asian majority districts in Hawaii and California. They are the bluest districts in the nation. There have been some high profile Asian Republicans in office, but most have been appointed, won special elections, only a few Asian Americans Republicans have won real elections.

Actually, I would be curious to know how Indians vote, many I know are quite conservative. But from what I understand the thread topic is discussing East Asian, such as Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.
I know lots of Indians. They're definitely not on the liberal side of the aisle, but they don't take Republicans seriously. The anti-intellectualism, rampant racism, and outright rejection of reality has turned off people who would be inclined to side with the Republicans.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:31 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I know lots of Indians. They're definitely not on the liberal side of the aisle, but they don't take Republicans seriously. The anti-intellectualism, rampant racism, and outright rejection of reality has turned off people who would be inclined to side with the Republicans.
Republicans really have an image problem when it comes to minorities and non-hetrosexuals. There are too many bigots within the Republican Party that have projected racism towards these two groups. GOP candidates, while not racist (I believe) don't really talk about race issues, they don't think it's a problem, so there is a disconnect even though many Asians (including Indians) agree with tax and fiscal policies. I know a lot of wonderful Republicans, but there is a sub-category within the party that are very intolerant to anyone who looks or thinks differently.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Even though the leftists interned them during the war?
Exactly. Luckily, the Right came to the rescue and prevented that from happening.

[oh...wait...wut?]

Old 08-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Even though Washington's progressive leftists relocated their aunts and uncles to domestic internment camps during the war?

Like leftists have historically done the world over, for at least a century?
Earl Warren was in no way a leftist.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:38 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Are Americans of Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean ancestry too personally responsible?
I'd say they already have. Look at the Asians who hold office in WA, HI, and CA. They're nearly all Democrats.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:40 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Earl Warren was in no way a leftist.
Roosevelt was. Truman was.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
mm4 - Why not just accept personal responsibility and admit your thread is a FAILURE?

Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Perhaps the most epic thread fail of the year.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Roosevelt was. Truman was.
Either you dont understand why i said Earl Warren or you are side stepping the fact that the person who came up with the idea was both Conservative and a Republican.

you pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies