Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 09:36 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Uhh again no.

If you have a point make it. If you wish to cite your expertise based upon your position expect it to be pointed out that you are a clerical security guy not a head of a major executive dept.
Sigh. What you do not understand is, even if I listed my experience, you would have no clue what the **** I was talking about.

Quote:
Of course I can defend her actions. As SofS she could do what she choose to do with respect to her email service.
Prove it. There has to be a law granting this authority to the Sectary of State. (hint: even she admits she had to get "premission". That should give you a clue that you are wrong.)

Quote:
And if she says it was not classified...it was not classified. You wish to argue with your superior but you have no right to dispute her authority.
This is how I know you would have no clue if I were to tell you about my experience. The SecState does not decide the classification of material produced by the DEA, NSA, CIA, DIA, FBI, ATF, DOD, DOS, DOE or any other three letter organization that produces classified or sensitive information. She is simply not the controlling authority on what's classified or not classified. I do not have to dispute her authority. Its does not exist for me to dispute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Sigh. What you do not understand is, even if I listed my experience, you would have no clue what the **** I was talking about.

Prove it. There has to be a law granting this authority to the Sectary of State. (hint: even she admits she had to get "premission". That should give you a clue that you are wrong.)

This is how I know you would have no clue if I were to tell you about my experience. The SecState does not decide the classification of material produced by the DEA, NSA, CIA, DIA, FBI, ATF, DOD, DOS, DOE or any other three letter organization that produces classified or sensitive information. She is simply not the controlling authority on what's classified or not classified. I do not have to dispute her authority. Its does not exist for me to dispute.
As I said. Your posts indicate a clerical secuirty guy with delusion of grandeur.

There is no statute that deals with the handling of classified material by the SofS. And kit is simply your delusion that she is bound by the decision of other authorities in the handling of security information within the State Dept.

And yes the SofS does determine the classification of any classified material that she encounters in her role at the State Dept. As it must be. And your failure to understand this betrays you lack of knowledge.

Your posts betray that, as appeared likely earlier, have no idea how this actually works.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:47 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
And yes the SofS does determine the classification of any classified material that she encounters in her role at the State Dept. As it must be. And your failure to understand this betrays you lack of knowledge.
As I understand there is protocols in place for certain materials that are automatically classified e.g. correspondence with foreign governments. Control of classified material would only pertain to that originating in the State Department. Anything classified by other agencies like the CIA, DOD, etc. that has been conveyed to the State Dept. can only be declassified by the agency that classified it.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
As I said. Your posts indicate a clerical secuirty guy with delusion of grandeur.
I would actually be insulted, but I'm actually sad and embarrassed at your ignorance on the subject.

Quote:
There is no statute that deals with the handling of classified material by the SofS.
The FOIA says hi! (among others)

Quote:
And it is simply your delusion that she is bound by the decision of other authorities in the handling of security information within the State Dept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by State Departement
Classified information that originated in another federal agency must not
be communicated by the receiving agency to a third agency without the
consent of the originating agency. For these purposes, State, OPIC, TDP,
and USAID are to be considered separate agencies. Such approval must
be obtained in writing, and a record of the approval and communication
must be maintained by the communicator.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/88403.pdf
Quote:
Um...no.

Last edited by billydaman; 09-09-2015 at 11:12 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I understand there is protocols in place for certain materials that are automatically classified e.g. correspondence with foreign governments. Control of classified material would only pertain to that originating in the State Department. Anything classified by other agencies like the CIA, DOD, etc. that has been conveyed to the State Dept. can only be declassified by the agency that classified it.
Not if it comes to State as an input to a work product. Think about it. A SofS can't tell some shirt tale dictator we know he crossed the river and had better get his ass back or he will get it shot off? But he can't say that because the satellite agency classified the photo that provides the SofS with athe info?

And there is also this thing called a transfer when a document passes from one agency to another. And it appears the receiving agency determines when the transfer occurs. The other agency can complain but practically the only override is the President.

Basically the line guys still run the show. If they need to disclose it they disclose it. And if it is an input to their work product they also control its classificatin.

This stuff is all grey and murky at the high levels. Clerks get fired or arrested. Brass does as it sees fit.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I would actually be insulted, but I'm actually sad and embarrassed at your ignorance on the subject.

The FOIA says hi!

Um...no.
Your posts get more and more absurd.

You believe FOIA deals with security? Reallly?

Sof S is not a State Department employee and can waive any State Dept protocol by wishing it so.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is correct.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
You believe FOIA deals with security? Reallly?

Sof S is not a State Department employee and can waive any State Dept protocol by wishing it so.
I'm truly stunned. I really am.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I'm truly stunned. I really am.
Yes - you likely are. You should avoid posting on things you do not understand.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Yes - you likely are. You should avoid posting on things you do not understand.
No, it's more likely I need to stop discussing something with someone argues against reality. The stuff you are saying, I've proven false with State Department regulations. You had the audacity to suggest the Secretary of State is not an employee of the State Department. That's like saying the CEO of Coke is not the employee of Coke. It's moronic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies