Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 08:29 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I would say thanks for nothing George W Bush For almost bankrupting this country. Where were you whiners when George Bush was in office? Republicans have issues with Democrats all the time no matter what. Get over it. If you don't like it move to another country.
This is about Obama, not Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 08:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Cool The lazy man's guide to presidential effectiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, yep....always did, always will.

As for the OP... if you bought into Obama's santa clause act and expected him to legislate your prosperity you are the fool but many people did, enough to get him into office and they are sorely disappointed. Never ever think any politician regardless of party or color has your best interests at heart. To put it simply, it's lies and pandering. Depend on yourself and work around their nonsense as best as you can.
Compare the state of the nation at the end of a president's term to its state at the beginning of his term.

Dubya: colossal failure

Obama: well done

The record

I think that Obama's success is what really frosts the flakes of the irrational right. They'll dig very deeply into the pit of denial to maintain their phony outrage.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:36 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
I read thru half of this thread, before realizing the entire thread can be summed up with.......

The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.

The graphs and charts will show how Wall Street is doing fine, people that had money to begin with are making more.

The anecdotal evidence, the restaraunts, shops, parking lots, food stamp recipients, labor participation rates, show many more are in dire straits.

CN.......

Old 08-16-2015, 08:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctioningAlcoholic View Post
Thanks for volunteering to tackle the nation's problems and then making them all worse.
All? Please list the many things that are worse. And worse than what? Extra points if you can specifically point to things he did worse than the last admin.

He’s Done a LOT! 308 Accomplishments by President Obama so far, With Citations | The PCTC Blog

5 Obama Successes Republicans Pretend Never Happened

In Defense of Obama | Rolling Stone

https://www.facebook.com/notes/accom...a/377659576289

Old 08-16-2015, 08:58 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I read thru half of this thread, before realizing the entire thread can be summed up with.......

The graphs and charts will show how Wall Street is doing fine, people that had money to begin with are making more.

The anecdotal evidence, the restaraunts, shops, parking lots, food stamp recipients, labor participation rates, show many more are in dire straits.

CN.......
If the rich are getting richer it is inspite of Obama. Obama negotiate the expiration of the upper income Bush tax cuts. He proposed to raise the minimum wage but can't get that passed the GOP controlled Congress. Obama wanted a jobs bill passed but the GOP controlled Congress wouldn't pass it.

The labor participation rate has been falling for decades. Obama isn't responsible for the baby boom.

Inspite of GOP obstruction enough of Obama's policies were passed to slowly improve the economy and lower unemployment means that other than the rich are benefiting.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Not sure where you live, but down here you need to time your restaurant trips well unless you want to wait for your table up 1 hr. Malls and their parking lots are packed.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:

CN.......
According the news, your city is doing very well, so do you actually live there? Perhaps most people are moving ahead there--but are busy, rather than complaining about how dire things are under Obama.

Cape Coral In The News...Again

Wow, our city is once again receiving some of the highest rankings in the country. So what is all the big news?
After the nation-wide real estate debacle of previous years, the page has turned and now Cape Coral is getting continual top recognition from a wide variety of highly recognized media and organizations.

At the end of last year, the National Association of Builders even rewarded Cape Coral the title of Most Improved Florida Housing Market. Whether its business, lifestyle, friendliness, real estate come back, growth, or retirement - Cape Coral ranks ahead of the crowd and as one of the top places to be.

Just in the last few months, Forbes placed Cape Coral on the top 200 list of Best Place for Business. Forbes also confirmed last year's Money Magazine's recognition of Cape Coral as one of the 25 Best Places to Retire in the nation. We even beat well known Florida cities like Fort Lauderdale and Miami and numerous other household names across the country. Considering that there are about 30,000 cities and municipalities around the country, it is not small news that we keep getting chosen as one of the best.

Likewise, the latest survey from Manpower Employment, a temp agency, shows the strongest outlook for hiring since 2008. The job front for early 2014 looks most promising in the Florida cities of Deltona and Cape Coral and the Texas cities of McAllen, Austin and Dallas, Manpower said. Employers in Buffalo, Memphis, Hartford and Chicago are not as optimistic.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:23 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
  1. My stock account is at all time highs.
  2. Our family business is at all time highs in both revenue and profit.
  3. My home's value is at all time highs.
I can't complain and most people I know are doing very, very well.
12 million new jobs, a stock market that has more than doubled, deficits that have been cut by two-thirds, health care inflation at the lowest rate in nearly 50 years, manufacturing coming back, auto industry coming back, clean energy doubled....

But don't forget, he's out to take away your gun and bible in the middle of the night.

Oh. You still have them? But-but-but...

Old 08-16-2015, 11:10 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
12 million new jobs, a stock market that has more than doubled, deficits that have been cut by two-thirds, health care inflation at the lowest rate in nearly 50 years, manufacturing coming back, auto industry coming back, clean energy doubled....

But don't forget, he's out to take away your gun and bible in the middle of the night.

Oh. You still have them? But-but-but...
The only reason for someone to say the economy is worse now than before is if they bet on an economic collapse when Obama took office in 2009. If they shorted the stock market (make money when stocks go down, lose money when stocks go up), sold their homes at a loss because they thought they'd go down to zero, and/or used those proceeds to build bomb shelters and canned food. Well, since none of that happened, they missed out on one of the best stock market rallies in history, a strong housing market boom that isn't fueled by stated income/assets and a decent job market overall.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:49 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Fact and logic is on one side of this argument and emotion is on the other. In the real world, fact and logic wins.

I'm not going to lie about being a millionaire or anything like that, but I've been doing okay in the current economy. There are jobs available and I am lucky to have the opportunity to turn them down and hold out for something better. I don't think Obama is the sole reason for a better economy or my personal good luck, but the one in charge usually gets the credit, warranted or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies