Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:16 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What things would you do if you were king or Queen? Not asking how or for the details just what changes you would make.

1. Get rid of the two party system.
2. Ban ALL GMO's
3. Give tax breaks to those who use public transportation & or ride their bikes to work.
4. Free health care.
5. Give tax breaks to those who companies/ people who use solar panels at home.
6. Decimalize pot.
7.Give car makers a tax break for making cars that get 60 MPG.
8. End homelessness.
9. That everyone got to go to college/vocational school.
10. That anyone who ran for office could use religion as a reason to run. Nor could they mention God/s while in office in public.
11. Create a train for the U.S like Japan has that run the length of the U.S & on both coasts.
12. When out of H.S kids have to enlist in some type of civil service for a year. Peace Corps, the DMV, Police officer, etc.
13. Make sure that everyone has a job.
14. End the I.R.S!!
(You forgot making sure that ice cream goes all the way to the bottom of the cone. )

I'd abdicate:

For one thing, no one should wield absolute power; no one is worthy.

Second, not even a fairytale monarch can do all the seven year old's wish list stuff you list above; everything in real life has costs and consequences.

Edited to add: Nevermind...I see that you're a liberal...and you simply can't convince a liberal that life is a matter for grownups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 06:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb What would you do if you were king

All hail Old King Gringo!

Royal Proclamations:

Henceforth and forever more...

1. Monday will be the 3rd day of the weekend, with the standard workweek being Tue - Fri

2. A full work week will be 32 hours, with all work beyond 8 hrs/day being paid at the rate of time and a half, salaried individuals included.

3. 15 national holidays per year.

4. Standard vacation will be 3 weeks of paid time off each year.

That's for starters. Given some time, I'd come up with more excellent ideas.

Dismissed!

Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
(You forgot making sure that ice cream goes all the way to the bottom of the cone. )

I'd abdicate:

For one thing, no one should wield absolute power; no one is worthy.

Second, not even a fairytale monarch can do all the seven year old's wish list stuff you list above; everything in real life has costs and consequences.

Edited to add: Nevermind...I see that you're a liberal...and you simply can't convince a liberal that life is a matter for grownups.

You ASSume much, I don't vote I'm not stupid enough to vote I understand that voting doesn't do jack & or crap. Now run along & keep believe that your vote counts. I'm sorry that you were born without the ability to see beyond your own ideas.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:15 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I would rather be an iron-fisted dictator.........Kings and Queens usually make-up a piece of the pie in the balance of power in most Monarchies.

Things I would do:

*Eliminate Fannie and Freddie and ALL government rigging of the US housing markets,
*13 and up, you do a horrific crime and there is not doubt of your guilt...gone in a year or less,
*en-panel a board of non-biased, true experts on how to TRULY improve health-care costs and
outcome........then put those recommendations in place,
*end birthright citizenship,
*flat-tax, EVERYONE pays 10% on each and every penny of personal income, NO write-offs.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:17 PM

189 posts, read 178,553 times
1. Term limits
2. Flat tax...NO exceptions for corporations or individuals....Everybody pays their %.
3. Invest in infrastructure
4. Single payer healthcare.
5. Control the border....completely.
6. Invest in military to ensure WE are the ONLY superpower.
7. All illegal aliens must register and prepare for deportation.
8. Protect 2nd amendment.
9. Prayer back in schools. (and I don't care if you are offended).
10. Line item veto.
11. Every state would have death penalty with public hangings for terrorists, child molesters, rapists, murderers.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:24 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
What would I do if I were Queen?

I would DEPORT all of you and keep the whole country for myself!

Mine, mine, it's ALL mine!

Old 08-16-2015, 10:35 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
I probably wouldn't be able to do much, with Obama in my way, bowing to me all the time.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:31 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
1. Remove all government handouts that benefit illegal aliens.
2. Redefine US citizenship to require one parent to be a US citizen.
3. Immediately deport all jailed/imprisoned illegal aliens.
4. Sterilize and then immediately deport all jailed/violent criminals to US-controlled island that is heavily guarded against them reaching our civilized borders. Very limited government support. They'll need to farm the land to survive. Otherwise...whatever.
5. Decriminalize the use/sale of drugs. Regulate it as we do alcohol.
6. Mandatory IUD for welfare recipients. Those who engage in criminal activity are forever disqualified from future benefits.
7. No international adoption.
8. Similar to Gringo, shorter work week. More vacations. Maternity/paternity leave of 1 year.

I'm sure I can think of more but that's all I have for now.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:41 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
"What things would you do if you were king or Queen? Not asking how or for the details just what changes you would make."

I'd make a Royal Order calling for an immediate general election to choose a President, House, Senate and so on. Royalty just isn't right. While I was waiting for election day, I'd look back and see if my predecessor was a King Obama. I'd undo all his stuff.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:32 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What things would you do if you were king or Queen? Not asking how or for the details just what changes you would make.

1. Get rid of the two party system.
2. Ban ALL GMO's
3. Give tax breaks to those who use public transportation & or ride their bikes to work.
4. Free health care.
5. Give tax breaks to those who companies/ people who use solar panels at home.
6. Decimalize pot.
7.Give car makers a tax break for making cars that get 60 MPG.
8. End homelessness.
9. That everyone got to go to college/vocational school.
10. That anyone who ran for office could use religion as a reason to run. Nor could they mention God/s while in office in public.
11. Create a train for the U.S like Japan has that run the length of the U.S & on both coasts.
12. When out of H.S kids have to enlist in some type of civil service for a year. Peace Corps, the DMV, Police officer, etc.
13. Make sure that everyone has a job.
14. End the I.R.S!!

Concubines!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies