Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
I think OP didn't make that clear in the post, it said "sex is overrated" I understood that to be that OP can't get laid.
I don't get the whole quest of getting "laid".

Old 10-17-2015, 04:41 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't get the whole quest of getting "laid".
It's human beings' number one drive, even above the drive to eat. The quest to get laid underpins most of the structure of our societies. Most people want to procreate. Those who don't leave no genetic legacy. In terms of biology, those with the most descendants are the winners. Most people understand this instinctively. We are bred to understand this.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I mean - why make such a big deal about it? If you want to stay single - stay single. If you want to date, date.

Really, everyone is just trying to figure out their own life.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It's human beings' number one drive, even above the drive to eat. The quest to get laid underpins most of the structure of our societies. Most people want to procreate. Those who don't leave no genetic legacy. In terms of biology, those with the most descendants are the winners. Most people understand this instinctively. We are bred to understand this.
While I agree that we are bred to procreate, with understanding comes choice.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
While I agree that we are bred to procreate, with understanding comes choice.
One reason I refuse to have sex until I am married. There is no benefit to have premarital /extramarital sex.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
It is not my drive. I'm not married, so there is no reason for me to have sex.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
It is not my drive. I'm not married, so there is no reason for me to have sex.
If you plan on having children, then it should be your drive. If not, then you will die childless and the world will be populated by the descendants of men who were more motivated than you.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
If you plan on having children, then it should be your drive. If not, then you will die childless and the world will be populated by the descendants of men who were more motivated than you.
At this moment, dying childless is not something I worry about. And what makes you think I don't have motivation? We already have many people being born that turn into unmotivated men.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
At this moment, dying childless is not something I worry about. And what makes you think I don't have motivation? We already have many people being born that turn into unmotivated men.
I was talking about the motivation to have children, which you just stated you don't have. Maybe one day you will decide that you actually do want children. As a man, you can afford to wait longer, since men stay fertile at a later age and your market value as a mate can actually increase with age if you are financially successful. This is rarely the case with women.

You shouldn't wait too long though, because the window will eventually close.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the motivation to have children, which you just stated you don't have. Maybe one day you will decide that you actually do want children. As a man, you can afford to wait longer, since men stay fertile at a later age and your market value as a mate can actually increase with age if you are financially successful. This is rarely the case with women.

You shouldn't wait too long though, because the window will eventually close.
I'm going to level with you. I don't have alot of motivation to have children. This is why. I have a difficult time just keeping up with me. Work, trying to stay in shape, doing other various other things in my life. Right now, having a child would make my life harder.

And something more. Having premarital sex/extramarital sex goes against my morals. That's reason #1 I will never have sex until I'm married, and only with the woman I'm married to. Since I am pretty much a bachelor, no sex for me, period. No it's and or buts. No excuses, absolutely no wavering on that. And no amount of shaming will convince me otherwise.

In addition to reason #1, there is something more to consider. After hearing about a woman impregnating herself with sperm from the condom, I have even less reason to have sex outside of marriage. Last time I checked, I could get put on the hook for child support if that happens. Some women have lied about being on the pill just to get a baby out of a man, and the child support that comes with it.

After watching multiple episodes of The Maury Show, I have enough reason to remain a virgin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies