Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,193 times

Advertisements

Clinton Offers Unpaid Interns

Quote:
Clinton recently came under fire for not paying her interns. In an op-ed on USA Today, a prospective Clinton intern detailed how she had to turn down her dream internship because Clinton's lack of pay for interns is contributing to an “exploitative system.”

As a result of the unpaid internship dilemma coming to light, Clinton decided to pay eight of her formerly unpaid interns—after they were designated as field staffers.

Free coffee that I would have to make?! SCORE!

Remember, everyone deserves* 15 an hour!

* offer not applicable to those being used by liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 01:16 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post

College kids interning and not getting paid...SHOCKING!!!

Of course, the pay off with interning is getting to know political insiders and their apparatus, and then getting the political hack jobs or references that come later, especially with someone like Hillary who has a strong chance of winning.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
I've worked on several campaigns over the years. Never got paid. I would presume that all of the campaigns, Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Fiorina, etc, all have unpaid interns and unpaid volunteers. Unless the OP is saying otherwise???

Old 08-17-2015, 01:47 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
Here. Let me help a little:

in·tern
noun
noun: intern; plural noun: interns; noun: interne; plural noun: internes
ˈinˌtərn/
a student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, at a trade or occupation in order to gain work experience.

I would venture to guess that MOST interns do not get paid.
It is the EXPERIENCE that is far more valuable than a meager paycheck.

When you graduate with any degree and have ZERO experience it is difficult to get a decent job. IF you can put down an internship where you actually gained experience in the field of your degree it becomes MUCH EASIER to land a decent job.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
What is the men to women ratio?

Old 08-17-2015, 01:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:

Political interns typically don't get paid.

All the candidates encourage youth to submit their resumes for unpaid positions.

Guess the chick who worked in the Hillary org did not get the memo.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:41 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,193 times
Many internships are paid.

Is The Unpaid Internship Dead?

Quote:
Headlines this week about a federal judge’s ruling in an unpaid internship case are shining a light on the murky, confusing world of internships and making it clear that in most cases the law requires private employers to pay a minimum wage, even if the interns have voluntarily signed on to work for little or no money.

On Tuesday a federal judge in New York ruled that Fox Searchlight Pictures broke federal labor law and New York state minimum wage laws when it employed two production interns, Eric Glatt and Alexander Footman, on the film Black Swan, for no pay.
Also, when someone is demanding a 15/hr minimum wage while paying their own people zilch, it does warrant some hypocrite rock throwing.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Interns are not typically paid as others have mentioned. Find a new reason to be outraged. I'm sure you will.

/thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
offer not applicable to those being used by liberals
Just because Trump paid actors to clap and act enthusiastic as he descended the golden escalator from the golden apartment during his announcement, now everyone working for candidates want to be paid.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:17 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Ah, what a difference 25 years make.

Bill "Slick Willy" Clinton paid his interns with sexual favors --- and who could resist sexual favors from a doughy, well-past-middle-age man?

Hillary Clinton is offering her interns free coffee, with the possibility that Huma's lover might suffer a relapse and starting showing them his Weiner.

Oh, and Sick Hilly's also giving them tips on how she works her magic on Snapchat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies