Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 11:39 AM

624 posts, read 379,107 times

Advertisements

Old 08-18-2015, 11:41 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post

Absolutely!

I've yet to see any sensible policy or logic on your part. I do see an irrational fear of those different than you though.

And you're still spinning around as a "conservative".

Old 08-18-2015, 11:43 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually over 300 MILLION immigrants, live in this country.

INSANE.

It must be Troll Tuesday and I somehow missed the memo.
No. No, there aren't.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:51 AM

624 posts, read 379,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And you're still spinning around as a "conservative".
Yes I am. Proudly.

But your definition of Conservative is obviously different than most reasonable people. I'm sure you'll find like-minded thinkers at Stormfront.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:57 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
One could have written a headline " Immigration at all time High" at any point over the past 35 years. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

Number Immigrants

1970- 10M
1980-14M
1990-20 M
2000-31M
2010-41 M

U.S. Immigrant Population and Share over Time, 1850-Present | migrationpolicy.org
Get a clue.. all those illegal immigrants don't want to become American.. they keep going home and come back.. they are not coming here to be citizens.. they want the perks.. the welfare, the housing and the medical and are satisfied with under the table pay that is their spending money because the government is picking up the tab for everything else..
The money under the table is sent or saved to take back to Mexico.. Billions of dollars leaving this country... to Mexico, middle east for oil, and China for products, Japan for cars.. We are broke and it is not wonder.
Mexicans make $2.00 in value in American dollars over there.. To make $20 is a windfall and plus freebees.. they are getting rich bilking the welfare system. Every illegal I see uses their welfare swipe card for food and they eat better than Americans . They are on medicaid because their kids are born here.

And because it is so good here for them , they all come over here for the perks.. Americans who work including the working poor have to foot the bill. I imagine in your mind this is fair .

Those babies born to illegals will grow up and have more kids and get on the welfare system. We are 18 trillion dollars in debt. Think deeper, if you can and see if this is good for our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vip1Jk0u5U

Old 08-18-2015, 12:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Actually, aren't there 300 million immigrants in the US? My family goes back to the 1600s-1700s but isn't Donald Trump first and second generation? Wasn't Trump's mother a Scottish immigrant? Wasn't his father's parents German immigrants? Aren't Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal first generation? Since the GOP is fine with deporting children who are born here, how far should we go back? Why did those people come to this country? For the perks and the welfare? Is that what Ted Cruz' family came for?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually, aren't there 300 million immigrants in the US? My family goes back to the 1600s-1700s but isn't Donald Trump first and second generation? Wasn't Trump's mother a Scottish immigrant? Wasn't his father's parents German immigrants? Aren't Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal first generation? Since the GOP is fine with deporting children who are born here, how far should we go back? Why did those people come to this country? For the perks and the welfare? Is that what Ted Cruz' family came for?
When you have a president putting ads on the tv and radio to get foodstamps of course they will take them.. The food stamp president handing the food stamp cost to the middle class and working poor.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
When you have a president putting ads on the tv and radio to get foodstamps of course they will take them.. The food stamp president handing the food stamp cost to the middle class and working poor.
So you're saying that none of the GOP presidential candidates who are from immigrant families came to the U.S. for economic benefit?

Here is the story of Donald Trump's mother:

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php

Old 08-18-2015, 12:44 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Yes I am. Proudly.

But your definition of Conservative is obviously different than most reasonable people. I'm sure you'll find like-minded thinkers at Stormfront.

Ah, now parading around the liberal talking point "stormfront"/racist nonsense. Your liberal slant/agenda is so obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get a clue.. all those illegal immigrants don't want to become American.. they keep going home and come back.. they are not coming here to be citizens.. they want the perks.. the welfare, the housing and the medical and are satisfied with under the table pay that is their spending money because the government is picking up the tab for everything else..
The money under the table is sent or saved to take back to Mexico.. Billions of dollars leaving this country... to Mexico, middle east for oil, and China for products, Japan for cars.. We are broke and it is not wonder.
Mexicans make $2.00 in value in American dollars over there.. To make $20 is a windfall and plus freebees.. they are getting rich bilking the welfare system. Every illegal I see uses their welfare swipe card for food and they eat better than Americans . They are on medicaid because their kids are born here.

And because it is so good here for them , they all come over here for the perks.. Americans who work including the working poor have to foot the bill. I imagine in your mind this is fair .

Those babies born to illegals will grow up and have more kids and get on the welfare system. We are 18 trillion dollars in debt. Think deeper, if you can and see if this is good for our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vip1Jk0u5U
According to "conservative" here we are racist if we expose the insanity of the immigration advocates.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So you're saying that none of the GOP presidential candidates who are from immigrant families came to the U.S. for economic benefit?

Here is the story of Donald Trump's mother:

Given the harsh economic realities of life in such isolated communities of subsistence farming and fishing, it is little wonder that numerous Lewismen (and women) emigrated as the land simply could not sustain the growing population. Clearly there was a better life for them in the new world.

https://www.scottishroots.com/people/donald.php
Difference is there were no welfare freebees .. they came to work... made little money and scraped by because they wanted to pull their own weight.... today I don't see anyone looking poor because the handouts are so numerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies