Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 04:08 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,230,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Just curious really, because I have never really understood it. Personally, I feel that American lives and tax dollars aren't worth it.
The real reason? Jewish Americans are a wealthy and powerful faction in Washington, and they value Israel.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:13 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Funny thing is the most brutal acts in history were carried out by Christians. The Nazis were Christians who exterminated 6 million Jewish people. Let's not forget the atomic bombing of Japan carried out by the United States. Don't throw stones...
Oh, please! Just because someone claims to be Christan doesn't make them one. Christians were also exterminated by the Nazis. Why?

The Nazi's were no more Christian than Muslims are! If anything, they were atheists.

And now you want to bring up the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in a war where the Japanese were the aggressors engaged in an effort to expand their empire throughout the Western Pacific? I'm not ashamed of what we did to Japan. It saved thousands of American lives, and it ended the war in the Pacific. This is historical fact.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:28 PM

601 posts, read 458,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Some may.

American foreign policy should first be based on what's best for America. Secondly, it should be based on protecting human rights and promoting freedom for all people.

Thirdly, it should be based on promoting and protecting free trade, and protecting and keeping shipping lanes open on the high seas.

Name one Democrat that believes in the Constitution and wants to defend it? All are "Progressives," and consider the Constitution an outdated document that is of little use "in the 21st Century."

I hate to clue you, but all of the Muslim World hate us (as well as they hate Israel) and are intent on our destruction.

Your assumption is false, but it's typical. You do not understand Islam, so you think that the reason they hate us is because of our policy toward Israel. They hate us because of what their "holy book" the Qur'an tells them; that the are to "kill the infidel" wherever they find them. This is what has always driven the Muslims to slaughter and conquer. Nothing has changed.
To say that all of the Muslim world hates is is an absolute falsehood perpetrated by the right. Show me proof please from a non-right leaning source.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,870,436 times
Quote:
Just curious really, because I have never really understood it. Personally, I feel that American lives and tax dollars aren't worth it.

Lessee.....It didn't happen overnight so you should be able to glean something by Googling it and doing your own research.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM

601 posts, read 458,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Lessee.....It didn't happen overnight so you should be able to glean something by Googling it and doing your own research.
Already did that, and it's really pointless. Particularly when a lot of the support seems to be based on a work of fiction.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:36 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Quote:
To say that all of the Muslim world hates is is an absolute falsehood perpetrated by the right. Show me proof please from a non-right leaning source.
"If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the extortion tax (Jizya). If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them". - Muhammad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4LmGPg8ScQ

Old 08-20-2015, 04:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,870,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The religious who defend Israel do so from Christian perspectives that are very new, and which are almost tailor made solely for support of modern Israel.

Non-religious or 'other' religious, non-Jewish conservatives who do mostly do it as a surrogate for the ethnic/white nationalism that they are not permitted to express themselves.
Israeli Jews aren't white. They look like Palestinians. People from northern Iran are white.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:45 PM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
Quote:
I agree. When I traveled in Turkey, Albania, Egypt and a few other such places, I quickly learned (what I had suspected before) that people are people the world over, with the same desire for security, peace, raising their families, and worshiping as they please.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” —Mark Twain

Old 08-20-2015, 04:49 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree. When I traveled in Turkey, Albania, Egypt and a few other such places, I quickly learned (what I had suspected before) that people are people the world over, with the same desire for security, peace, raising their families, and worshiping as they please.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” —Mark Twain
Travel can give a very superficial understanding.

I would suggest you live a few years in any Muslim country as an Infidel and experience first hand the laws put in place by the Government that essentially make Infidels as second-class citizens of the State, and the vigilante justice that ensures you stay in line in accordance to Sharia Law as practiced by that particular state.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:38 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Oh, really? A falsehood? You know nothing about Islam, apparently. They hate the West, and Muslims refer to The USA as "the Great Satan."

It's interesting that you, a Jew, would defend Islam. Kind of makes me think you are perhaps a fraud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.