Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:51 PM

601 posts, read 459,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You need to brush up on your history, especially post ww2 reconstruction.
I do know my history and the fact that before WW2, we didn't have these issues. I just feel that we should leave that whole region alone and focus on problem closer to home. Unfortunetly our military industrial complex need a reason to keep humming after the Cold War. Now we seem to be in a situation where we have past the point of no return.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
I do know my history and the fact that before WW2, we didn't have these issues. I just feel that we should leave that whole region alone and focus on problem closer to home. Unfortunetly our military industrial complex need a reason to keep humming after the Cold War. Now we seem to be in a situation where we have past the point of no return.
Before ww2 Jews were able to live integrated throughout greater Europe. That wasn't an option post ww2, millions of people needed to go somewhere. Britain deconstructing it empire was part of the agreement for the U.S. Giving aid early ww2.

The military industrial complex is not humming because of the aid we send to Israel.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This answer is exactly what the OP deserved.

Anyone who can look up google can find the many, many important reasons we have and always will protect Israel.

But you already knew that. Happy trolling.
I also dont find an arguably fictitious book reason to base foreign policy on.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Before ww2 Jews were able to live integrated throughout greater Europe. That wasn't an option post ww2, millions of people needed to go somewhere. Britain deconstructing it empire was part of the agreement for the U.S. Giving aid early ww2.

The military industrial complex is not humming because of the aid we send to Israel.
No, but is certainly is now considering the fact that we support a country made up of displaced people who turned around and displace more people. It wasn't vacant land. Antartica was available.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
I didn't know that. Both China and Russia have territory with Muslim majorities though, so would that be Muslim seperatists, or actual groups like al quada or ISIS based in the Middle east? We don't have terroritory in that region, so our situation is completely different fromthat standpoint.
ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Boko Haram, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Lashkar-e-taiba, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. = Islam

Once there is a sizable Muslim population, Terrorism/Islamic-Jihad is part of the enrichment.

As Muslim population grows, what can happen to a society? - National Homeland Security | Examiner.com

Old 08-17-2015, 10:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
I still don't get the obsession no matter how many different reasons conservatives give me. None of them make any sense.

Being the only democracy in the region is a pretty lame reason to give a nation unqualified and uncritical support.

We should be friends with Israel, but that's all. We shouldn't be an ally, financier, or a partner with them in any way except for when it has a direct tangible benefit to Americans as a whole.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
No, but is certainly is now considering the fact that we support a country made up of displaced people who turned around and displace more people. It wasn't vacant land. Antartica was available.
When you win the war you get to make the decisions.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Boko Haram, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Lashkar-e-taiba, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. = Islam

Once there is a sizable Muslim population, Terrorism/Islamic-Jihad is part of the enrichment.

As Muslim population grows, what can happen to a society? - National Homeland Security | Examiner.com
There are bad eggs in every society. We have the various domestic terrorist groups that base the twisted beliefs on religion.

http://images.rapgenius.com/7bb0fdcc....640x521x1.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-18-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 08-17-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I still don't get the obsession no matter how many different reasons conservatives give me. None of them make any sense.

Being the only democracy in the region is a pretty lame reason to give a nation unqualified and uncritical support.

We should be friends with Israel, but that's all. We shouldn't be an ally, financier, or a partner with them in any way except for when it has a direct tangible benefit to Americans as a whole.
I would put Israel on the back burner personally. The countries with oil should be a priority.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
When you win the war you get to make the decisions.
So we are paying for a bad decision made almost 70 years ago. Antartica is still available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies