Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 03:53 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do you own a fire extinguisher? If so, why do you own it if it cannot put out every size and type of fire?
I do not argue against that point. Your point is well taken and true. However, I think the direction society ought to go is to get rid of guns completely rather than having as many people as possible walking around armed, unless there is evidence that we might be invaded by aliens from another planet or something.....in which case I don't think our guns are going to do much good against creatures that can travel light years.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
How can anybody say it's a good shot when an unarmed boy was murdered? Where's Obama when we need him???!!

Oh, wait, the dearly departed was white? My bad and never mind. His life doesn't matter.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I do not argue against that point. Your point is well taken and true. However, I think the direction society ought to go is to get rid of guns completely rather than having as many people as possible walking around armed, unless there is evidence that we might be invaded by aliens from another planet or something.....in which case I don't think our guns are going to do much good against creatures that can travel light years.
You might as well wish for everyone to have a pet unicorn if you think guns will be removed from society.

Over 300 million guns are in America. Millions of Americans would die before turning them over.

Studies show someone with a concealed carry permit is 7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than your average American. To out it frankly, you are worrying about the statistically safest group.

All you have to do is look at history to see what happens when an armed government decides a certain part of the population should be felt with.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This is exactly the reason I carry. What location would you least expect to be attacked in? Who would imagine that some idiot would attack you while you are sitting quietly and trying to eat at a Waffle House of all places. One never knows where a threat could occur.
Waffle Houses can be pretty sketchy. Those places def attract a "different" kind of person. lol Even I like eating there but there ain't any in Mohave County.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:16 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You might as well wish for everyone to have a pet unicorn if you think guns will be removed from society.

Over 300 million guns are in America. Millions of Americans would die before turning them over.

Studies show someone with a concealed carry permit is 7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than your average American. To out it frankly, you are worrying about the statistically safest group.

All you have to do is look at history to see what happens when an armed government decides a certain part of the population should be felt with.
Yes....I know that will not happen either....thus the eventually that I see is not a pretty picture for Americas future. Eventually when the economy hits the next depression....the military will subdue the armed masses forcefully.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Old news. This was posted a few months ago.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How can anybody say it's a good shot when an unarmed boy was murdered? Where's Obama when we need him???!!

Oh, wait, the dearly departed was white? My bad and never mind. His life doesn't matter.
I guess you didn't watch the video. It was quit clear that the guy killed rushed the gun owner and the gun owner responded appropriately.

By the way, the difference between this act and others, it was on video.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:26 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Mental note....stay out of the Waffle House.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes....I know that will not happen either....thus the eventually that I see is not a pretty picture for Americas future. Eventually when the economy hits the next depression....the military will subdue the armed masses forcefully.
Why didn't that happen during the last depression?

The military is not capable of subduing an armed population like that would be in question. Not to mention many in the army would disobey an order like that.

Their is a reason officers pledge to uphold the constitution and not the office of the president.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Mental note....stay out of the Waffle House.
But chicken and waffles are delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies