Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 01:46 PM

76 posts, read 85,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
Right. Like the pilgrims should have just stood up to the Church of England instead of running for America. Cowards!
Your analogy is awful.

Pilgrims:church of England:: all the countries in the ME:ISIS

makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 01:48 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Yes, too bad there aren't more Muslims willing die for our freedoms.

This guy was dead no matter what he did.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes, too bad there aren't more Muslims willing die for our freedoms.

This guy was dead no matter what he did.
What's his death have to do with our freedoms?

Old 08-19-2015, 01:57 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I wish more Muslims would stand-up to these thugs...instead most Muslims run for this hills (or Europe). Bunch of cowards.
Well, the old guy is probably Muslim too. How ISIS gets so many people to join them is beyond comprehension. They have been killing, enslaving and raping people throughout a large area of the Middle East. They obviously have enough sympathetic supporters to grow.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:58 PM

632 posts, read 932,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapRate View Post
Your analogy is awful.

Pilgrims:church of England:: all the countries in the ME:ISIS

makes no sense.
I'm not sure why you don't see the analogy.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:59 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, the old guy is probably Muslim too. How ISIS gets so many people to join them is beyond comprehension. They have been killing, enslaving and raping people throughout a large area of the Middle East. They obviously have enough sympathetic supporters to grow.
yeah, they seem to have an endless stream of sympathizers.

So very peaceful

Old 08-19-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I'm not sure why you don't see the analogy.
Because in your analogy pilgrims (a smaller minority group not in political control trying to break away from the status quo and start their own country) is compared to all the middle east governments (thegroup in political control) and ISIS (a smaller group fighting to break away from the status quo and start a new caliphate) is compared to the Church of England (the group representing the status quo which had political control) .

Basically, your analogy is completely ass backwards.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
I send Israel lots of money to make sure they can defend themselves against ISIS when the time comes.

What's stopping you from going over and standing up to Israel?
Lol...Israel is gonna take on ISIS, huh?

And why would I "stand up to Israel?" They've done nothing to me.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:11 PM

632 posts, read 932,754 times
Quote:
Because in your analogy pilgrims (a smaller minority group not in political control trying to break away from the status quo and start their own country) is compared to all the middle east governments (thegroup in political control) and ISIS (a smaller group fighting to break away from the status quo and start a new caliphate) is compared to the Church of England (the group representing the status quo which had political control) .

Basically, your analogy is completely ass backwards.
The Pilgrims were Christians just like the Church of England, which was in political control. However, they had different ideologies from the larger government. Likewise, Muslim immigrants and ISIS both follow Islam, but many have different ideologies. The pilgrims fled Europe (and consequently forced their beliefs on the local population), just like many Muslims flee the Middle East for Europe (and some force their beliefs on the local population).

I think the analogy is completely ass forwards!

Old 08-19-2015, 03:47 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Christian present their beliefs , no one is threatened with death for not believing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies