Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 11:35 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
You are one of the people that has openly admitted that you acknowledge that even if the baby is alive, you don't' think it matters because you put choice above life.

We've been through this. You have said that if the baby is alive it doesn't matter because choice is more important.

I understand that for you it's about the woman, not the life of the baby. But for you to say that is the only way to look at it shows that you are not interested in honest discussion. You can't accept that there are other valid viewpoints that differ from your own.

I can understand the pro-choicers who honestly believe that the baby is not alive yet. I vehemently disagree with them, but at least they have a moral compass and will not kill a being that they truly believe to be alive. If they believed the baby to be a live being, they would change their minds. That's why they might be against late-term abortions. Because at some point they recognize the baby is alive.

I am unable to understand the viewpoints of people who hold "privacy" as a more important right than "life". People who do recognize the baby as a live being, but they don't think it's of enough value to care. I see those priorities as immoral, and I admittedly cannot comprehend it without labeling it as evil.

My convictions say that life is valuable. If you really want me to stand by my convictions, then I am obligated to protect the life of the innocent.
I have no problem with your belief I understand that is what you think. you continue to always ask the same question, you continue to get the same answer from pro choice people. the argument does not hold water. a two year old is different than a 10 week old fetus.

you have no right nor business trying to "protect the life" of a fetus in a woman you don't even know is pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 11:38 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
For Planned Parenthood abortion stats, ‘3 percent’ and ’94 percent’ are both misleading - The Washington PostWhen it comes to what % of PP business is killing babies, both sides are full of it...

Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Inhumane? What's inhumane is claiming you care about the right to life, opposing abortion, then opposing using our tax dollars to spend on welfare for needy families; you know, the kids who weren't aborted that were born to poor parents. THAT'S inhumane. You can't have it both ways. Secondly, the majority of PP's services involve STD testing to both men and women, PAP smears, and low cost or free birth control (eliminating the necessity of more abortions). Abortions comprise but a small minority of the service, and those are NOT covered by tax dollars.
I have no problems with welfare, as is serves a legitimate need to aid those who need it, but it needs to be drastically overhauled to eliminate the massive amount of fraud that wastes millions of dollars that should be used to help those who really need it.

The 3% is a smokescreen to misrepresent what PP does. They count an abortion as a service on the same level as handing out a brochure or birth control. A woman that goes into PP and gets a consultation, birth control, a checkup, a cancer screening and a breast exam just received 5 services. It completely skews the numbers.

This would be like saying selling cars is a tiny part of what an auto dealership does, since they also do repairs, maintenance, detailing, financing, selling parts and accessories and demonstrations. The dealership exists to sell cars, it doesn't matter if they offer all these other much smaller services -- they make the bulk of their profit selling cars just as PP makes the bulk of their profit from abortions.

The truth is, the majority of Planned Parenthood's pregnancy services are performing abortions. They're the biggest abortion provider in the country. No matter how they try to obfuscate what they actually do, they're an abortion mill who encourages women to abort (they do about 150 abortions for every single adoption referral) because there's no money in that. No doubt, PP wants every pregnant women who walks through those doors to get an abortion -- they make money killing that fetus and sometimes more by selling its body parts. Its absolutely horrifying and they need to be defunded.

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And these black women in black neighborhoods are being forced to have abortions? Could it be that PP is placing clinics in neighborhoods where there is moor need for reproductive services, like poor metropolitan areas.
Could it be that Planned Parenthood is still on a eugenics mission?

624 posts, read 379,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I have no problem with your belief I understand that is what you think. you continue to always ask the same question, you continue to get the same answer from pro choice people. the argument does not hold water. a two year old is different than a 10 week old fetus.

you have no right nor business trying to "protect the life" of a fetus in a woman you don't even know is pregnant.
I am asking these questions of different people.

And you have done nothing to logically debunk my argument. All you've done is state your opinion as fact, and you do a poor job of doing it. If you are going to state something and expect someone to buy into your viewpoint, you should at least go through the logical rationale that would lead someone to that conclusion. Think about when you had to do mathematical proofs in school. It's the same thing.

Honestly, if your goal is for people to be convinced of your argument, you probably should have someone else make it for you in a more reasoned manner.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:44 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
But in most all cases the babies all died, so not a great thing and like I said before, you are seeing a 40% drop in the minority community from them.

When we look at something like this you have to ask, "Is this something you can envision God blessing or being mad at"? You can all make your own personal assessments because I think this issue is between these moms and God.
I am bothered about also hearing many women are not fully informed on their decisions before making them since these places make money doing these procedures.

Kind of like going to an Apple store to see if they will sell you an android phone. Hasn't happened once yet I know of.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:47 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
What this article makes clear, and it's from a source that supports abortion, is that Planned Parenthood deliberately cooks its books to downplay how big a part of their business abortion is. If you read through all that it is obvious that abortion is somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of their business. A far cry from 3% and evidence that they are primarily an abortion mill because that is the biggest percentage of their business.

Anyone who spouts this 3% lie should be stricken with leprosy.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
What this article makes clear, and it's from a source that supports abortion, is that Planned Parenthood deliberately cooks its books to downplay how big a part of their business abortion is. If you read through all that it is obvious that abortion is somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of their business. A far cry from 3% and evidence that they are primarily an abortion mill because that is the biggest percentage of their business.

I honestly don't care if it's 3 or 50%. I'm just grateful they were around when I went off to college, they were a godsend until my early to mid 20's.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post

Watch this: Performing mass is a tiny part of what the Catholic church does. They also provide counseling, food pantries, shelters, sponsor missionaries, operate thrift stores and schools and perform weddings. Mass represents just a fraction of what the Church actually does.

3% another flat-out lie created by completely twisting the facts into a pretzel to come to that number. Its much like the completely debunked "77 cents for every dollar" lie about the gender wage gap and the absurd "1 in 5 women in collage are raped" stat.

These are all flat-out lies that everyone up to President Obama continue to parrot because they're effective on anyone whose never looked into how they arrived at those numbers, regardless that they've been proven time and time again to be lies.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

They are in different stages of human life, that is all. One is growing inside the mother unless she chooses to take life away from it and the two year old has been growing for a while outside but hopefully nearby mom.

The 10 week old developing baby has to my knowledge never turned out to be a kitten, a pile of cells and so forth. It always grows into what?

Now as far as choices, if there is a God in some people's life, what would God say about the vast majority of abortions not related to violent crimes? Would he bless that or what?

Now if you are not a God person and are what I consider a science only minded person you would not have to deal with the human aspect probably 95% or more of the people do on this issue.

It's a tough issue any way you look at it.

Still Planned Parenthood and cutting through faces to get to the brain with beating hearts is too much IMO for most people.
Maybe if people were far more responsible in every way around this issue than they are now many would not be facing such gruesome issues in a supposedly civilized society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies